The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kat Von D Palettes

Go down 
+3
gill
kaylalane
abercrombie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Kat Von D Palettes Empty
PostSubject: Kat Von D Palettes   Kat Von D Palettes EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:23 am

Has anybody used these or had a play with them in sephora?

Kat Von D Palettes Kat-von-d-sephora

We can't get them in the UK but I found a Ludwig one (the one in the pic!) on ebay for £35 - about $60 with the shitty exchange rate - and I am really tempted! Bbbuuttt I don't wana splash out if they suck... obviously!!

So has anybody tried them out and if so, what did you think? I use mostly MAC shadows/pigments so any comparisons to those would be great if you got 'em.

Last edited by abercrombie on Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

Kat Von D Palettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kat Von D Palettes   Kat Von D Palettes EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 10:35 am

I've sampled them whilst in Sephora- they're nice, but I don't think they're worth paying $60 for. The colors are really not that special, though I'm really not the best makeup critic either.
Back to top Go down

Kat Von D Palettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kat Von D Palettes   Kat Von D Palettes EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:25 pm

I have the True romance palette. Like Kayla said, the shades themselves aren't spectacular. However I do enjoy them, they're highly pigmented, and they blend nicely. But i'm not sure 60 bucks is really wort it.
Back to top Go down
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Kat Von D Palettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kat Von D Palettes   Kat Von D Palettes EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:31 pm

Ooooh. Want.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-
ninibaby

ninibaby

Number of posts : 4220
Name : Stephanie
Registration date : 2007-11-06

Kat Von D Palettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kat Von D Palettes   Kat Von D Palettes EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 11:44 pm

I think $60 is pretty good for like 10 shadows..
and those are colours you will use a lot, it looks like a great palette
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

Kat Von D Palettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kat Von D Palettes   Kat Von D Palettes EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 3:31 am

$60? Wow. They're only $34 here...there's 8 shadows in each palette.

Based on the reviews I've seen on Sephora.com, Specktra, etc they're very much worth it, and the quality is much better than everyone expected them to be. They also have a gloss set that may be worth checking out. Smile

Ludwig is one of those palettes you could use any day of the week, and after reading reviews and seeing pics/swatches, I'd say get it - but only if you're willing to spend that extra $30. x___x

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P211635&categoryId=C18697

(reviews on bottom of page)
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Kat Von D Palettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kat Von D Palettes   Kat Von D Palettes EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 4:03 pm

ohhh mixed reviews!! i like it Wink

it sounds like the quality is okay then! thats the main thing i was worried about because celeb endorsed/designed stuff always tend to come out crappy - but this doesnt seem to be so yay!!

thanks for the review link puff - everyone seems to be seriously raving about them so it might be worth a try, i wish sephora shipped internationally because all the other colours are so pretty too! and right now smokey neutrals are what im into so it seems like a winner!

ohhhhh this is amazing too!!
http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P251307&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5905
seriously makeup is so much bigger in the usa than it is over here! we get like 10% off in sales, max, grr!

i agree $60 is a lot though, but i guess over here mac is a ton more too - like the holiday pigment sets are £27 ($45) when you guys only have to pay $32.50. ssoo unfair!!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

Kat Von D Palettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kat Von D Palettes   Kat Von D Palettes EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 5:23 pm

We do love our makeup here, haha. Most folks aren't willing to spend lots at places like Sephora or Ulta...hell Shayne wouldn't even buy wal mart makeup, she'd steal everything ("I'm not about to pay a whole SEVEN DOLLARS for a MASCARA, Sarbear!"). Goddamn cheapo.

Anyhow! As long as you think it'll be a good addition to your makeup wardrobe and you can't find it cheaper anywhere else, then give it a shot Smile

But seriously try to find it at a cheaper price if you can cos the price makes my heart hurt ;-;
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

Number of posts : 4220
Name : Stephanie
Registration date : 2007-11-06

Kat Von D Palettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kat Von D Palettes   Kat Von D Palettes EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 4:12 pm

So I got the True Romance Beethoven palette about a month ago and it's really great.
I don't regret it at all.

MY only Kat Von D regret was the concealer, and that's only because the shade I chose (sand) was a tad too dark.

Has anyone tried her eyeliner pen?
Back to top Go down
karoczek

karoczek

Number of posts : 14
Name : Karina
Registration date : 2010-09-05

Kat Von D Palettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kat Von D Palettes   Kat Von D Palettes EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:02 pm

I have 3 Kat Von D palletes so I guess I like them. I have Beethoven, Metal Orchestra & Love & Fury which is the new one with the red art work & so far it's my favorite. I use it a lot, especially the plum color with glitter in it ( i can't remember the name).
Also I like the black liquid eyeliner. I usualy buy the Urban Decay "Perversion" but I gave the Kat Von D one a try & it's pretty good & easy to work with.
Oh and I have one eyeshadow duo which i got on sale for $10, i think it's called "Moonshine" but it really sucks. The Sephora website has them all for $10 right now...probably cause they are kind of crappy.
But overall if not for the awesome artwork I think the quality of the product is average & it's pretty much similar to the Sephora brand.
Back to top Go down
http://go.to/makeupbykarina
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

Kat Von D Palettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kat Von D Palettes   Kat Von D Palettes EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 7:35 pm

My mama brought me a palette liquid eyeliner and the tattoo eyeliner.

Not tried them yet. But I love love love the packaging!
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Kat Von D Palettes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kat Von D Palettes   Kat Von D Palettes Empty

Back to top Go down

Kat Von D Palettes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Glam Yourself Up! :: Makeup & Beauty-
Jump to: