The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rough/dark knees??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

Rough/dark knees?? Empty
PostSubject: Rough/dark knees??   Rough/dark knees?? EmptySun Apr 29, 2007 5:25 am

Rightee-o,
my knees (And elbows, but I don't really mind about them) always get rough in the winter months and it makes them look wayy darker than the rest of my legs which isn't a good look. Anyone got any tips on how I can get em all smooth again?
I got some new body moisturiser but it's the kind with tan in it so I don't wanna use it yet cus it'd make my knees even darker :S

I Googled and it said to get a rough towel and rub it all over your legs in a circular motion till theyre red to stimulate the blood flow and get rid of dead skin cells.. do you think that'd work?

On a side note, I'm going on holiday in july/august for about 4 weeks (Brazil!!!) and I'm buying some Jolen bleach to use before I go.. how long does it last?? cus if it only lasts a few weeks I'll have to do it like the day before I leave. Hopefully the sun'll help it last a tiny bit longer..
Also how much actually comes in one of the small size tubs? Like say I was gunna do my arms (which I'm not cus that's where the lightest hair is haha), would one tub be enough?

Last edited by on Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

Rough/dark knees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough/dark knees??   Rough/dark knees?? EmptySun Apr 29, 2007 5:27 am

I'd maybe try an exfoliator or something which might work better than a towel.
And get some non-tan moisturiser - you can get small bottles or tubes of it (like a sample pack) and use that.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

Rough/dark knees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough/dark knees??   Rough/dark knees?? EmptySun Apr 29, 2007 5:28 am

Yeah exfoliator sounds good.. maybe I'll do both.
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/

Rough/dark knees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough/dark knees??   Rough/dark knees?? EmptySun Apr 29, 2007 6:46 am

Yup AGREED!
EXFOLIATE YOUR KNEES AND ELBOWS DAILY AND APPLY MOISTURISER (maybe try a high intensity one?) MORNING AND NIGHT!
Back to top Go down
fridayni

Rough/dark knees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough/dark knees??   Rough/dark knees?? EmptySun Apr 29, 2007 2:30 pm

ina bobbi brown book it says to cut a lemon in half and put each elbow in for 15-20 minutes, as lemon is a natural lightener, I haven't tried it so I dunno if it works
Back to top Go down

Rough/dark knees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough/dark knees??   Rough/dark knees?? EmptySun Apr 29, 2007 4:20 pm

yea exfoliate or use a loofah on them :]
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

Number of posts : 1676
Name : Mandy!
Registration date : 2007-04-20

Rough/dark knees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough/dark knees??   Rough/dark knees?? EmptySun Apr 29, 2007 6:13 pm

Is anyone else here completely obcessed with exfoliation? I feel like I cant really start my day until I take a long shower and exfoliate. Perhaps Im just a little out there...haha.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mandy.berthold
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Rough/dark knees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough/dark knees??   Rough/dark knees?? EmptySun Apr 29, 2007 7:30 pm

exfoliation of mah face! I have the worst skin, so waa.
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna

Rough/dark knees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough/dark knees??   Rough/dark knees?? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2007 7:21 am

loofah loofah loofah!
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com

Rough/dark knees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough/dark knees??   Rough/dark knees?? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2007 9:24 am

haha x2 or use like..rub sugar on your legs while youre in the shower that works well too
Back to top Go down
pedestri

Rough/dark knees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough/dark knees??   Rough/dark knees?? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2007 12:34 pm

NightmaresOnWax wrote:
Is anyone else here completely obcessed with exfoliation? I feel like I cant really start my day until I take a long shower and exfoliate. Perhaps Im just a little out there...haha.

yeah, I am definitely, but you already knew that. XD

I like to use a pumice stone on my feet regularly, and i love sugar scrubs and loofahs when it comes to just about anywhere else. I dont have the problem of having really dry, dark skin, but i still do it really often.
Back to top Go down
pedestri

Rough/dark knees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough/dark knees??   Rough/dark knees?? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2007 12:37 pm

NightmaresOnWax wrote:

yeah, I am definitely, but you already knew that. XD

I like to use a pumice stone on my feet regularly, and i love sugar scrubs and loofahs when it comes to just about anywhere else. I dont have the problem of having really dry, dark skin, but i still do it really often.
Back to top Go down

Rough/dark knees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough/dark knees??   Rough/dark knees?? EmptyThu May 03, 2007 6:18 pm

i exfoliate those rough areas (including feet!) AND... I use "tattoo goo" on those areas as a moisturizer. its ULTRA hydrating (basically, you're supposed to use it while a new tattoo is healing to keep the skin moisturized all day. its great! smells really good, too. )
Back to top Go down

Rough/dark knees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough/dark knees??   Rough/dark knees?? EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 9:25 pm

I second the lemon idea. Some book this old model wrote said so, but hey, exfoliation's cool too.
Back to top Go down

Rough/dark knees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough/dark knees??   Rough/dark knees?? EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 2:05 pm

exfoliation and coco butter!!!...it's what the black folks use and it's fucking amazing!!!!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

Rough/dark knees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough/dark knees??   Rough/dark knees?? EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 2:19 pm

HECK YES! *fuh`realz*
Back to top Go down

Rough/dark knees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough/dark knees??   Rough/dark knees?? EmptyFri Jun 15, 2007 12:01 pm

you should use vaseline at night n sleep with it on. Feels disgusting but when you wash it off your skin will be really soft and loooovely!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rough/dark knees?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough/dark knees??   Rough/dark knees?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rough/dark knees??
Page 1 of 1