The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Recent concerts you've been to??

Go down 
+22
cherrybomb
TOONRULESOK
Bianca
girloflowers
Larlelar
GinaELIZABETH
hyperventilating
justme
ninibaby
hello disaster
kaylalane
shadowsforsale
Alexa Nightmare.
Le_Saboteur
Jayme
PolyphonicThought
Kirsty
Lindsay
witch_lilly
surftaxi
NightmaresOnWax
gill
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 1:13 pm

i met neil last year. like properly. i didnt have the courage to talk to him. but i did go home and tweet him about it. i smiled at him and he touched my shoulder as he walked past in the crowd.

siiiigh.

amanda was amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 1:15 pm

Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 1z3nz4kjpg
Still crying omg jealous.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 1:27 pm

it was such a good gig.

the indelicates played support. i stood next to neil during them!

then a dance troupe called zen zen zo came on and did some stuff.

then the lights wnet out and we heard a horn band and amanda came down from the balcony with them, down the steps and throw the crowd, right past me, and back stage and then came out.

she played songs with them and then did her own thing.

later she did the reading.

and then later on she was joined by a drummer and her sister.

for the finale, she got the indelicates on and the horn band and they all played.

and then they call came back for the encore and did let the sun shine which was amazing.

she left her ukelele upstairs and someone in the crowd gave her one but then neil gaiman brought hers down and onto the stage. everyone booed so she played the audience one.

also she ran out of wine and neil brought her some.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 1:36 pm

It sounds awesomeeee, you're so lucky you got to see her!

SHE'S SO GREAT AMIRITE.
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

Number of posts : 4220
Name : Stephanie
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:07 pm

URITE
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 7:13 am

not as exciting as amanda palmer

but i went to see malcolm middleton of arab strap last night.

lovely.
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 8:21 pm

Coeur De Pirate!
it was incredible
http://www.myspace.com/coeurdepirate
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 6:29 am

Was front row at Mumford and sons. I spoke to ted, the bassist. Country, the banjoist made eye contact with me a few times and smiled! When they came back at their encore, I made we contact with ted and we exchanged huge cheesy grins!

I was very front row!!!

I got the set list as well which ted and country used which was hand written and drawn and doodled on! The guy put it one the speaker and I grabbed it and one girl tried to get it off me but I wasn't having it. She let go and I yelled "suck it bitch!" in my excitement!! Eep! It made my life tho.

I preordered their album bundle while I was there which shoul come signed as I think I got in their quick enough!!
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 5:39 am

THE SOUNDSS
it was actually like 2 weeks ago just haven't been online very much
opening acts Creature and Foxy Shazam
all were incredible and I left with loads of merch.
1 sounds hoodie, 1 creature tee, 1 foxy shazam tee, all 3 sounds CDs and 1 Creature CD
wowowow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 5:42 am

Quote :
THE SOUNDSS
it was actually like 2 weeks ago just haven't been online very much
opening acts Creature and Foxy Shazam
all were incredible and I left with loads of merch.
1 sounds hoodie, 1 creature tee, 1 foxy shazam tee, all 3 sounds CDs and 1 Creature CD
wowowow

Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 292bhx5
>:/
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 5:49 am

buckbeak you bitch!
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 5:49 am

U BETTER B NICE OR I WONT SAVE U A SEAAAAATTT
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 3:05 pm

Saw U2 the other night. They were pretty good, though they definitely aren't my favorite band ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 3:53 pm

OH NO PLZ CONTINUE TO SAVE ME A SEAT.
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 9:26 pm

okai.
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 10:13 pm

just saw mika! ahhh sooooooooooooo good.
Back to top Go down
Larlelar

Larlelar

Number of posts : 878
Name : Alanna
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 4:19 pm

So I don't think anybody here cares about Frank Turner,
but I HAVE THE MOST AMAZING STORY FFFFFFFFF.

sssooooo I was SUPER EXCITED for to see Frank Turner last month and Jacob did that thing that HE ALWAYS DOES where we were SUPER LATE to the show because he dicked around and it wasn't important to him. Harumph.

SO, turns out that Mr. Turner opened an I missed his performance.

I ALMOST CRIED SO BAD.

So Jacob continued to be a dick the whole night and screamed at me for ridiculous, stupid reasons and I was like "WHATEVER PLZ LET ME ENJOY THESE OTHER BANDS OKAY" and he eventually stormed off to wait in the car and I enjoyed the rest of the show with my roommate Sam.

Murder by Death was ssssoooooo gooooooddddd.

ANYWAYS!!! When the whole show was over I went to get a MBD t-shirt and noticed that Mr. Turner himself was selling his merch, so I was like "Holy shit I may have missed him play but I will talk to him anyway aaahhh!!"

So I buy a shirt from him quick and he is DRUNK AS PISS and super sweet (possibly flirty? hard to tell when things are so slurred) to me. So, I take a chance and am like "SO I CAME HERE TO SEE YOU but I was late and missed your performance and it is the saddest thing ever."

As I told him that he made a little heart on his chest with his fingers and then "broke" it.

Some other people started trying to talk to him and he just kept his eyes on me and held his hands out going "Hold on, hold on, wait wait."

He asked me some questions, if I lived in town and if there was a parking lot outside (though I'd never heard it called a car park before so I was confused as shit). Then he looks at his phone and is like, "It's eleven o'lock. Go outside and wait. If I'm not out in twenty minutes, go home. But I will be out. And I am going to play some guitar for you."

aaaannnnd then Frank Turner played me a drunken mini show in the parking lot!!!! Aaaahhhh!!!! Like fifteen other people showed up, there was free beer and he ended the night with a cover of Dancing Queen to which he demanded everyone sing along.

It was the best thing that's ever happened ever. Hahaha.
<3
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 7:23 pm

thats a fantastic story lmfao

Silversun Pickups were so wonderful on Tuesday, wow. Opening were An Horse (very cute) and Cage the Elephant (INCREDIBLE!!)
so I went to see a little band called Metric on saturday...
THEY ROCKED MY FACE OFFF AAAAAAAHHH and the Stills were great too, and they played my jam, Love & Death! I wish they'd have played Alison Krausse though
it was so cute their parents were in the vip section! yay local bands
Back to top Go down
GinaELIZABETH

GinaELIZABETH

Number of posts : 3116
Name : Gina
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:30 pm

I LOVE CAGE THE ELEPHANT.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/onebyonexo
kaylalane

kaylalane

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 11:39 pm

Haha Alanna that's amazing. You'll remember that forever!
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 4:42 pm

gee if you haven't seen them live, you really need to whenever they're in town
they're ridiculously good
Back to top Go down
Larlelar

Larlelar

Number of posts : 878
Name : Alanna
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 12:44 pm

uughhh why have my concert-going experiences been so AWESOME?

Went to a sweet folk show last night at this AWESOME saloon in Madison.

Saw Dawes (who I hadn't heard before, but thoroughly enjoyed) and LANGHORNE SLIIIMMM again. Went with my friends Sam and Dan.

Was sufficiently drunk by the time Slim and the War Eagles got on stage. The show was amazing. I danced like a retard. After the show was over, Dan and I talked to Slim for a bit and he was very sweet to us. He signed my shirt and took a drink off of Dan's flask of whiskey hahaha.

AND THENNNNNN when I went out for a smoke and to finish my beer, Jeff Ratner, the bass player for the War Eagles, shared a ciggy butt with me and we talked for a bit. Dan put his cigarette out in my beer and then stole it, so Jeff was like "Hey, that sucks! Lemme get you another drink!" and he took me backstaaaaage! Gave me some whiskey and continued hanging out for a bit. Talked to Slim again, met Malachi (the drummer), and the dude who was playing sax for them that night who lives in Madison. After following Jeff around a bit, he was like, "We still have some work to do, but here's my number... call me later and you're welcome to come hang out with us!"

I was like "FFFFFFF!!!!"

It wound up not happening because it got to be way too late, unfortunately, but hey... I drank backstage with the band, had a fantastic time at the show... aaaand I has Jeff Ratner's number! Rockin'!!
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 2:10 pm

OMG I SAW RISE AGAINST ON SUNDAY NIGHT. AND THURSDAY. RARARARARARARARARARARRARARAAA/

thursday were awesome, ofc.

but. RISE AGAINST. [insert jizz here]

rarararararararar best thing ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 2:13 pm

ninibaby wrote:
thats a fantastic story lmfao

Silversun Pickups were so wonderful on Tuesday, wow. Opening were An Horse (very cute) and Cage the Elephant (INCREDIBLE!!)
so I went to see a little band called Metric on saturday...
THEY ROCKED MY FACE OFFF AAAAAAAHHH and the Stills were great too, and they played my jam, Love & Death! I wish they'd have played Alison Krausse though
it was so cute their parents were in the vip section! yay local bands

dp but

OMG METRIC ARE LOCAL TO YOU?
AS IN, SO SUCCEXY?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 7:19 pm

does it count im working at the gary numan gig in edinburgh on thursday?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent concerts you've been to??   Recent concerts you've been to?? - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Recent concerts you've been to??
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Entertainment :: Music-
Jump to: