The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Music Note Tats

Go down 
+4
kaylalane
Le_Saboteur
Aelwyndaeira
PolyphonicThought
8 posters
AuthorMessage
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 10:04 pm

So I've been debating on what to get tattooed on me, and where, for quite some time. I've decided to get eighth notes tattooed on my feet, not only because they're my favourite of all music notes, but because it won't look horrible when I'm older. If I decide to show my feet, they'll look cute; and they can be hidden easily. Plus, I'd have an excuse to wear sandals.

I drew them so you could get a good idea - of course, they won't look rough like that, they'd be neat, pretty music notes!

On my right:

Music Note Tats 005-7

On my left:

Music Note Tats 006-4

I'm having trouble deciding how I want the middle 8th note on my left foot, though. I don't know if I want it in the same direction as the others and higher, or turned upside down [as you would normally see in music] and higher. What do you guys think? Is it a good idea for a tat?

Last edited by PolyphonicThought on Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 10:06 pm

I think it's adorable! Smile I like the second 8th note version, too. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com
PolyphonicThought

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 10:12 pm

Thanks, Shauna - I'm such a choir girl, and I figured it'd be nice to have something that means a lot to me tattooed on me.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 10:35 pm

HAH, this made me giggle!

Music Note Tats 283401_f520
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 11:43 pm

TP; but I've found one that I'll be getting on the back of my neck as soon as humanly possible:

Music Note Tats Musictat220
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 11:46 pm

I LOOOOVE the little birdie one!

The was a girl that worked at a coffee shop that had a bass clef on her inner forearm, and a treble clef on the other inner forearm. They were cute.
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com
PolyphonicThought

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 11:50 pm

Aint it the most clever thing!? My choir teacher would be so damn jealous. I never would have thought that five music symbols could make a cute lil birdy.
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 1:15 am

That's really cute, I like all of the ideas. It's a good choice for you and quite personal because of your choir background Smile

I also support the second choice for the uh... second one.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 1:20 am

lol, I understand kendra! everyone I've asked seems to like it better that way. Smile
Back to top Go down

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 2:29 am

It's great that you've made this topic - I'm saving money up atm to have a treble clef on my right foot - We must be on the same wavelength!

The bird is reaaally clever!

Here's a link to a tattoo that I absolutely love,

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img503/7320/161230292b907e69b35tm2.jpg
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 2:41 am

oo when I was searching, I saw that one a lot. Some girls were able to pull it off, but some made it tacky by making the lines horizontal and getting it done on their lower back! It made me sad.

I really love that bird - its so cute. I feel kind of bad since the person in the photo may have designed it themselves, but good lord its just too great. I want! Smile
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 8:21 am

Eighth notes are my favorite too! In the second drawing, I like the bottom notes, just 'cause its more true to music.

And wow, that bird is so cool. I just sketched it on a notepad, just in case. But I sort of want a little flute tattoed on me (I know I'm so lame)
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

Number of posts : 1634
Name : Megan, Meggles
Registration date : 2007-04-25

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 10:42 am

I'm definitely getting some music notes/symbols on me, because I've been a drummer since the 5th grade, and music means a lot to me.

Also, that bird is amazingly cute!! I like the second pattern of eighth notes, it looks different and adorable!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 4:00 pm

A flute sounds damn cute, Kay. And Meg, I saw a lot of tattoos with drums while I was looking, some were pretty bad ass. The rest were just bad [there was one with some dude from sesame street drumming! ;-;].
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

Number of posts : 1634
Name : Megan, Meggles
Registration date : 2007-04-25

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 6:35 pm

Oh man, Animal?! That was the drummer. haha, I'm so lame.

Anyway, yeah I was thinking, "hmm, usually tattoos of drums are not cute, so I'll have to turn into a real badass to get one". Razz
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 6:57 pm

YEAH HIM! I was like "o.o?" and I had to show it to Lisbeth, and she was just like "oh lord." I wish I was hxc enough for drums, but...I'm not! ;-;
Back to top Go down
xxmissyxx

xxmissyxx

Number of posts : 658
Name : Tarren
Registration date : 2007-06-13

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 7:02 pm

Hah the drummer of the boyfriend or whatever he is to me now's band recently got the outline to a chest piece of a drum kit done! I should sneak a photo and get it on here.

I love the birdie!!!!
Back to top Go down

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 10:15 pm

The little birdie is so cute! I can only see two of the five symbols though Sad which is a pretty poor effort since I used to play piano and clarinet!
Back to top Go down

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 4:56 am

PolyphonicThought wrote:
TP; but I've found one that I'll be getting on the back of my neck as soon as humanly possible:

Music Note Tats Musictat220

Jade, if you've interested, (or as much of a theory geek as me) the symbols are:

F - forte (meaning loud) - for the bird's back
) - a tie (this joins notes of the same pitch/could indicate a tune is sung to the same syllable..there's more..) - for it's underbelly
# - a sharp sign - for the legs!
< - a crescendo marking (means gradually getting louder) for the beak Smile
half circle with dot - a pause mark.

I love theory... Embarassed
Back to top Go down

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 4:59 am

Aww thanks for that Jessie! That's just amazing.
Back to top Go down
witch_lilly

witch_lilly

Number of posts : 908
Name : Ruth

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 9:31 am

Jess wrote:
It's great that you've made this topic - I'm saving money up atm to have a treble clef on my right foot - We must be on the same wavelength!

Two of my friends had the same treble clef tattooed on their ankles. I totally love it!

Photobucket

I know everyones said it already - but omg that bird. I want it!! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 12:19 pm

Those ones on the back are from a print by Man Ray...

anyway i think they're awesome, i like the second design two, stops it looking... not boring but, you know, makes it more interetsing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
PolyphonicThought

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 3:34 am

n.n

I think that'll be the one I go with then! If my job hunting doesn't go to waste, then hopefully get at least the birdy done by August. nod
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 11:47 pm

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/79/Sfz.svg

that would make the coolest back/chest piece ever...I want that done SOMEWHERE on me.

anywhere but the lower back. icky.
Back to top Go down

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 8:41 pm

ah! that birdy is the cutest thing i've ever seen!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Music Note Tats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Note Tats   Music Note Tats Empty

Back to top Go down

Music Note Tats
Page 1 of 1