The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Official Beauty Shopping Topic.

Go down 
+23
psychedelic_
abercrombie
girloflowers
hello disaster
witch_lilly
gill
Gloomyjewel
Aelwyndaeira
GinaELIZABETH
hyperventilating
TOONRULESOK
justme
cherrybomb
PolyphonicThought
ninibaby
anjelik_dreamin
Jayme
pinkhaired
Lindsay
Beb82
Le_Saboteur
kaylalane
Kirsty
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
AuthorMessage
electrikkk

electrikkk

Number of posts : 1634
Name : Megan, Meggles
Registration date : 2007-04-25

Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 4:34 pm

i've bought so much since the last post but one thing i am really in love with was actually from a 500 point reward gift set from Sephora. it's the NARS velvet lip gloss pencil (or something or other) in the color New Lover. Ladies, i am floored by the amazingness of this pencil. it's a gloss pencil, so it's lighter than a lipstick but has all the color payout of one. it's a really gorgeous peachy pink with a gold shimmer in it and when you put it on and it warms up on your lips it is just the most flattering color ever. it doesn't dry my lips out, and the only downsides are you have to sharpen it and it's not very longwearable. Probably 2 hours tops for me, but it's so easy to reapply that i don't even mind. definitely will be purchasing a full size when my deluxe mini runs out. Razz
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:14 pm

working at a makeup counter, despite the bs I deal with, has its perks.

I'm getting $200 gratis for selling clarisonics so I'm getting the following...

- groundwork, rubenesque, constructivist and blacktrack
- studio careblend powder, studio fix NC50, prep + prime natural radiance
- flaming rose, overlacquer

I just got my clinique gratis in the mail: 2 shadow trios, 3 duos, mascara, and about 6-8 lippies.

I also got the naked2 palette and I like it much better than the original. added truth and russian red to my lippie collection not too long ago. lady bug is always out of stock! for some reason I still haven't gotten impassioned. I'm still debating on the careblend powder, if I change my mind then I'll probably get it.
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 11:41 am

bought the Sigmax synthetic round top kabuki brush online today. can't wait til it gets here, i'm so sick of applying foundation with my fingers!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:58 pm

Sigma <3

if you ever need a cheaper option, ELFs flat top powder brush works great with liquids
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 9:47 am

thank you!! i bought sephora's flat top kabuki from their 'professional' line but it shed like freaking CRAZY so i returned it and have been looking for a nice one since. i've heard lots of good things about Sigma so i decided to just go for it! i will definitely remember about ELF though, i like a few of their products already!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 2:56 pm

bleh I don't care for sephora brand anything. sigma is where its at. with elf you get what you pay for, I've bought 6-8 of that powder brush and only 2 of them shed. not bad for $3 Smile
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:56 am

omg it arrived on saturday and i'm in looove
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

Number of posts : 1647
Name : Alexa.
Registration date : 2007-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:42 pm

In the past month i've srsly bought sooo many MAC lipsticks.
Cyber, Japanese Maple, Ruby Woo, Hang Up, Myth and Viva Glam Nicki (1).

Myth and Nicki are in the mail right now, super stoked to get them!

I also discovered Kat Von D tattoo liners, the felt pen style one. AM IN LOVEEEE~~.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alexisastar
electrikkk

electrikkk

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 3:35 pm

i really want to try out their lipsticks, everyone always raves about them!

oooh i kind of wanted to try those liners, maybe now i will!
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 5:52 pm

I normally wouldn't spend $18 on a lipstick but they are sooo worth it!! And the liners are actually the closest thing to a permanent marker makeup wise that I have ever seen. It's a bit of a pain in the ass to remove actually. confused2

Try them both, the lipstick and the liner!! I promise not to disapoint!

also, anyone try BB creams yet? I hear they're all the rave now. I might pick one up, not too sure yet!
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 6:01 pm

well shit i'm gonna have to try them both!

i've tried the garnier BB cream and it's nice for days when i don't feel like putting actual foundation on. i only get like 5 or 6 hours wear out of it before i see some of the redness i have in my cheeks poke through. i imagine it would be really nice for summer too because it's super light and quick to apply. i've seen a little bit of a different in my skin even-ness too, which is nice. not bad for the $11 or so that it is, plus you can usually find coupons for it since it's drugstore. it's a pretty decent sized tube too! they've made a new formula recently also for oil control which i am probably going to pick up after i finish this tube, since i have a problem with shine, especially in the summer.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 7:16 pm

I forgot about a major haul I did a few weeks ago at the mac counter:

studio fix powder and careblend powder. ambering rose, sweet as cocoa and desert rose blushes. constructivist and quite natural PPs. fluidline blacktrack. eyeshadows in twinks, patina, ricepaper, cork, espresso, amber lights, expensive pink, and gleam. and cleanse off oil.

careblend has replaced MSFN as my fav setting powder...more coverage and the finish is just...buttery smooth. the two PPs I got are not as dark as I hoped, but are still great on their own or as a base.

next haul will be lipsticks, gloss and lipliners, a few more eyeshadows, brow pencil and gel, and concealer. oh and plush lash mascara...<3
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 2:19 pm

I picked up the Garnier BB cream the other day.

And my order of Nicki Viva Glam and Myth came today.

Good day all around!
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 4:15 pm

oooh have you tried the BB cream yet? i wanna hear how you like it!
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:52 am

I tried it and I like it a lot!! You're right about it being super light but it makes my skin feel fantastic and it looks so even!

It's like a tinted moisturizer and a light foundation in one. My verdict is that I'm super impressed! haha thank you for your help!! Smile
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 12:37 pm

another mac haul Smile

matte cream, mineralize concealer, prep + prime transparent loose powder, love joy mineralize blush, blunt blush (for contouring), stud brow pencil, rubenesque PP and gold deposit
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:40 am

I ordered the Taupe Drama set as a lil gift to myself after I did my taxes yesterday.
It's not much but I wanted to treat myself hehe.

I also ordered studio fix concealer for my mama.
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 10:25 am

AMMO PALETTE FROM MA FOR EASTER!!!
she also bought me a new kat von d eyeliner because I love them soooo much!!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:01 pm

I got some neutrogena face wipes today...I've avoided using them for ages, for some reason...but since everyone raves about them I finally caved. I used YES TO CUCUMBERS for years, and I recently tried the MAC wipes, but these are better than both of them!

side note...I actually kinda hate MAC wipes...they leave a residue on the skin and irritate my eyes. I actually have to rinse my eyes really well after using them, which kinda defeats the purpose of the wipe...
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 1:59 pm

hmmm maybe the next time i run out i will have to try those!

and yeah i hate when wipes make you feel all gross and you have to wash your face. it's like, why bother with the wipes then? haha
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 8:05 pm

I can't use wipes. Sad I have real bad skin and they make me break out. I just use Noxema to wash my face and just a plain ol' dove soap and water combination to remove my eye make up.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 8:17 pm

I still wash my face after unless its been a really, REALLY long day. my fav makeup remover is lancome's cleansing water Smile

that's lame lexa Sad even eye makeup removers irritate your skin??
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 8:22 pm

I have never found one I really liked. I find they are all really greasy. Sad
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 12:26 pm

bought the riri woo lipstick :3

also ordered a mixing palette, q-tips, 20 faux beauty blenders, tweezers, wedge sponges, mascara and lip wands, and a lash curler. for some reason my whole check wasn't deposited so brushes will be ordered tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 6:59 pm

DP: my boyfriend is a doll and ordered my brushes for me. 46 brushes for $160. I love discounts!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Beauty Shopping Topic.
Page 33 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next