The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

another stupid me question?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

another stupid me question? Empty
PostSubject: another stupid me question?   another stupid me question? EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 6:43 pm

Wheres a good place to find tutorials and stuff on simple makeup?

I KNOW I ask stupid questions but mainly I'm looking for eyeliner. Like, I usually just wear it on top but I see people wearing it on the bottom and waterline and stuff but I always feel it looks too heavy. Aaaanyone got any advice?

I know im a complete bum with makeup and you've probably told me before but heeeey you love me right? its...cute? Razz

I just wanna have it on without looking like a complete goff Sad

I don't feel the need to wear foundation of anything...Im not that into makeup and think my skins quite good so it's mainly eye stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: another stupid me question?   another stupid me question? EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 7:39 pm

try an eyeliner on you waterline that isn't black. I've heard navy makes everyones eyes kinda pop, and white makes them look reallly refreshed....or something like that.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: another stupid me question?   another stupid me question? EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 7:42 pm

I've had some good times with navy eyeliner:

another stupid me question? Meandcourtneh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another stupid me question?   another stupid me question? EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 4:21 am

Hmmm, sometimes when I want to define my eyes a bit more but not goover the top, I only line halfway along my waterline and underneath. I pretty much go:

1. Line almost halfway along waterline to about when the edge of the iris starts
2. Line underneath that
3. Clean underneath line up with a cotton bud to get rid of smudges

I'll take a pic later when I'm actually getting ready, and post to show you what I mean.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another stupid me question?   another stupid me question? EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 4:22 am

you could try using silver or grey instead of black? or even green?

or just put a really light line of shadow near your lashes instead of liner?
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: another stupid me question?   another stupid me question? EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 6:26 am

in that pis I posted I just used it under my eyes. when I want some colour, but Im feeling lazy, I use green. rimmel has great colours you may wanna check out.
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: another stupid me question?   another stupid me question? EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 10:19 am

For tutorials, try Specktra or Youtube. I think there's some eyeliner ones in the Focus On section of Specktra's Tutorials.. they have them somewhere I know it!
Youtube is more fun though : P
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: another stupid me question?   another stupid me question? EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 2:48 pm

yeh i joined specktra and looked for tutorials but couldnt find just simple eyeliner. ill look again.

ill practice over my holidays and maybe look for some non-black eyeliner.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: another stupid me question?   another stupid me question? EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 3:39 pm

These are some super simple pencil liner ones, maybe too simple:
http://specktra.net/f279/line-up-eyeliner-tutorials-76961/
Winged liquid liner type thang:
http://specktra.net/f279/liquid-eyeliner-tutorial-76104/
This is one on tightlining:
http://raquel13.com/makeup/tutorials/tightlining/

Not sure if that's exactly what you were looking for but they're still useful : D
Ooh and get a little smudger thang, you can get them on the end of some pencil liners. Good for when you do your liner too harsh cus you can just smudge it and it'll go all "I meant to make it all smokey like this".
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: another stupid me question?   another stupid me question? EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 4:37 pm

Jess wrote:
Hmmm, sometimes when I want to define my eyes a bit more but not goover the top, I only line halfway along my waterline and underneath. I pretty much go:

1. Line almost halfway along waterline to about when the edge of the iris starts
2. Line underneath that

I'll take a pic later when I'm actually getting ready, and post to show you what I mean.

This is the technique we use on people in class to make their eyes stand out heaps- not heavy at all. I'm doing it today, it really widens the eyes and makes 'em look good. It's the standard way to line eyes for everyday make up. A shimmery brown would look awesome on your eyes, Keeks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another stupid me question?   another stupid me question? EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 5:48 pm

Le_Saboteur wrote:
Jess wrote:

2. Line underneath that

This is the technique we use on people in class to make their eyes stand out heaps- not heavy at all. I'm doing it today, it really widens the eyes and makes 'em look good. It's the standard way to line eyes for everyday make up. A shimmery brown would look awesome on your eyes, Keeks.

I didn't mean it was heavy btw, just 'poppy' Wink I didn't know this was a particular technique, but I'm pleasantly surprised!
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: another stupid me question?   another stupid me question? EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 6:05 pm

Yeah, I think most people just pick it up when you use make up a fair bit. Everyone in the class already did it, but the tutors have confirmed it's generally the most effective way to do day-to-day eye liner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: another stupid me question?   another stupid me question? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 9:41 am

i love using bobbi brown gel liner. i have cobalt and violet ones that are amazing! very subtle color but they really make everything pop.it glides on very smooth so its easy to control how much is there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: another stupid me question?   another stupid me question? Empty

Back to top Go down

another stupid me question?
Page 1 of 1