The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Official Beauty Shopping Topic.

Go down 
+23
psychedelic_
abercrombie
girloflowers
hello disaster
witch_lilly
gill
Gloomyjewel
Aelwyndaeira
GinaELIZABETH
hyperventilating
TOONRULESOK
justme
cherrybomb
PolyphonicThought
ninibaby
anjelik_dreamin
Jayme
pinkhaired
Lindsay
Beb82
Le_Saboteur
kaylalane
Kirsty
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
AuthorMessage
electrikkk

electrikkk

Number of posts : 1634
Name : Megan, Meggles
Registration date : 2007-04-25

Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 9:03 am

i would be pissed too! that's ridiculous. i hope you get an email! i'm sure you will since they messed up your order just like everyone else's!
Back to top Go down
xandypants

xandypants

Number of posts : 42
Name : Alex
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:11 pm

I ordered some stuff too but I'm going to wait until all the crazy dies down before I make ANY attempt to contact them. Some people are apparently saying that since some of the items oversold and therefore not everyone got their stuff, those people deserve a free eyeshadow palette. Like one of the expensive-ass ones.

I get it, they're pissed that they oversold stuff and want some kind of compensation, but REALLY? A $50 palette compensates the fact that they had like 2 HEAVILY DISCOUNTED items missing from their order? I think free shipping or 10% off a future order is more than enough.
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 7:26 pm

I don't.
I ordered something, which happened to be two things, and when my package was sent out, I was not informed that those would not be coming, but they also took that money too. I understand they're swamped, but I waiting a week for my stuff to be sent out, and then I didn't even get all of it. Most people are getting $20 credit along with free shipping, so I'm expecting to get that back too. Oh if I ever hear back from them. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
xandypants

xandypants

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:18 am

I think they didn't realize there was a problem until orders had already started shipping because the people who ordered earlier didn't get notification until after they'd received their packages and the Customer Service lines were insisting there was no problem. But that's more of a lack of communication between departments, rather than trying to rip people off.

I guess the way I'm thinking about it is, if they DON'T sort all of this out, they're going to be facing all kinds of legal action, which I think is probably pretty good incentive for them to GET IT DONE haha.
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 1:17 pm

how do you ladies know all this? like with the $20 credit and free shipping and the insisting there was no problem? does UD have a forum or something that i missed?
Back to top Go down
xandypants

xandypants

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 2:56 pm

I liked them on facebook and they made an announcement about it there, but I imagine there are loooots of makeup discussion forums where people talk about that kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 3:59 pm

ooooh got'cha! i'm gonna have to do that now too! thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 2:25 pm

Still nothing from UD.
Kind of irritating.
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 7:01 pm

Yeah i'm gettin kinda ticked too. I ordered a week ago and it's 'still processing', even thought they took my money already...grrrrrr.

EDIT: oops, just kidding. i just checked my email and got one from them saying it was shipped. hopefully everything gets here!

EDIT AGAIN: just checked the shipping info, and it says it went out for delivery this morning! mail will be here in about half an hour, so I'll edit this post AGAIN when it gets here to let you ladies know if i got screwed or not! -crosses fingers-

EDIT EDIT EDIT! everything got here! yayayayay! i hope you girls get your money back/your missing products sent asap!

fucking hell, ANOTHER edit: just realized that the tassle was broken off my body powder container. :[ kind of sad, but should be an easy fix w/ some hot glue or something.
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 6:22 pm

"Hello Jamie,

Thank you for your email and recent order. I have checked the history of the order and looks like everything was scanned and included in your order. I apologize that you did not get everything. Since we did not know about the missing items in your order we did not know to contact you to let you know. Please let me know what the exact items you were missing so that if we have any stock of the items we will go ahead and reship them out to you and if we do not have the items we will have to refund the product back to your credit card. If you have any further questions please feel free to reply to this email.
"

really... Everything was scanned? Obviously not. you idiot.
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:27 pm

Okay, so got another email, I will be credited the $6.50, and given a $20 credit and free shipping code. 8-) not bad.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 7:25 pm

yay! its about time they sorted that out. let us know what you end up getting!
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 8:12 pm

I'll probably end up getting the vegan palette
even tho i have most of the shadows.
Mad
Back to top Go down
GinaELIZABETH

GinaELIZABETH

Number of posts : 3116
Name : Gina
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:29 am

not suuuper exciting, but with my birthday money i went to MAC on saturday SmileSmileSmile)Smile

new mineralize skinfinish, blush brush, superslick liquid eyeliner in marked for glamour, and brush cleaner/shampooooo

Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 Weekly-must-have-mac-superslick-liquid-eyeliner&docid=8nhLUuZFl8nJpM&w=513&h=96&ei=JrF4TuarDJHK0AGH1uDkCw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=265&vpy=245&dur=2043&hovh=76&hovw=410&tx=156&ty=38&page=2&tbnh=41&tbnw=219&start=20&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:20
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/onebyonexo
Jayme

Jayme

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 3:19 pm

Oh, how do you like the liner and brush???

went to the CCO
Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 Photo_11
4-full-piece brush set, came with the 187, 263, 168, & 222, and the zipup case thing
$80
Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 Photo_12
Digi-pops green quad, $25. bronzing powder (came with the sun siren look in the box) $40
Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 Photo_13
zoom lash, amber lights, shroom, and 182se, (look in the box stuff)
Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 Photo_14
Sweet Tart superglass $12 and Get Rich Quick dazzleglass (LITB)

yay! obnoxious faces
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 11:13 am

oooooOOOooo i want it all! sweet brush case though, i really dig the pink!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnarCc55pyM
^stuff i bought, plus i need makeup help w/ something i recieved at Sephora!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 11:45 am

1, you are adorable. 2, is the palette worth it? people have been flipping their shit over it for months and I've just been meh about it! and its messed up that the clerk gave you the same broken sharpener...I'd call the manager about that one.

also, is the stuff you got this?? http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P284307&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=3976
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 12:42 pm

d'aww thanks! and so far (I've only had it since yesterday!) i'm freakin' in LOVE with it. i really enjoy using neutral colors and this is like the holy frickin grail of them for me! plus w/ the brush and the mini UDPP you get, it's just a steal! however, i had one of those prepaid gift card things from my birthday worth $25, so in essence i only actually paid $23 for it. i would say if you've got the money and you really like neutrals, go for it!! ususally w/ palettes i end up not liking one or two of the colors, but with this one i can honestly say i will probably use them all.

and YES, that is exactly what i got. so i guess it's like a bronzer kind of? meh, not sure how i feel about that. maybe i'll mix w/ some lotion just to add some sparkle. i'm quite a pale girl, and enjoy it that way!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:38 pm

that's good to know, I was just gonna get the sedona lace 28 neutral palette cos its cheap and has a lot of colours in there: http://www.sedonalace.com/Cosmetics/8/28-Neutral-Palette.aspx

the downside is that it is larger than the naked palette so it can be a bit of a pain when traveling, but the reviews are pretty good and sedona lace is cheaper than coastal scents...I love UD, but I just can't justify paying $48 for that palette Sad I threw out pretty much all of my makeup (most of it was old, barely used and unwanted) so I'm starting my collection from scratch! most of the shades do look very nice though - and considering the quality of the shadows, no wonder everyone loves it!

and yeah, you can totally mix it with lotion and see how you like it. if I had to recommend anything from NARS, it would be their cream blush...heaven in a pan.
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:23 am

ohmygod, you made me lol.
we talk the same, so that is really frickin' funny. Kind of awesome.
anywayyy
the sharpener thing is kindof bogus, just from like a health stand point - thing drops on the floor, germs grab onto thing, you sharpen your liner and said germs come up on your liner, your liner goes to your eye, said germs make love on your eye.
I mean, obviously that can happen anyway, but still, she should have probably just gotten you a new one. that cuntasourus.

What about NYX's Nude on Nude
http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/products/eyes/palettes/nude-nude

swatches

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/get-naked-for-less-with-the-nyx-nude-on-nude-palette/
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:59 pm

oh I remember that one! I remember being kinda turned off by the gloss part on the bottom - I dunno what's wrong with me but I haven't been into lip gloss as much as I used to :\

and hee "make love on your eye" how deliciously awkward for the eye area

edit:: totally forgot to mention. I ordered the 28 neutral palette and 28 blush palette from sedona lace...
then pro longwear foundation (NC45), studio fix powder foundation (NC50), soft ochre paint pot and a black brow pencil from mac...awwright
Back to top Go down
electrikkk

electrikkk

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 12:28 pm

jamie, riiight you're from my neck of the woods! we got that weird midwestern accent thing going on! and yeah right? i don't need no floor germs makin germy babies on my eyes!
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:31 pm

Haha oh, yeah, totally true. Wooo! Midwest~
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:54 pm

Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 Revlon
Revlon Facets of Fuchsia

an exact dupe for
Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 Deborah-lippmann-nail-polish-bad-romance_1
DL's Bad Romance.

&
because it was only $5 and is a pretty glittery top coat
Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 Last-friday-night-opi-nail-polish
OPI Last Friday Night

I'm probably going to go get the milky-nudey-pink Revlon glitter polish
Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 Revlon-Starry-Pink
*w*
so pretty
but the display didn't have it so I couldn't buy it! Boo
also
I have a serious nailpolish problem, and shouldn't buy anymore..
Sad
Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 Revlon-Facets-of-Fuchsia

Last edited by Jayme on Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GinaELIZABETH

GinaELIZABETH

Number of posts : 3116
Name : Gina
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 2:03 pm

ohhhh my goodness i want that first revlon one. that's gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/onebyonexo
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Beauty Shopping Topic.   Official Beauty Shopping Topic. - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Beauty Shopping Topic.
Page 31 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next