The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I want to look less cute :/

Go down 
+4
xxmissyxx
ninibaby
Staceball
girloflowers
8 posters
AuthorMessage
girloflowers

girloflowers

Number of posts : 1510
Name : Lily
Registration date : 2008-11-05

I want to look less cute :/ Empty
PostSubject: I want to look less cute :/   I want to look less cute :/ EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 4:55 am

People keep saying i'm "so cute" and stuff like that and i'm sick of it. I'm nearly 20 years old and the last thing i feel like looking is cute.

Can you girls help me out with some styling tips? I don't want to look 'hardcore' or punk or anything, just more.. adult/severe if you know what i mean?
Back to top Go down
Staceball

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2010-04-08

PostSubject: Re: I want to look less cute :/   I want to look less cute :/ EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 6:50 am

Last edited by Staceball on Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

Number of posts : 4220
Name : Stephanie
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: I want to look less cute :/   I want to look less cute :/ EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 10:22 pm

i think you're pretty sexy, does that help? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xxmissyxx

xxmissyxx

Number of posts : 658
Name : Tarren
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: I want to look less cute :/   I want to look less cute :/ EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 2:13 am

I agree with Nini. Lil, you are freaking sexy, and you have that sort of sophisticated old skool glamour about it.
Back to top Go down
Bianca

Bianca

Number of posts : 625
Name : Bianca
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: I want to look less cute :/   I want to look less cute :/ EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 7:16 am

Sorry I don't really have any advice to add Lil, but I just wanted to say, I feel exactly the same. I think its really nice and sweet being called cute, but sometimes you'd like it to be substituted for gorgeous or beautiful. You're not alone!
Back to top Go down
http://www.biancapol.blogspot.com
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: I want to look less cute :/   I want to look less cute :/ EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 3:38 pm

I say you ignore what people say and keep doing what you're doing. I believe someone can be cute AND sexy at the same time.
Back to top Go down
girloflowers

girloflowers

Number of posts : 1510
Name : Lily
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: I want to look less cute :/   I want to look less cute :/ EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 3:43 pm

awr you guys are so nice to me Smile

It's not so much that i want to look sexy... its more like.. i dunno, i don't want people to think i'm still a highschooler x.x (i have nothng against highschoolers, just so you know, i just don't enjoy people thinking im 17 when im not ahaha)

i'm pretty darn tall so I know people aren't calling me cute cos im short, but i guess i could play down the size of my eyes a bit with some eyeliner
Back to top Go down
cherrybomb

cherrybomb

Number of posts : 2443
Name : Jasmin, Mini
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: I want to look less cute :/   I want to look less cute :/ EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:46 am

kaylalane wrote:
I say you ignore what people say and keep doing what you're doing. I believe someone can be cute AND sexy at the same time.

Totaly agreed!
Lil I'm almost 24 and people tell me how cute I am. People think I'm 16 or 17. It just doesn't bother me anymore because I know that when I want to be sexy I can be sexy. Don't listen to what they say and be yourself!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/knallkirsche
ninibaby

ninibaby

Number of posts : 4220
Name : Stephanie
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: I want to look less cute :/   I want to look less cute :/ EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Besides, I don't think people would just lightly tell you look sexy in regular conversation. people say you look cute so you dont think they're being too forward or they dont want to make you uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
Snowy

Number of posts : 23
Name : Solveig
Registration date : 2010-07-01

PostSubject: Re: I want to look less cute :/   I want to look less cute :/ EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 5:20 am

I agree with all of the above. And as for fashion advice:
Try tailored stuff, like blouses, buttondowns, shirtdresses, etc.
Dark denim always looks more grown-up than light.
Try to wear "good" materials such as silk, cotton, linen, cashmere, etc. for tops, real leather for shoes and bags.
If you can´t afford real leather shoes, go for "fake" patent leather and pair with a simple dark skinny jeans and white cotton shirt.
Wear boold statement-jewellery and dont be afraid to pair it with classic pieces such als a gold or pearl necklace.
Wear classic hats. If you do bold makeup, wear a classic, basic outfit. If you wear bold colours make sure the garnment has a classic, simple cut.

I put together some outfits for you, just to illustrate what I´m talking about: (mind you, that´s just how I would wear it and I don´t mean to be patronizing in any way. I think you look more than good as it is ;-)) And obviously nobody can afford the designer stuff, but theres similar stuff in any old highstreet-store.

I want to look less cute :/ 1vtx

I want to look less cute :/ 16c9tgw

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want to look less cute :/   I want to look less cute :/ Empty

Back to top Go down

I want to look less cute :/
Page 1 of 1