The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Products for dyed hair

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Iero-is_

Products for dyed hair Empty
PostSubject: Products for dyed hair   Products for dyed hair EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 1:02 am

So next week i'm gonna go to the hairdresser to dye my hair blonde. It's gonna be a pretty pale blonde and i have naturally mid brown hair so it's a big change. Anyway i'm looking for products that i could use on my hair after it's dyed. I want something that will keep it blonde (not turn yellow), shiny, oil less, colour lasting and that's basically it. So could anyone recommand a product/s that would help me accomplish that? perferabbly something they sell worldwide and that's not too pricy.

Also, is there anything i should be asking the hairdresser on how to protect it? I've only been to the hairdressers once and that was just to get streaks which only lasted a few weeks cause i never tried to protect it, so im new to the whole thing on wat to ask them.

Thx for any help you could give me Smile
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Products for dyed hair   Products for dyed hair EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 5:09 am

they have products that will condition - best shit I ever used was Neutrogena's Triple Moisture line. shampoo, conditioner, AND the deep conditioner - hot shit!

and try the brilliant blonde stuff by John Frieda to keep your blond locks looking bright and shiny. it helps colour last! :]

just wash your hair as less as you can, only when you have serious oil buildup. :]]

hope I helped!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Products for dyed hair   Products for dyed hair EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 11:44 am

assuming you live in the states

there is a shampoo you get at Sally's called ShimmerLights I believe

it's in a purple bottle

and it's purple

it might seem frightening at first because it will dye your hands until you wash them but it actually has a purple toner in it to combat any brassiness...your hair won't turn purple

The John Frieda stuff works well...I've used the radiant red for a year or so and it really helps prolonge my color...red is the worst at fading

Matrix also makes a line for colored hair which i have been using and it seems to be working well also

I also use Moisture Gloss Color Extender by Marc Anthony...it's similar to BioSilk
I'm not sure if it's actually protecting my color or not but it keeps my hair shiny and silky and it's the only product I have to use when I straighten my hair

Something like Main and Tail(on a budget) or anything by TIGI(if your willing to spend a lil' more) would be good to keep your hair conditioned

Don't use Main and Tail too much or it starts to leave build up

Most everything I've mentioned you can find at CVS except maybe the Shimmer Lights which you can get at Sally's
and The Matrix shampoo you may have to get online
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Products for dyed hair   Products for dyed hair EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 9:29 pm

yeah, mane and tail can buildup on your hair a little - thats the stuff we'd use when we were on budget!
Back to top Go down
Iero-is_

PostSubject: Re: Products for dyed hair   Products for dyed hair EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 9:49 pm

kk thx so much for the help

sadly i live in Australia but i'll probaly be able to find all the stuff you recommended Smile
Back to top Go down
Iero-is_

PostSubject: Re: Products for dyed hair   Products for dyed hair EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 11:25 pm

Oh, one more thing, when you mentioned the products that were meant to keep the colour lasting, will they stop it from turning yellow or would i have to get a toner?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Products for dyed hair   Products for dyed hair EmptySun Jul 01, 2007 1:03 am

The shimmer lights is like a toner but it cleans your hair at the same time

the John Frieda and the Matrix, I'm not too sure of because I don't have blonde hair but that is what they're meant for and they are both good brands
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

Number of posts : 1676
Name : Mandy!
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Products for dyed hair   Products for dyed hair EmptySun Jul 01, 2007 9:00 am

Yeah, I use the John Frieda too...it works quite nicely.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mandy.berthold

PostSubject: Re: Products for dyed hair   Products for dyed hair EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 1:09 pm

TIGI DUMB BLONDEEE

GODSENDDDDDDDDD
Back to top Go down
Zombiere

PostSubject: Re: Products for dyed hair   Products for dyed hair EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 11:00 pm

r!nGw0rM Is correct, You can get all those products at CVS accept for the Shimmer Lights. I work at CVS so I am 100% sure on that! lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Products for dyed hair   Products for dyed hair Empty

Back to top Go down

Products for dyed hair
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Glam Yourself Up! :: Hair-
Jump to: