The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Easy Screen Printing!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Easy Screen Printing! Empty
PostSubject: Easy Screen Printing!   Easy Screen Printing! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 9:40 pm

Quote :
i know a lot of people use this method to screen print and it's pretty easy so i thought i'd make a little tutorial for you lovelies...

materials needed:

something to screen print on 😉
piece of scrap cardboard
old stockings
embroidery hoop (or anything to hold stockings taunt)
mod podge (i haven't tried it but any white glue should work)
an easy to trace image
fabric paint or acrylic paint and fabric medium
pen, scissors, paintbrushes

1. cut up the stockings and put them in the embroidery hoop, tighten the hoop and pull the stocking taunt, cut off any extra stocking
Easy Screen Printing! P1010522

2. place the hoop over your image and trace
Easy Screen Printing! P1010523
Easy Screen Printing! P1010524

3. get out your trusty mod podge and paint in the negative areas where you don't want paint to go through (let the m.p completely dry!!!)
Easy Screen Printing! P1010525
Easy Screen Printing! P1010526

4. when the mod podge is completely dry hold the hoop up to a light and make sure all the tiny "holes" in the stockings are covered

5. put a piece of cardboard inside the shirt so the paint doesn't go through to the back
Easy Screen Printing! P1010532

6. put the hoop on the shirt where you want the image, take your fabric paint and pour a little at the top of the hoop
Easy Screen Printing! P1010530
Easy Screen Printing! P1010539

7. take another piece of small cardboard and use it as a ghetto squeegee and spread the paint across the image, make sure it is a thin layer
Easy Screen Printing! P1010533
Easy Screen Printing! P1010541
Easy Screen Printing! P1010543

8. carefully pull up the hoop and make sure not to drop it and splatter paint on the shirt like i did Mad
Easy Screen Printing! P1010544
CREDIT:

BETTIE13 from PUNKROCKDOMESTICS
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: Easy Screen Printing!   Easy Screen Printing! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 11:18 pm

Hahahaha ghetto squeegie XD

Thanks for posting this! I've been meaning to learn how to silk-screen for awhile aaaand now I can :]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easy Screen Printing!   Easy Screen Printing! EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 12:16 pm

ooh fun!!!
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Easy Screen Printing!   Easy Screen Printing! EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 2:34 pm

Another way to do it (the way I've done it) is to either print or draw the picture you want, then laminate it. Afterwards, cut it out with a craft knife or scissors if you're dexterous enough, and then follow what Jayme did from there. It can be a bit tricky but it was quick. If you're handy with the knife, the picture can come out very crisp.

I've never seen that Mod Podge stuff, if I ever do I might give it a go your way.
Back to top Go down
pedestri

PostSubject: Re: Easy Screen Printing!   Easy Screen Printing! EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 8:40 pm

ooh, i was just thinking, and instead stenciling the image i posted on the stenciling thread, i could try to screenprint it. that might be a little easier
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easy Screen Printing!   Easy Screen Printing! Empty

Back to top Go down

Easy Screen Printing!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Arts & Crafts :: Crafts-
Jump to: