The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Max Factor Mascaras

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Max Factor Mascaras   Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:18 pm

So I'm pretty much in love with them. I've tried about four of the seven they make and I keep going back. They've really been the only mascaras I will use until the tube is empty; I NEVER do that! The prices are amazing since the mascaras range from $4.69-$6.99, there's about five colors to choose from, and you can get every formula in waterproof if you want (I dont like waterproof so I've never tried those out).

2000 Calorie: Max Factor 2000 Calorie
(I use the straight brush kind) This stuff is pretty darn cool. Plumps up my lashes and makes them twice as thick, just like the packaging says. It gives me really nice length without making my lashes look spidery and the only times I've had it be clumpy are the times when I'm yanking the wand from the tube and trying to put it on in three seconds; other than that there's zero clumps. Smudging and flakiness aren't a problem with this at all! The only thing I dont really like? Makes my freshly curled lashes stick-straight in a half hour. Sad

Stretch and Seperate: Photobucket
MY HG!!!! This is my favorite. I wear it in all my FOTDs and love love love it. It gives amazing length and I've never had a clump even when I'm trying to put it on at the speed of light. Doesn't flake but I do think it runs off more easily than 2000 calorie when your face gets wet. It gives me okie volume on it's own but since it doesn't claim to give super volume and I curl my lashes anyways, I don't care. When I do curl, it doesn't deflate my lashes and they remain curly for a good 6 hours. Such a good basic mascara for everyday and for less than $5 it's even better.

Volume Couture: Photobucket
This was the first MAX Factor mascara I bought. Again, like all of these mascaras, this one never clumps. It has the same kind of plastic brush that lash blast, define-a-lash, lash exact, etc. have but without the blunt tip so you can easily reach every lash. Damn it gives good volume! When I use it, I sometimes don't curl because it can look a bit over-dramatic for simple looks. Volume is the only thing it's super awesome for since it just gives decent length and not so good thickness.

Lash Perfection: Photobucket
Zero clumps of course along with no flaking or smudging. The definition is wonderful and you can really see how it seperates and fans out every lash. It's an all-around good mascara since it does well with thickness, length, and volume. But it's not OMGWOW! on any distinct catagory. Still, it's really great.

All in all, Max Factor makes awesome mascaras that are such a great value and it doesn't matter what you're looking for, there's bound to be a formula that meets what your needs. ^_^
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Max Factor Mascaras   Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:04 pm

thanks darlin! this totally helped. if I see the waterproof ones in walgreens I'll give these a shot. nod

PostSubject: Re: Max Factor Mascaras   Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:29 pm

great review!! i got a set of 2 lash perfection mascaras from wal mart for 6.99 so that's even better. Sometimes wal mart is good like that Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Max Factor Mascaras   Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:57 am

so much prettiness! pity they'd be more than double the price here
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Max Factor Mascaras   Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:18 am

I love the 2000 calorie and masterpiece one. Max factor make great mascara.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
Alexa Nightmare.

Number of posts : 1647
Name : Alexa.
Registration date : 2007-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Max Factor Mascaras   Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:11 am

i really wanna try thw volume one!
but i bet that they're not sold anywhere in newfoundland!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/alexisastar
Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Max Factor Mascaras   Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:25 pm

Gotta be Max Factor Masterpiece for me! (Gold tube kind)

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Max Factor Mascaras   Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:29 pm

Jenna, I bought a waterproof version of Volume couture, for the beach tomorrow! Smile
I'll tell you how it goes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Max Factor Mascaras   

Back to top Go down

Max Factor Mascaras
Page 1 of 1