The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

eee just booked a MAC makeover!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

eee just booked a MAC makeover! Empty
PostSubject: eee just booked a MAC makeover!   eee just booked a MAC makeover! EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:41 am

So, living in the sticks, i've never so much as touched mac... so for my birthday, my mum is taking me to plymouth for a MAC makeover and to get me some things =D

It's booked for May 10th... admittedly a while after my birthda (23rd April) but im on holiday until the weekend of the 25th so it's the closest after that i have off.

Anyway, i was just wondering if any of you that have had one could tell me what they're like and what sort of things you think i should ask? I don't know what they're like at all or anything so i'm just looking for some advice...

SO EXCITED.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: eee just booked a MAC makeover!   eee just booked a MAC makeover! EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 3:38 pm

ohhhh you definitely have to check out the eyeshadows, lippies, blushes and all the colourful things!!

i havent had one myself... but i would probably ask them to colour match me (to make sure i was wearing the right colour or so i know what to go for if i want to buy foundation or concealer online) and if there was a look i was particularly loving at the moment - like right now im really into english rose skin, soft soft pinky peach blush, nude lip and heavy black liner - i would ask them to recreate that on me and show me some tricks!

also any random questions about products youre not sold on, like i dont really get the natural mineralize skinfinishes so i would ask them what they're for... and any practical that you might need help with like eyeliner smudging or whatever.

but dont worry! the mac artists near me are mostly really really lovely, and super chatty and friendly. so you'll be fine!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: eee just booked a MAC makeover!   eee just booked a MAC makeover! EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 4:38 pm

I think you'd really like the face and body foundation. and the MSFNs are my fav powders on the face of the earth. if you can find a perfect match I'd recommend that for you too.

generally mac artists here are super sweet and REALLY helpful. my last visit, the artist went out of her way to find Bamboom Paint for me. she spent almost 10 minutes searching, and she found the last one for me. she gave me advice on the blot powder too.

bad thing: the lighting at the MAC here sucks...she told me blot powder in dark would match me, but it had a bit of tint and looked grey on me when I got home. Medium Deep was better. so if you don't think something will match...SPEAK UP! Smile
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: eee just booked a MAC makeover!   eee just booked a MAC makeover! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:31 pm

^ Good advice on the lighting. For some reason it's always a little off in MAC stores/counters. Ask to see it outside if you want foundation matched, they should have a little hand mirror :3

Other than that... Just go in and see what you like! The artists there are usually pretty good at reccing things you'll like if you have a decent idea of what you want.
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: eee just booked a MAC makeover!   eee just booked a MAC makeover! EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 2:45 pm

ah cool thank you!
im a little worried about asking about foundation as it's just after i go on holiday... so i'll probably be alot darker than usual. but then i guess if i explain that itll be ok?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: eee just booked a MAC makeover!   eee just booked a MAC makeover! Empty

Back to top Go down

eee just booked a MAC makeover!
Page 1 of 1