The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Amika Flat Iron?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Amika Flat Iron? Empty
PostSubject: Amika Flat Iron?   Amika Flat Iron? EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 9:01 pm

I was at the mall today and I accidentally didn't run away when the woman at the Amika stand started talking to me. She asked me how I usually did my hair and I said that I just blow dried it [I'm half Chinese so it's naturally stick straight] so she used the flat iron to curl it and then straighten it back to normal. I admit that I was super impressed, because usually I have to leave my hair on my curling iron for like, 2 minutes for it to slightly curl on the ends but she was able to give me a really good curl in like, 5 seconds. Thing is, I didn't have/feel like shelling out the $100 she wanted for it.

Does anyone have a flat iron from them and do you like it?
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Amika Flat Iron? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amika Flat Iron?   Amika Flat Iron? EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 9:06 pm

hm, quite honestly any flat iron with rounded edges will give you curls! you can get a nice cheap conair from wal mart on the cheap for less than $30. just use a lot of heat protectant on your hair to keep it nice and healthy!

even better, you can use velcro rollers for curls. pop em in, blow dry, let them set, take them out, tousle/add spray, and bam, hot and sexy hair. =D
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Amika Flat Iron? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amika Flat Iron?   Amika Flat Iron? EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 11:23 pm

GHD's are ridiculously good over here...I'm thinking of getting one..but their like AUD$325.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Amika Flat Iron? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amika Flat Iron?   Amika Flat Iron? EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 7:29 am

I've used GHD's for maybe 5 years and they are amazing. But, if you can blowdry your hair straight naturally, I wouldn't bother investing in them - I'd buy some really good quality curling tongs instead.

Jose Eber ones are meant to be amazing and come in a mixture of barrel widths.
Back to top Go down

Amika Flat Iron? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amika Flat Iron?   Amika Flat Iron? EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 6:33 pm

I've tried velcro rollers to no avail D: My hair is EXTREMELY difficult haha.

My friend's got an Amika so I'm going to ask her if I can try curling my hair with it to see how long the curls hold so I can make sure it's actually worth it.

It's so true what they say about girls with curly hair wanting straight hair and straight-haired girls wanting curly hair. You always want what you don't have!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Amika Flat Iron? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amika Flat Iron?   Amika Flat Iron? Empty

Back to top Go down

Amika Flat Iron?
Page 1 of 1