The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First patchwork contribution by a sewing virgin.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
psychedelic_

Number of posts : 347
Name : Mary-Ann
Registration date : 2008-11-03

First patchwork contribution by a sewing virgin. Empty
PostSubject: First patchwork contribution by a sewing virgin.   First patchwork contribution by a sewing virgin. EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 9:29 am

I just came back from a 5 day seminar/camp which is held yearly to groom pre-university students into leaders of tomorrow. Or something. Anyway, the theme for this year is, surprise surprise, the economic crisis! And we were all forced to design and sew patches to encourage Singaporeans in the downturn. They will be sewn into a huge patchwork to be displayed in public.

This is my maiden attempt at sewing something other than a button, which looks rather dismal, but I hope it's cute enough. It took 4 hours to complete this.

I proudly present you the most boring, unimpressive patch ever:
First patchwork contribution by a sewing virgin. 03062009_001

I'd designed this thinking there would be felt provided, but there wasn't. In fact the materials were pathetic. (Just to give you an idea of what I had to put up with, we had to share 40 strands of embroidery thread between 20 people.) There was originally supposed to be a rainbow instead of a sun, which would've been so much cooler, but I wasn't going to stay up late to embroider one on.

The words were from Yellowcard's Believe.

Tell me what you think about it! I think I'm the only one who enjoyed doing this. There were people in my group who didn't even know what a knot was.
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

First patchwork contribution by a sewing virgin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: First patchwork contribution by a sewing virgin.   First patchwork contribution by a sewing virgin. EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 11:29 am

Aw, thats really cute!
Back to top Go down

First patchwork contribution by a sewing virgin.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Arts & Crafts :: Crafts-
Jump to: