The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I still haven't figured out....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
witch_lilly

witch_lilly

Number of posts : 908
Name : Ruth
Registration date : 2007-03-28

I still haven't figured out.... Empty
PostSubject: I still haven't figured out....   I still haven't figured out.... EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 5:32 pm

How to do shoulders!

Its ridiculous. I'm half way through doing a leopard print hoody, i got to the shoulders and i was like.........uhhhhh what the hell. Lol
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

Number of posts : 1647
Name : Alexa.
Registration date : 2007-04-15

PostSubject: Re: I still haven't figured out....   I still haven't figured out.... EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 7:03 pm

i'd help, but i don't know, either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alexisastar
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: I still haven't figured out....   I still haven't figured out.... EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 7:27 pm

Sleeves are a pain in the butt. What you gotta do is fold the sellve in half so that you can find where the middle of the top is. Line up that with the shoulder seam, then line up the seam of the sleeve with the bottom seam of the arm hole. Then pin all the way around putting a pin in maybe every half inch, and just take your time making sure to remove the pins as you go.
The sleeve is always made a little bigger than the arm hole to allow for ease (because alot of strain is put on that area when you move) so you have to streatch a little as you sew. Although pinning helps alot. Its alot easier to streatch the fabric as you sew if the smaller part is on the bottom.

Hope this helps:D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I still haven't figured out....   I still haven't figured out.... EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 9:59 pm

Sleeves are easy once you get the hang of them. I would suggest cutting the sleeves off of an old shirt you dont want anymore and use them as a pattern. And yes, make them about an inch bigger than the arm hole so you can meet them up on the bottom.

yes yes.
Back to top Go down
witch_lilly

witch_lilly

PostSubject: Re: I still haven't figured out....   I still haven't figured out.... EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 5:07 pm

No the sleeves are fine. I've attached them to the top i just dont know how to sew the rest like the neck line etc together.

Damn my rubbish explaining powers.
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: I still haven't figured out....   I still haven't figured out.... EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 7:35 pm

Do you mean how to finish off the neck?
Back to top Go down
witch_lilly

witch_lilly

PostSubject: Re: I still haven't figured out....   I still haven't figured out.... EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 11:54 am

Yes like that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I still haven't figured out....   I still haven't figured out.... Empty

Back to top Go down

I still haven't figured out....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Arts & Crafts :: Crafts-
Jump to: