The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

prom hair/makeup help!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

prom hair/makeup help!! Empty
PostSubject: prom hair/makeup help!!   prom hair/makeup help!! EmptyTue May 15, 2007 2:17 pm

AHHHG. my prom is THIS FRIDAY. i have a really cute dress you can see it here :
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2909406/0~2376780~6009391~6009098~6009101~6009112?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6009112&P=3

so... i'm no where near as skinny as that model. lol. i kind of fill out the dress (i have boobs that that girl doesn't!)
anyway, my hair is kind of long now, like 3 inches below my shoulders. i'm getting it cut before prom (not too much, just a trim, really). how should i wear my hair? up, down and blown straight?
Prom at my school isn't really that big a deal (hence, a simple, classic dress with a funky print. god bless diane von furstenberg!)
i'm wearing plain black heels with the dress.
i'm clueless when it comes to makeup. i don't want to look TOO done up, you know? it's a semi-formal evening. thanks for the help! you ladies always look good...please help me not look dumb at my senior prom!!!
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: prom hair/makeup help!!   prom hair/makeup help!! EmptyTue May 15, 2007 2:24 pm

I'd probably wear your makeup like she is...just a little bit of eyeliner and smokey eyes with a kind of pinky red on your lips. If you had that little splash of colour on your lips, it would totally stand out as it's the only colour and you could match your finger nails. Or even a little item of jewellery, maybe a necklace with a pinky pendant (like a stone or something) that would sit because your neck is quite exposed and such.

I'd say keep your hair pretty simple too...I like how hers is as well actually. Is your hair layered? With like a fringe/bangs? Because you could maybe wear your hair in a sort of...not totally scruffy, but kinda of sexy scruffy with bits down on your face, framing it. I think that would look really cute, because it's not too fussy but still quite cute.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I think that would be really cute with the dress.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: prom hair/makeup help!!   prom hair/makeup help!! EmptyTue May 15, 2007 2:29 pm

well, since its a simple black and white print, you could go with shimmery browns [try shimmering sands by covergirl] or some shimmery pinks [by bonnebell]. a little dab of sheer, pink blush over a little foundation, a swipe of black mascara, and a pale pink lip, and MAYBE a little powder to set the foundation, if you want to be a little done up.

I say browns and pinks, becuase theyre universal colours that look good on all skin tones, depending on the shade.

you could wear your hair up, but I would suggest maybe wearing it down, with some loose, wavy curls? almost Katie Holmes or Jessica Simpson-esque. and maybe some nice earrings or a long necklace, to balance out the neckline of the dress! :]]

and damn it kiki...you posted your reply when I was typin mine, I'll get yah one day! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: prom hair/makeup help!!   prom hair/makeup help!! EmptyTue May 15, 2007 2:33 pm

i didn't even think about jewelery!!!
i have side swept bangs and a few layers, but they're long enough that they'd be up if i pulled back my hair.

this is sad... i dont know how to do a smokey eye. or anything like it. i can put on mascara...and that's about it. i'm afraid i'll look like a racoon!!!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: prom hair/makeup help!!   prom hair/makeup help!! EmptyTue May 15, 2007 2:35 pm

mhm, I think that since its just semi formal, a simple eye would do...eh, just read what I posted earlier Razz
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: prom hair/makeup help!!   prom hair/makeup help!! EmptyTue May 15, 2007 2:37 pm

rawwwwwwwr!

what does your hair look like? can we have a pic? because i just think...up...but i dont know what your hair looks like so it might look nice down.
oh but i think if you worn it up in a bun, you could have a huge sexy flower in it which would add a lil bit of colour to the outfit so it wasnt all black and white.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: prom hair/makeup help!!   prom hair/makeup help!! EmptyTue May 15, 2007 2:39 pm

you wouldnt need to necessarily do smokey...just a little bit of eyeliner and mascara...like subtle so that *if* you did do bright lips, it wouldnt make you look like a drag queen with majorly over the top makeup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: prom hair/makeup help!!   prom hair/makeup help!! EmptyTue May 15, 2007 2:44 pm

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img517/7813/jamieandmeatprahaschoolgb8.jpg

i'm the one with the black hair/purple streak. its kind of a bad picture... (obviously not a flattering pose,) but you can see the length. (its a bit longer now ...that was taken in march)
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: prom hair/makeup help!!   prom hair/makeup help!! EmptyTue May 15, 2007 2:48 pm

aw thats purdy...idk I like puffy's sort of wearing it down and all wavy...but I kinda think, you could wear it like that any day. It's like my hair for my ball, I'm wearing loose curls because I ALWAYS wear it straight so you might wanna consider doing something different.
Or a sort of half up like my signature pic...I dont think its as fussy as a full fancy up do but you can loosely curl the down bit or something.

It depends what you'd prefer.

And I dunno much about makeup...I am basically an eyeliner whore but I definately think the way the girl wears it looks hot with the dress...but then im not a fan of pinks and browns...so...I guess it's what you'd prefer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

Number of posts : 1676
Name : Mandy!
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: prom hair/makeup help!!   prom hair/makeup help!! EmptyTue May 15, 2007 3:31 pm

With the smokey eye idea, which Im totally in favor of...if you have a black or gray eyeshadow...put that on close to your lashes and not that far up your eyelid (to the crease maybe?) and then blend it into silver/metallic white. I think that would look pretty nifty.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mandy.berthold
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: prom hair/makeup help!!   prom hair/makeup help!! EmptyTue May 15, 2007 6:25 pm

mm, I thought pink or brown, since the dress is so bold, that the makeup could be simple. Im nerdy like that. plus, Ive read way to many fashion mags/books/sites...*freak*
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

Number of posts : 1676
Name : Mandy!
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: prom hair/makeup help!!   prom hair/makeup help!! EmptyTue May 15, 2007 6:27 pm

Yeah, a really pale pink blended with a brown would look nice too. I suggest playing around with it if you already have the dress and see what you like best.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mandy.berthold

PostSubject: Re: prom hair/makeup help!!   prom hair/makeup help!! EmptyTue May 15, 2007 7:25 pm

Hmm okay so I'm supposed to be studying so I didn't really read anybody's replies BUT I LOVE THE DRESSS!!!
I think your hair would look nice just worn down in sorta loose but structured waves. And I think some pale sorta pinky makeup would be really sweet.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: prom hair/makeup help!!   prom hair/makeup help!! EmptyTue May 15, 2007 7:35 pm

AHAHA, thats so what I said.
I rule! ^.^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: prom hair/makeup help!!   prom hair/makeup help!! Empty

Back to top Go down

prom hair/makeup help!!
Page 1 of 1