The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I like to stencil!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

I like to stencil! Empty
PostSubject: I like to stencil!   I like to stencil! EmptySat Jun 23, 2007 12:44 pm

Alright. I've been attempting stencils for a while now and this is the only one I'm really proud of at this point. I got the stencil from StencilPunks, and it's the logo for The Disasters. I like it! Rolling Eyes

I like to stencil! 000_3943
Back to top Go down
cheerios

I like to stencil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like to stencil!   I like to stencil! EmptySat Jun 23, 2007 2:51 pm

That's really awesome! Nice new pic btw. Wink
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

Number of posts : 1647
Name : Alexa.
Registration date : 2007-04-15

I like to stencil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like to stencil!   I like to stencil! EmptySat Jun 23, 2007 4:37 pm

i agree!
that's awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alexisastar

I like to stencil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like to stencil!   I like to stencil! EmptySat Jun 23, 2007 8:26 pm

Thank you! (and a special thanks to you, Cheerios for saying I have a nice pic). Does anybody know if acrilic paint is ok to wash? I would hate to have my shirt stink haha!
Back to top Go down

I like to stencil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like to stencil!   I like to stencil! EmptySat Jun 23, 2007 11:23 pm

thats so cool!
i wanna do that now!
Back to top Go down

I like to stencil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like to stencil!   I like to stencil! EmptySun Jun 24, 2007 7:58 am

You should go to stencipunks.mattrunningnaked.com ! They have a TON of stencils and you just cut them out and paint! FUN tehehe
Back to top Go down

I like to stencil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like to stencil!   I like to stencil! EmptySun Jun 24, 2007 11:45 am

haha i just went there
theres so many :[
i cant decide haha
Back to top Go down

I like to stencil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like to stencil!   I like to stencil! EmptySun Jun 24, 2007 4:26 pm

haha.
I love that site.
I would like to marry it and have it's child.
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

I like to stencil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like to stencil!   I like to stencil! EmptySun Jun 24, 2007 6:09 pm

i want one with rancid but they don't seem to have one..
but yey for rise against! <3
Back to top Go down

I like to stencil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like to stencil!   I like to stencil! EmptySun Jun 24, 2007 8:03 pm

yay! Another punk rocker!

We need to get some threads going in the music section!

To find Rancid stencils, go to the "ALL TEXT" and go down to ska stencils. There's some down there.
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

I like to stencil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like to stencil!   I like to stencil! EmptySun Jun 24, 2007 9:59 pm

Quote :
To find Rancid stencils, go to the "ALL TEXT" and go down to ska stencils. There's some down there.
Thank you!!
: D
a lot!
Back to top Go down
pedestri

I like to stencil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like to stencil!   I like to stencil! EmptySun Jun 24, 2007 11:13 pm

oh man, i found this great stencil a while back, but i dont remember where i got it. i want to make a tote purse and put it on the side.

here it is:

I like to stencil! 38-jpg10
Back to top Go down

I like to stencil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like to stencil!   I like to stencil! EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 12:20 pm

haha! You should make it! I would love to see the finished product!
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa
Registration date : 2007-03-28

I like to stencil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like to stencil!   I like to stencil! EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 12:23 pm

It should say somewhere on the bottle if your acrylic is washable.. You might want to invest in fabric paint, too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com

I like to stencil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like to stencil!   I like to stencil! EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 12:42 pm

The paint says it's safe to use on fabric, but I don't know if that means I can wash it or not.
Back to top Go down
pedestri

I like to stencil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like to stencil!   I like to stencil! EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 1:01 pm

i really really want to make it, but i have no idea how to cut out the stencil so it doesnt fall apart, you know? i think if i were to do it, i'd leave out the feminist symbol- it seems a little excessive.
Back to top Go down

I like to stencil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like to stencil!   I like to stencil! EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 1:04 pm

Cranberry_Juice wrote:
The paint says it's safe to use on fabric, but I don't know if that means I can wash it or not.

Put some on a piece of scrap fabric and wash that and see what happens:)
Back to top Go down

I like to stencil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like to stencil!   I like to stencil! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 8:49 pm

EEE!! I'm so great at this stuff : ] well, at answering things about it. lol. I just read alot.

ANYWAYS.

Fabric paint, I use Tulip, works WELL, andd you don't have to put 9827398 layers, usually.

If you use acrylic, it'll start cracking after a couple washes, so get some mixing medium, and put two parts paint, one part medium, that'll keep it from cracking.

hmmm, if you {or anyone else} wants to ask something, just go ahead : ]

Sorry if there's a pro out here and I said something wrong, haha, but I've been into this stuff for years. : D
Back to top Go down

I like to stencil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like to stencil!   I like to stencil! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 8:49 pm

Oh, and Rachel, if you're saying what I think you are, then use islands to keep it from falling apart. : ]
Back to top Go down
pedestri

I like to stencil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like to stencil!   I like to stencil! EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 8:59 pm

islands? explain!!!
Back to top Go down

I like to stencil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like to stencil!   I like to stencil! EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 12:13 pm

well...you actually might want to get a fabric medium to mix with your acrylic next time

you might also try heat setting the design before you wash it

i've had experience with acrylic staying forever
and acrylic washing out which is ironic because it washed out when i wanted it to stay and stayed when i expected it to wash out
Back to top Go down

I like to stencil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like to stencil!   I like to stencil! EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 9:42 pm

Islands are just connecting the little white parts inside of things to the outside of the black parts, if that made sense??, so the little white parts don't fall out.

likeee:::: if you're doing the letter O, you'd leave a part of the outline there it doesnt come out looking like a giant spot : ]

man, i suckk at explaining those things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I like to stencil! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like to stencil!   I like to stencil! Empty

Back to top Go down

I like to stencil!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Arts & Crafts :: Crafts-
Jump to: