The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

**LE GASP!** Another prom topic!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

**LE GASP!** Another prom topic! Empty
PostSubject: **LE GASP!** Another prom topic!   **LE GASP!** Another prom topic! EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 5:26 pm

yes yes yes, jenna decided to go to prom at the last minute.....

Sooooooo i made my dress out of this fabric:
Photobucket

It's the strapless one with a black sash on the waist and black trim on the hem and bust.

And I'd love for my makeup to be bright as well but not so that it's clown-like and clashes with my dress.

Oh, and I was thinking maybe pin-up girl hair? Yay? Nay?
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: **LE GASP!** Another prom topic!   **LE GASP!** Another prom topic! EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 5:45 pm

First off, I love the fabric. And the pattern. So awesome.

Anywho, I think you should keep the eyes subtle, like big lashes and a shadow close to your skin tone. And bright pink lips! Or some other bold color. I think that would be hot.

Pin-up hair would be cute. I'm not really good with hair, so I won't suggest anything. Not that I'm good with makeup, but that's what I envision haha.
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: **LE GASP!** Another prom topic!   **LE GASP!** Another prom topic! EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 5:59 pm

I think Kayla's suggestion is really great. I personally wouldn't go with insanely bright eyes, seeing as how the dress is so crazy Smile Bright pink lips ftw, Girl About Town would be pretty much perfect for that dress.

With the eyes you could keep with the pin up theme and do big flicks with single falsies on the outer corners. You could still use a dark crease colour, but I would keep either a neutral fawny colour or vanilla for the rest of the lid. Maybe a little bit of blush and contour under the cheekbones.

When you say pin up hair, were you thinking soft waves, or an updo? Can you get someone else to do your hair? The updos are fucking hard to try on yourself, unless you can get in lots of practice before hand.

Edit: Gah, I'm wearing flicky liner and HOT HOT HOT pink lips today but my USB cable has gone walkies. You're a make up fiend, I'm sure you know what I mean though.
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: **LE GASP!** Another prom topic!   **LE GASP!** Another prom topic! EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 6:49 pm

I agree with the hot pink lips/winged eyes thing. That would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: **LE GASP!** Another prom topic!   **LE GASP!** Another prom topic! EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 6:54 pm

a simple gold shadow, black in the crease, a little liner, a bright blush OR bright lips. something simple. pick either one - so it won't be too overdone. if you do a blush, try a pink blusher stick so it'll be a little dewy to brighten you up. if you decide to focus on lips, just use a bright pink gloss, and line your lips with a matching colour to help it pop. bright, without being overdone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: **LE GASP!** Another prom topic!   **LE GASP!** Another prom topic! EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 12:37 pm

I think, really hot pink lips like the colour in your dress, and then a tan colour blush for conoturing and then a neutral eye with like dark brown in the crease and black eyeliner along the top and the HUUUUUUUUGE TRANNYFIED falsies! =D
Back to top Go down
Beb82

Beb82

Number of posts : 1175
Name : Sally
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: **LE GASP!** Another prom topic!   **LE GASP!** Another prom topic! EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 12:42 pm

I totally agree with bright pink lips and a black flick.... orrrrr neutral-ish lips and bright flicked liner (turquoise maybe)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: **LE GASP!** Another prom topic!   **LE GASP!** Another prom topic! EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 3:26 pm

Lol, totally OT but I'm wondering why you chose prom over The Cure!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: **LE GASP!** Another prom topic!   **LE GASP!** Another prom topic! EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 4:20 pm

yourroyalscrumptiousness wrote:
Lol, totally OT but I'm wondering why you chose prom over The Cure!
lol
Me too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: **LE GASP!** Another prom topic!   **LE GASP!** Another prom topic! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 4:12 pm

My friend bailed on me at the last minute so I have no one to go with to see the cure.

And i'm not allowed to go to concerts alone.

Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: **LE GASP!** Another prom topic!   **LE GASP!** Another prom topic! Empty

Back to top Go down

**LE GASP!** Another prom topic!
Page 1 of 1