The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Site Makeover?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

Site Makeover? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2007 6:25 pm

i dunno...i kinda feel a bit wierd about it...i dont wanna be like "em excuse me but you had nothing to do with the forum so can you please change it?" which I know is what I should say really...but idk I just feel a bit wierd. I don't wanna sound like a bitch and stuff.

Hmmm, I know what I wanna say but I can't phrase it right. It's like...yeh I did make a sort of mirror image of what she had made...and it has her name (or her old name...as she doesnt make clothes or do tutorials as limecrime anymore) but you're right in that she had nothing to do with it...
but I kinda think, if I say "oh hey can you change what it says because you have nothing to do with it" she could go "well you're using my name and have copied all my stuff" sort of thing.

Gah it pisses me off. Especially as a bunch of people might see that and come here expecting Xenia and stuff and are like "who the fuck is this Kiki?!" Razz

Hmmm...how bout, I'm a chicken and pretend I havent seen it or said anything...and all you wee concerned and loving members can send her complaint emails?! Razz sounds like a plan! ;]
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
pedestri

PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2007 7:11 pm

ahaha, kiki. that sounds like a good plan to me. i know that on a forum that one of my friends made, he created it so that no one can post unless the account is approved by a mod. now, that could be a lot of work, but its a damn good way to keep the spambots from posting. plus, this would mean that anyone who signs up would have to correspond a little with you or another admin, and they would probably understand a little quicker that they'll be deleted if they dont post.

BUUUT i do have to say one thing, and that is that because we are so clannish here, a few people might be afraid to post. i know that happened to me on the old LC (yes, mandy and i were on it, just probably not all that active). i was like "oh noes, i dont want to post because they all know each other so well and what if they dont want me here?" anyone who signs up will probably begin by reading a lot of threads so they can get a feel for the place, and if every time they read a thread, it is "we dont want any new members" they might not want to post. just a thought.

honestly, with the "new members" thing, i dont feel like we've had any sort of problem with obnoxious people joining, spamming us up, or generally being stupid. i mean, i think everyone who's joined has been generally helpful and nice, so maybe new members arent such a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2007 7:19 pm

i dont think they are a bad thing. i welcome them...so long as they post.

ive felt like that on forums but i think once you find one post you think "oh i can answer on that!" you sort of ease into it and feel a bit better.

WE DONT BITE!

I think the first idea is good...but its a lot of hassel when we dont have spam...if we started getting it, I'd definately do something like that.
Back to top Go down
pedestri

PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2007 7:43 pm

yeah, it would be a hassle. it worked well with our forum because it was exclusively people we know. buuut if worse comes to worse...

and yeh, it is easier to get into it once you've made that first post
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2007 6:28 am

I know what you mean rachel. On the old lc it was hard for me to post when i first joined too, cause everyone had a thing, like the makeup girls and the advice girls and i just felt....excluded and bleh. But again, thats the paranoia. Now it's like one big happy family Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2007 6:32 am

I never felt like that.
I was like I DON'T KNOW THESE PEOPLE SO I'M JUST GONNA BE MYSELF AND IF THEY JUDGE ME WELL THERE'S NO HARM DONE.

And yeeeeeeah Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2007 5:14 pm

I was the same with the old forum. I lurked for AGES. And then there were sooo many pretty, amazing girls on the makeup forum like... Mandaling, and obviously Poetic and Disco who are on this one too. But it scared the hell out of me, even though everyone was really nice.

It was easier here because there were only a few really active members, and I guess I didn't feel like a total noob. Heh, I think I've probably had more posts on this forum than I ever did on the last one, in the six or so months I was there (before I got banned Razz).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2007 1:36 am

I was a little freaked too but then I realized everyone here is quite nice and won't bite my head off.
And Kiki, you should stand up for your hard work and the credit you deserve even if it means changing the colours...they're just colours right? *hides under table*
...and I keep wanting to call you Keekers Squeakers. Dunno why.
But I won't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2007 2:02 am

She can take credit for all her hard work while still keeping the colours.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2007 6:34 am

lol Keekers Squeakers is fine by me Razz
ill answer to anything so long as its not mean :[

grrr i just went to read it again and it made me angry Razz but i still dont wanna cause a fuss! rawrness and such.
and its not the colours im worried about, she doesnt own colours! its more this uses her name and she could use that or something. god she probably wouldnt mind but still Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2007 10:24 am

you're right, and i like the colours. maybe you could just ask her to give you credit where it has the "yay new forum!" bit, like..."yay new forum! thanks to kiki! im eternally in debt!" or something.
Back to top Go down
pedestri

PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2007 12:36 pm

yeah, i dont think that would be too much of a problem, but it would probably still be hard to ask and not have it sound rude.

i'd be okay with a name change...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2007 12:41 pm

Orangecrime? Olivecrime? Kikicrime? I dunno...Limecrime is so...perfect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2007 5:13 pm

And I'd be happy to write her a pm or something just siting maybe give Kiki some credit if you'd like. I don't want her to come here and read this and take anything out on you which is why I ask. It really doesn't matter how she feels towards me...so yeah.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2007 5:39 pm

teehee i like kikicrime Razz i think i said that one! it amused me.
i would call it that if you ladies agreed Razz hahaha

and..you can if you like Razz i honestly dont know. i dont think shes on here often so..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Site Makeover?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Important Subjects :: Suggestions-
Jump to: