The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

prom-princess :]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

prom-princess :] Empty
PostSubject: prom-princess :]   prom-princess :] EmptyTue May 08, 2007 6:05 am

Ok, so finally Kiki made me nervous, too Razz
it's my leaver's ball at the end of june and this is my very princessy dress:
prom-princess :] Kleids006
prom-princess :] Kleids007
prom-princess :] Kleids008
(excuse my posing, i don't have any better pictures)

i have NO idea what to do with my make-up. or hair. idk its too short wo do any glamourous updos so i think i'm just getting it cut and styled neatly that day :/
But currently my hair is really light blonde...and as the dress is a bit of kitsch i think i might look like a barbie Wink
what you girls think? should i dye it darker, leave it like this? or should i go pink with my hair, too? i'm not sure that is a good idea, tho...

and i'm thinking as the prom is in summer, maybe i should shorten the dress to say knee-length. do you think it yould suit the dress? maybe then i should add layers to the skirtpart to make it more puffy?

awww idk... Suspect

HEEEELP ME PUH-LEEESE Razz
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: prom-princess :]   prom-princess :] EmptyTue May 08, 2007 6:11 am

I think the flowy bottom of the dress is pretty as it is. And i also think your dress is too pretty to go for really dark hair and makeup. If your really worried about being to barbie, i guess you could go more light brown or something...but i think it's fine the way it is. I dunno laura...wait for the experts....i'm bad at decision making >.<
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: prom-princess :]   prom-princess :] EmptyTue May 08, 2007 6:24 am

haha. no i didn't think about really really dark hair, maybe a deep brown...i had dark-blonde hair when i bought the dress and it didn't look very good, because it was one of those "dirty" colors...

i have nooo idea for make-up...not too dark, obviously but should it be noticable or more subtle?
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

PostSubject: Re: prom-princess :]   prom-princess :] EmptyTue May 08, 2007 6:29 am

I think pretty, fresh makeup would look best. Nothing to heavy, maybe silverish colours?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: prom-princess :]   prom-princess :] EmptyTue May 08, 2007 6:52 am

omg. you should be a classic blonde. light light sheer pinks, highlighted with frosty whites, for makeup. or even neutral browns, but light sheer browns on the eyes, a shimmer as a highlighter, and then a nice, soft pink lip. gah. dont make me come down there.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: prom-princess :]   prom-princess :] EmptyTue May 08, 2007 6:59 am

I think the dress is gorgeous and you look gorgeous in it so don't touch it!

I dunno I don't think there's anything wrong with the blonde hair with it. I don't think anything overly fancy would look good. Maybe just have it all pixyish and if you could find a little hairband or something? Or a pink bow or ribbon? Or a huge pink flower? Lol i dunno if any of these would actually work but im just letting out my ideas Razz
I think the styled neatly will be cute but something in it just to set it off...might be cute.

And for makeup, nothing heavy. Maybe a shimmery pink or silvery type thing. Nothing dark or too in your face. Just pretty natural but with a bit of subtle shimmer.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: prom-princess :]   prom-princess :] EmptyTue May 08, 2007 7:05 am

xtina ish!!! all coiffed! mm. *rape*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: prom-princess :]   prom-princess :] EmptyTue May 08, 2007 7:12 am

that would be soo cool. lmao
i'll have to find a pic of that
xD
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

Number of posts : 1676
Name : Mandy!
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: prom-princess :]   prom-princess :] EmptyTue May 08, 2007 4:55 pm

For makeup...maybe pink/orange/peach/silver?

And I think like that honey/auburn ish hair would be good if you dont want to be blonde.

Not sure if that helps at all, but that dress is very prettyful!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mandy.berthold
GinaELIZABETH

GinaELIZABETH

Number of posts : 3116
Name : Gina
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: prom-princess :]   prom-princess :] EmptyTue May 08, 2007 6:39 pm

First of all, I think you should leave the dress as is. It's gorgeous. Look's like something I'd wear. Razz

Second, as for makeup, I think that you should do something similar to that picture Courtney posted in the Makeup Pictures thread. Light, shimmery pinks with a little bit darker around the edges and whatnot. With pretty long eyelashes and a fresh, rosey cheek. And same with the lips. Very Happy

Lastly, as for hair, I say stick with blonde. I think it would be uber cute. Maybe with some highlights and lowlights, just to give it something a little extra, so that it's not plain and boring and all Barbie-esque. I second Kiki's suggestion about a pink bow/ribbon or even the flower. I think that something that has both a light shade of pink and the darker (like in the dress) it would look adorable!! Especially against pretty blonde pixie hair... Very Happy

There's my opinions. Eek! This makes me wanna get all dressed up for something.. but I don't have any events coming up really.... Booooo. Sad Teehee.

OH! And be suure to post pictures of the final product!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/onebyonexo
loveme4w

PostSubject: Re: prom-princess :]   prom-princess :] EmptyFri May 18, 2007 6:41 pm

Well I seem to be an odd one out but with a pink shade like that I think you'd look GORGEOUS with like dark brown hair, it'd just set off the dress so nicely ^_^

And makeup, i think you could try like a shimmery light silverish shadow?
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: prom-princess :]   prom-princess :] EmptyFri May 18, 2007 6:44 pm

rawr her hair is pink now! keep up!

i think the pink will be kind cool with the dress...Razz

I wouldnt go with pinks in your makeup if you're still gonna have pink hair...would be like OVER KILL! I definately think a subtle shimmery silver would be cute though.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: prom-princess :]   prom-princess :] EmptySat May 19, 2007 10:11 am

i don't think i'll keep that pink till the ball.
I'm really thinking brown at the moment, because my hair is baaaad condition and so no more dyes for me for a while :[
Back to top Go down
wasting_

PostSubject: Re: prom-princess :]   prom-princess :] EmptyFri Jun 08, 2007 10:12 pm

omg, you're gorgeous! ^-^ I love your dress Smile maybe some simple eyeshadow, but with a bright pink
Back to top Go down
Harpsich

PostSubject: Re: prom-princess :]   prom-princess :] EmptySat Jun 09, 2007 10:16 am

Nice dress...maybe you could use chrystals for your eye makeup.They would go nice with the one on your dress.
Is your hair long enough for a ponytail? Then you could make one and bind some stuff in it like ribbons ,stockings, pieces of transparent fabric, strings of pearls etc. .I did this once ,it looks really nice and not as strange as it sounds.

[dictionary is gone]Oder schieb dir einfach einen breiten Haarreif in die Haare Wink [/dictionary is still gone]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: prom-princess :]   prom-princess :] Empty

Back to top Go down

prom-princess :]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Glam Yourself Up! :: Makeup & Beauty-
Jump to: