The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Accessorising for Grad.

Go down 
+2
TOONRULESOK
Le_Saboteur
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Accessorising for Grad. Empty
PostSubject: Accessorising for Grad.   Accessorising for Grad. EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 12:26 pm

Okay, so I seriously suck at accessorising.

A few weeks ago I bought a lovely bright royal blue dress for graduation from my make up design course. It looks kind of like the shape of this, only without the frill down the middle and with a bow just on/under the bust, and with straps.

I'm completely stuck on what colour shoes, bag, jewellery I should be wearing though. Any and all suggestions are welcome, as I'm pretty dense when it comes to accessorising.

I'm currently looking at creamy shoes and stuff, but I have no idea if that would look good or not... Should I just go for black?
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Accessorising for Grad.   Accessorising for Grad. EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 1:41 pm

I think maybe silver? i think black woud look too heavy on a bright colour, so maybe silver would look quite cute but could look too formal.. dunno what graduation-dress is meant to be like...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

Number of posts : 1647
Name : Alexa.
Registration date : 2007-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Accessorising for Grad.   Accessorising for Grad. EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 1:43 pm

if you're going to cream coloured shoes, i vote beige jewelery. something that would match with cream, haha. depending on how low it's cut, a longer necklace with a pendant on it would look nice!

if not, goooold! seriously! i'm a sucker for royal blue and gold. or even black and gold if you don't wanna get gold shoes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alexisastar
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Accessorising for Grad.   Accessorising for Grad. EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 5:43 pm

TOONRULESOK wrote:
I think maybe silver? i think black woud look too heavy on a bright colour, so maybe silver would look quite cute but could look too formal.. dunno what graduation-dress is meant to be like...

Just nice, not too formal. Every one from class is dressing up a little, but not going crazy. That's why I was worried about black, too. Thanks Toonie.

Alexa Nightmare. wrote:
if you're going to cream coloured shoes, i vote beige jewelery. something that would match with cream, haha. depending on how low it's cut, a longer necklace with a pendant on it would look nice!

if not, goooold! seriously! i'm a sucker for royal blue and gold. or even black and gold if you don't wanna get gold shoes.

Nice ideas, thankyou! I... wouldn't have thought about beigey jewellery. <3
Back to top Go down
GinaELIZABETH

GinaELIZABETH

Number of posts : 3116
Name : Gina
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Accessorising for Grad.   Accessorising for Grad. EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 8:42 pm

I would probably get gold, strappy shoes and similar gold jewelry. Probably a kind of heavy, thick gold chain or something with a pretty charm/pendant.

But royal blue goes BEST with gold. Hands down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/onebyonexo
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Accessorising for Grad.   Accessorising for Grad. EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 11:25 pm

GinaELIZABETH wrote:
I would probably get gold, strappy shoes and similar gold jewelry. Probably a kind of heavy, thick gold chain or something with a pretty charm/pendant.

But royal blue goes BEST with gold. Hands down.

I'll keep an eye out for gold, promise Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Accessorising for Grad.   Accessorising for Grad. EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 3:55 am

Yeh, I'd say gold or silver would be easiest...shoes matching whatever colour of jewellery you pick..

But seen as I'm not a fan of gold or silver I'd wear black myself..unless I found a nice shade of red or light blue that clashed in a cute way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Accessorising for Grad.   Accessorising for Grad. EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 11:41 am

Red clashes really nicely with it Gill (I wore an old pair for bodypainting when I first wore the dress), but I CANNOT FIND RED SHOES. It's ridiculous. That was my first choice because I know it looks amazing, but I guess they're out of fashion here at the moment. If I could that's the way I would go, as I have a few nice red bracelets/necklaces etc.

Maybe I'll get lucky when I finalise my shoe shopping today, we shall see.
Back to top Go down
girloflowers

girloflowers

Number of posts : 1510
Name : Lily
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Accessorising for Grad.   Accessorising for Grad. EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 4:55 pm

what about... PINK...?
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Accessorising for Grad.   Accessorising for Grad. EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 6:07 pm

...I actually ended up getting pink with a silver buckle. Razz

Couldn't find red or yellow anything! And the gold and silver stuff I found was too prissy and formal. So, yeah, patent pink (heavy on the blue undertone) sandal-y things. They rule.

So I'm doing pink nails/lips and silver accessories. :]

Thanks for your help ladies. I just could not bring myself to buy metallic shoes.
Back to top Go down
girloflowers

girloflowers

PostSubject: Re: Accessorising for Grad.   Accessorising for Grad. EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 6:13 pm

HA I AM THE WINRAR.
yay pink Smile

pictorz please.
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Accessorising for Grad.   Accessorising for Grad. EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 6:31 pm

USB cord is lost (again) and card reader in the printer/scanner/thing we have is getting fixed. SO NO PICTORZ YET.

Hopefully I find the cord soon Smile
Back to top Go down
girloflowers

girloflowers

PostSubject: Re: Accessorising for Grad.   Accessorising for Grad. EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 6:51 pm

awwr i hope so too
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

Number of posts : 1647
Name : Alexa.
Registration date : 2007-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Accessorising for Grad.   Accessorising for Grad. EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 3:37 pm

ouu! they sound cute! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alexisastar
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accessorising for Grad.   Accessorising for Grad. Empty

Back to top Go down

Accessorising for Grad.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Fashion Gossip :: Advice & Questions-
Jump to: