The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Six Flags help!

Go down 
+8
Jayme
Kirsty
anjelik_dreamin
witch_lilly
TOONRULESOK
Aelwyndaeira
electrikkk
PolyphonicThought
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 3:49 pm

So I'm going to Six Flags (HUGE amusement park) on the 30th. Last time I went I wore a short sleeve shirt and got the worst farmer's tan ever! That thing didn't fully go away for months!

I plan on wearing sunscreen to prevent sunburn but are there any products that help actually prevent tanning? I'm fairly light skinned now and would like to keep it that way but i tan SOOOO easily.

Any recs for products to keep my hair from poofing out like hell after water rides? I got it cut again so it's really short now but it still gets wavy and poofy in the front when it gets wet.

Thanks girlies!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 4:08 pm

Try Neutrogena's Dry Touch Sunblock. Any SPF would do, but if I were you I'd just stick to SPF 55 or 70. Their Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock is nice, too, with SPF 30 or 45. They're both waterproof, so you could reapply every two hours.

For your face, try Instant Mineral SPF 30 by Peter Thomas Roth. Its great to set your makeup and for quick touch ups so your face doesn't burn. I dunno about you, but I can't use sunscreen on my face without breaking out, so it could be pretty useful.

For your hair, I'd just keep a brush handy. If all else fails, just throw on a hat. Don't forget to wear a lip balm with SPF as well.
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

Number of posts : 1634
Name : Megan, Meggles
Registration date : 2007-04-25

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 4:49 pm

Hell, you could just wear a bikini top and be good. It's Six Flags, nobody cares! haha. That way you wouldn't have tan lines if you accidentally happen to get tan.

I've got no suggestions about sunscreen except definitely don't forget it!

For your hair, maybe clip the front down w/ some cute barettes or something? And you could always braid the rest of your hair if that gets wavy and such. =]
Back to top Go down

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 5:53 pm

I don't mean to sound like a know itall, but any spf above 30 makes so little difference that it's a waste of time- its pretty much illegal to sell them here.

if your hair isn't too short, try doing a small french braid to hold your fringe back Smile

oh and WEAR SUNGLASSES!!!!!!!!! also, see if you can get some of that spray sunscreen fo your hair so your scalp doesn't get burnt
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 7:34 pm

The minimum required here is 30 [97%], but most generally go for 45-55. SPF 50 = 98%, and the first sunscreen I listed is only available in 55, 70, and 85. Either way, not too much of a diff, as long as you reapply ever 2-3 hours. :]

I think some people go for SPFs over 50 is because they burn easily, and just find it convenient [since its so readily available!].
Back to top Go down

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 8:18 pm

electrikkk wrote:
Hell, you could just wear a bikini top and be good. It's Six Flags, nobody cares! haha. That way you wouldn't have tan lines if you accidentally happen to get tan.

=]

Oh I'd love to..... if I had a bikini body. lol

I've got stretch marks on my shoulders from being really heavy as a kid so I'm so self-concious about baring my shoulders.

I think i'll just wear a plain cotton mini sundress with shorts underneath and converse.

Le mumsie is taking me late-night grocery shopping at wal-mart tonight so I'm going to get the highest SPF I can find. ^_^
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 8:34 pm

lol! The highest is 85! Hopefully you find it. nod
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 9:37 pm

I use SPF 60, and do find a difference from 30. With 30, I still burn like a mother effer, but with 60 I don't.

I even avoided "bodice burn" today! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com
PolyphonicThought

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 9:46 pm

I only use SPF 45. I don't go outside too much, and I don't burn, but I do tan, and I wanted to prevent that. Beau and I tend to walk everywhere, so 45 is just enough for me. Smile

And wow, that sounds painful. Sad
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 10:05 pm

Yeah, bodice burn ain't fun. Razz Yay for spf 60! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 12:34 pm

you're all so good, i wear SPF 4...

any, sunblock and if you have one, a lonsleeve light cotton shirt - keeps you cooler than a vest!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
PolyphonicThought

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 1:26 pm

O.O!!!!!!!!??????
*dies*
Back to top Go down
witch_lilly

witch_lilly

Number of posts : 908
Name : Ruth

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 6:35 pm

I don't wear any spf. Then again I do live in Scotland....
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 9:43 pm

I wish I lived in Scotland...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
PolyphonicThought

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 10:07 pm

Even in cold/rainy/cloudy/whatever weather, it helps to wear sunscreen on exposed skin- harmful UVA/UVB rays can still penetrate the skin, rain for shine. ;-;
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 7:57 am

witch_lilly wrote:
I don't wear any spf. Then again I do live in Scotland....

I agreeee. Tho I also agree with Puff.
It's probably something that should be done anyway but it is hard to wake up to the rain and cloud and think "oh gotta put my sunscreen on!" My parents ot a bit burnt because they didn't wear any a few weeks ago and it wasnt that warm or sunny.
I use 30 mostly when I'm away on holiday.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
witch_lilly

witch_lilly

Number of posts : 908
Name : Ruth

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 10:05 am

Ohhh yeah I totally wear it when i'm on holiday. One of the most stupid things i've ever done is when I went to Florida (i was like 16) and never put any on because I "wanted a tan". Needless to say I got very burnt and was in pain for the last few days of my holiday.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
PolyphonicThought

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 12:29 pm

Ohhh trust me. You should see some of the lobsters around here. Wincing in pain saying, "Am I tan yet?" Hee.
Back to top Go down

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 1:17 pm

I dont undertsand the whole tan obession.....

Pale skin is beautiful. And so is whatever tone you were born with.
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 1:21 pm

I'm pale as snow, and I love it.
Natural tans are gorgeous too, but fake ones gross me out.
And I love it when girls who shouldn't tan tan, and get red instead of dark.
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
PolyphonicThought

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 1:27 pm

I tan...a little too easily. And I kinda like wearing foundation that matches. So I wear sunscreen! Besides, I can always get spray tanner or something...

Speaking of that. I have seen BAD spray tans. Court got one for homecoming [don't really see why, it was dark the whole time so no one really noticed], but her hands were streaky for days. I prefer natural tans...or at least, fake ones that look natural. nod
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 2:04 am

Pale skin can show off your flaws, tan skin hides it a bit better (I tan very easy as well, but I'm like never outside and live in New Zealand so... sun is THE ENEMY down here). Having to deal with so many different skin types on almost a daily basis I can say this is almost always the case.

If you tan super easy and don't burn often, then you could argue that whatever your 'plateau' colour is (where it takes a lot of work for you to tan darker) is your natural colour. I can understand why people do tan but when they do it excessively... yuck. Plus, like I said the sun is THE ENEMY. Heh.

What a long ramble that came from 'tan skin hides flaws better'. Just 'cause the paler you are the more redness will show. Yep. Smile
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 10:08 am

I tan super easily (my mum is naturally arab skinned, and i have very smilar yellowy tan skin) so i just make the most of it. though i agree with puffy - i have 4 foundations for different times of the year! in the winter i am one pale yellow girly ahahahaha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 1:45 pm

I tan super easily as well. Hence why I dont go out much. lol

Both my parents are hispanic so I got those genes I suppose.

If I do go out to the beach, I can go from and NC25 (where I am now) to an NC35 in two days. O_O
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 2:15 pm

Muffins Goes RAWR wrote:
I tan super easily as well. Hence why I dont go out much. lol

Both my parents are hispanic so I got those genes I suppose.

If I do go out to the beach, I can go from and NC25 (where I am now) to an NC35 in two days. O_O

Haha, I'm about the same. I like my pale skin better than my tan because I think it looks better with my features. I like looking 'different' I guess.

/vain

>.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Six Flags help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Six Flags help!   Six Flags help! Empty

Back to top Go down

Six Flags help!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Glam Yourself Up! :: Makeup & Beauty-
Jump to: