The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

I would like to offically apologize to my MAC 187....

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: I would like to offically apologize to my MAC 187....   Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:05 pm

Yes, yes, we all know how I've bashed it and bad-mouthed it.

Well...... I love it now!

The reason I couldn't apply my Studio Tech with it was because I wasn't using the right technique. I learned how to use the brush about a month and a half ago and since then, I'm in love!

I normally use a cream foundation and I take the 187, swirl it in the compact with light pressure to get some product on the brush, stipple the foundation on my face and then buff.

I get SUCH a streak-free result by using a tiny amount of product and it makes it look like i'm not wearing any foundation at all.

It works just as well now that I'm using a spray foundation and I look almost airbrushed! Shedding was only a small problem when i first got the brush and used it the first 3 times; now it never sheds. The only thing that sucks is that it costs almost $50. But it's really worth it and i sooo reccomend a "skunk" brush!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I would like to offically apologize to my MAC 187....   Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:22 pm

I've heard the skunk brush from coastal scents is really good if you don't want to spend as much for the MAC one. I don't actually wear foundation ever, but I imagine I'd use a skunk brush if I did :]
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: I would like to offically apologize to my MAC 187....   Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:27 pm

I love my 187! I was using it for my foundation but for the last week or so I've been using my fingers again because my foundation seems to turn out better that way.

So now I'm using it for cream blushes, really pigmented powder blushes, and highlighters and it does a great job for applying all of those.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: I would like to offically apologize to my MAC 187....   Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:39 pm

I love it! I apply my foundation with it, and it looks awesome :O
Actually...
I use it for everything, powder, liquid, blushes (cream and otherwise).
It's so nice, and very much worth the money.
Honestly, I was freaking out about how much it cost, and now I can't even remember.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: I would like to offically apologize to my MAC 187....   Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:27 pm

This was my first MAc brush, i don't really use it very much right now because i'm trying not to use as much foundation in the summer time but i love it in the winter.
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: I would like to offically apologize to my MAC 187....   Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:26 pm

I adore this brush, but I'm always torn between using it for foundation and using it for blush..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: I would like to offically apologize to my MAC 187....   Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:52 pm

I'd like one for foundation, and a 182 for powder. Just never have the money for either.

PostSubject: Re: I would like to offically apologize to my MAC 187....   Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:54 pm

I'm starting to regret buying my 182. I love it but it sheds like crazy, and for that price it shouldn't shed like that!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: I would like to offically apologize to my MAC 187....   Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:55 pm

I can get over shedding if its not like...a lot. But if its with daily use I'd have that babe replaced.

PostSubject: Re: I would like to offically apologize to my MAC 187....   Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:58 pm

Mine sheds a ton! It leaves hairs all over my face everyday, and I've always been super gentle with it, I even use conditioner on it sometimes. I'd return it if I still had the reciept.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I would like to offically apologize to my MAC 187....   Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:30 am

duuude, i've heard the coastal scents ones are kinda bendy?
but i have the $14 NYX version (thankyou lisbeth) and it didn't shed, didn't bleed colour when i washed it, and isn't too bendy.

read: it's perfect and saved me from spending $85
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I would like to offically apologize to my MAC 187....   

Back to top Go down

I would like to offically apologize to my MAC 187....
Page 1 of 1