The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's In Your Kit?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

What's In Your Kit? Empty
PostSubject: What's In Your Kit?   What's In Your Kit? EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 3:14 pm

Official thread for showing off what you've bought for your kit: makeup, brushes, containers and more!
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

Number of posts : 1634
Name : Megan, Meggles
Registration date : 2007-04-25

PostSubject: Re: What's In Your Kit?   What's In Your Kit? EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:22 am

ohhh good thread idea! I will try to get a picture of it (i mean i could just get one off sephora's website) but i bought the Lorac Pro Palette for my kit, seeing as it's got lots of mattes and some shimmery ones too. You said you wouldn't mind having it in your kit and i think that's what pushed me over the edge to get it. so yeah! it should be getting delivered today!

What's In Your Kit? M2180002
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: What's In Your Kit?   What's In Your Kit? EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 2:14 pm

Aww yay! Let me know how you like it when it arrives.

I ended up depotting both of my Naked palettes for my kit. I never used them, but I sanitized them with alcohol anyway. Now all I need are some Z Palettes to put everything in!

I plan on getting the BEN NYE Essentials Palette to round out my collection of neutrals, and a few YABY palettes for colour. I can't wait to get some CARGO stuff as well!
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

Number of posts : 1647
Name : Alexa.
Registration date : 2007-04-15

PostSubject: Re: What's In Your Kit?   What's In Your Kit? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:53 pm

I wanna start a kit so badly but I'm going to hair school and that's my top priority right now.
I could post my hair kit when I get it, and then post the products I'm planning on upgrading in it. (if that's cool with you gals?)

But for now I'm just waiting to get my kit.

I heard a lot of great things about Lorac palettes, though! I hope you like it. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alexisastar
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: What's In Your Kit?   What's In Your Kit? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:58 pm

Hair products are welcome here! A kit is a kit is a kit Smile

EDIT 04/18: Technically, I didn't buy anything...but this still kinda counts!

I made a really simple brush cleanser that works even better than the MAC version. Just 2 cups distilled water, 1/2 cup alcohol, and 1 tbsp dish soap or detoxifying shampoo. I just tested it on my own brushes and I am floored. Quick and easy with no residue. I planned on buying Parian Spirit, but I think I may stick with this!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: What's In Your Kit?   What's In Your Kit? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 1:21 am

I got containers for my kit!

The square one will be for foundations. The round one for concealers. I got 2 of each! Smile

The big box will be for mascaras and eyeliners.

I bought Voluminous Carbon Black in waterproof. The one in the silvery blue tube is Lash Doubling mascara from Clinique.

I got the Maybelline makeup remover based on a rec from Yisell Santos (see: her fav drugstore products.) I recommend reading every post on her site - her post on the MUFE flash palette was the post to convince me I actually did need it. Smile

In two weeks, I'm getting a few Z Palettes to contain this mess. I call this organized chaos.
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

PostSubject: Re: What's In Your Kit?   What's In Your Kit? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 2:02 pm

*drooling over all the shadows*
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: What's In Your Kit?   What's In Your Kit? EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 1:37 am

That's a lot of clinique, urban decay and some sedona lace. once I get ben nye and yaby shadows, I'm going to take most (if not all) of the sedona shadows out of my kit.
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

PostSubject: Re: What's In Your Kit?   What's In Your Kit? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:33 pm

ooooh ben nye! i loved working with those shadows when i did theatrical makeup for my highschool. we've got a shop around here that sells that brand and lots of other stage makeup, i should really go and pick up some stuff. i kind of forgot about it since i don't work there anymore! thanks for the reminder!

i snagged a full size bottle of UD's All Nighter setting spray a few days ago for $14 since it was in their sale section on their site. I am thinking about making another order and grabbing DeSlick in a Tube too, since oil/shine is a problem with a lot of people. Anybody ever use it?
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: What's In Your Kit?   What's In Your Kit? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:59 pm

that's how I got introduced to ben nye too! I have such a soft spot for stage brands. they have some great palettes available! the YABY ones seem a bit pricey but I've heard of mua's carrying just one YABY palette to a gig and its all they need!

I have used the UD De-Slick powder (which I hate to love), but not the mattifier. I imagine it would be like any other dimethecone product: MAC matte creme, CARGO blu ray mattifier...you'd be better off getting something cheaper, I think.
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

PostSubject: Re: What's In Your Kit?   What's In Your Kit? EmptyMon May 13, 2013 1:01 pm

I'm doing this off the top of my head so I may be forgetting some things, but here we go.

rusk straightener, rusk hairdryer, babyliss 3/4 curling iron, babyliss pointed iron, c2 curling iron, babyliss clippers, oliva garden scissors & shears, 1/2 bobby pins, jaw clips, curl pins, perm papers, timer, wet and dry capes, apron, 5 different combs, 4 different brushes, mirror, tinting brush, mixing bowl, razor, razor blades, 4 manikins (i thought there was a q in manikin but spell check is telling me theres not? confused2) aaaand gloves. I feel like there's more but I'm just not thinking of it right now.

I also picked up a spray bottle, 20 developer and a few odd colours just to have on hand.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: What's In Your Kit?   What's In Your Kit? EmptyMon May 13, 2013 3:56 pm

you're right! mannequin and manikin are both the right spellings! I'm used to mannequin like you are, haha.

ooo I hear babyliss is really good, especially their hair dryers. how do you like the curling iron?
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: What's In Your Kit?   What's In Your Kit? EmptySun May 19, 2013 6:24 pm

A pic of my set up at my wedding!

The small black palette is lipstick. The first black palette is all clinique eyeshadow. The second is all UD, aside from 2 MAC shadows. The 3rd is all lafemme blush aside from 2 MAC. The last one is covered by 3 cinema secrets palettes, but its a Mehron foundation palette.

Helpful tip...if you get hired to stay after the ceremony to touch up faces for photos....GET A SET BAG.

We were outside in unbearable heat. I completely forgot to bring an extra bag to hold powders, brushes, brush cleaner, paper towels, and lip product. My assistant and I had to carry everything in our pockets!

ALSO...I was stupid and only brought loose powder with me. Hard to carry! Makes a mess! Don't be like me!
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

PostSubject: Re: What's In Your Kit?   What's In Your Kit? EmptyMon May 20, 2013 2:53 pm

ugh soooo much perfect-ness. what sort of case do you have to carry everything?
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: What's In Your Kit?   What's In Your Kit? EmptyMon May 20, 2013 8:46 pm

for now I'm just using a regular old suitcase on wheels. I plan on getting a zuca though. it'll be easier to organize things where I need them to be. I'm going to get a clear tote with pockets, too, for really small gigs or as a set bag.

yell at me if I forget to post about cases again!
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

PostSubject: Re: What's In Your Kit?   What's In Your Kit? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 8:22 am

great set up, Puff! looks real professional. did you have a great time?

babyliss is really wonderful. I love the curling irons and use them all the time.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: What's In Your Kit?   What's In Your Kit? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 8:04 pm

I did! the only one that gave me trouble was mom, she threw us off schedule. she was the ONLY one that complained about her makeup. but when you think about it, 1 out of 10 ain't bad! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's In Your Kit?   What's In Your Kit? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's In Your Kit?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Glam Yourself Up! :: Shopping-
Jump to: