The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

i'm losing my dreads...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

i'm losing my dreads... Empty
PostSubject: i'm losing my dreads...   i'm losing my dreads... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 4:17 am

I've just had my dreads installed on thursday (by a friend)
she braided them into my hair as described here
but now three of my twenty DEs have fallen out...so i might need to get my friend to reattach them as really want to keep them for a while
anyone know how to improve the braiding? any other advice?
gill, i know you had synth dreads before...maybe someone else, too?
HELLLP PWEASE!!!
Back to top Go down
GinaELIZABETH

GinaELIZABETH

Number of posts : 3116
Name : Gina
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: i'm losing my dreads...   i'm losing my dreads... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 4:09 pm

I have absolutely no help, as I'm a complete stranger to anything about dreads, but KEEP THEM if possible. They're sooo different and HOT! That's all. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/onebyonexo
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: i'm losing my dreads...   i'm losing my dreads... EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 4:32 pm

Sorry Laura, I'll not be much use..mine never fell out..
Are they just coming unbraided? Or is it lots of stray hairs?

Are you securing them with wee bands? I used two or three wee bands on each dread for some of mine because my hair is uneven, so the bits sticking out of the plaits I held down with an extra band..my dreads were so puffy you couldn't see them unless you looked close. I did have problems with stray ends coming loose in time but I just sort of tucked them back into the plait and I was ok.

You can get wax to hold them together a bit more..but I'm a bit funny about puting products in hair thats not gonna get washed frequently, even if it is residue free.

Sorry, I'm not much use.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-

PostSubject: Re: i'm losing my dreads...   i'm losing my dreads... EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:55 am

you ARE much use, gill...
i got those little rubberbands from a hairdresser that are used for braiding too...and i had just one of them to secure them..maybe have more this time? most of the dreadies got lost bcos the rubberbands broke
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i'm losing my dreads...   i'm losing my dreads... Empty

Back to top Go down

i'm losing my dreads...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Glam Yourself Up! :: Hair-
Jump to: