The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.

Go down 
+2
Gloomyjewel
anjelik_dreamin
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. Empty
PostSubject: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 4:06 am

Right basically....

I am BORED of my hair.
I can't colour over it atm cos i have so much dark hair dye in it.
I was wondering if any of you guys could give me recommendations on a good bleach (that would be available in the UK) to use, and approx developing time. I used B Blonde (the one for darker hair) last time and I only used it for small chunks in my hair, I had to leave that in for 2- 2 1/2 hours just to get it to a blondey/ slightly ginger colour... I'm worried that if I used that all over my hair would just give up and die...correct me if I'm wrong or give me tips on this. I would do it in steps but I don't much fancy going to school with orange hair!

Also I need to decide if I am gonna go red (or maybe a Hayley- Paramore combo) or a light brown/ blonde.

Any help would be appreciated and I will change my av. so that you can better see what my hair and skin tone is like Smile (you can't see it much but my hair is more of a brown/red colour and is quite dark)

xx
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 6:31 am

I don't know much about the actual dye process, but I think a caramel brownish blonde would look good on you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 11:42 am

You're probably best to go to a salon for bleaching.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 11:53 am

hmmm yeh i was thinking that but i heard that they will pretty much refuse to do it in one go cos it is such a bad idea...

how much do you reckon it would be?

and i really cba with orangey hair like my friend had when she had hers done gradually at a salon. lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 11:55 am

lol, well if you have a Sallys near you, go there and buy bleach but buy toner to because that stops it going orange/yellow. I dunno which brands though cos Im a salon chick, not a D-I-Y chick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am

lol as a salon chick do you have any idea whether they would do it in one go and how much it would cos on average, cos most salons have around the same prices where ever you go xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 11:59 am

well...I have full head highlights and it took 3 times to get it bleach blonde from like black. And that costs £80 each time. I dont really know how much it would cost for all bleach. You'd probably have to go in for a consulation. And they tell you if they;d do it and how much it would be. Find a salon that you know is reputable or if you like a firends hair find out where they have it done!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 12:03 pm

gosh that's loaaads lol but i guess it's better than having crap hair, i'm gonna talk to my mate who bleaches her own hair and see what she does etc etc cos she has done the dark to bleach blonde thing herself in one weekend, anyone know a quick way to fade hair dye so that i can get it to a more bleach friendly colour? i've tried head and shoulders and baby shampoo and had no luck...
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 12:20 pm

Isn't shampoo with tar or something in it supposed to be good? I think it's tar..
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 1:07 pm

yeh i heard that too. the thing that annoys me is that i was silly enough to dye it dark brown and it really isn't budging and it's permanent...every other permanent dye ive used has faded, this however won't know matter what i try!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 1:09 pm

you may have to get it done professionally.
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 1:41 pm

Just go into superdrug and get pre lightener. test it on a strip so you know how long to leave it in for. if you're dying straight over it in red then you don't really have to worry about it going ginger. if your wanting it to be blonde then try not bleaching it but going gradually and using permanent dark blonde dyes because they will have a certain ammount of peroxide in and so will gradually lighten.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando

PostSubject: Re: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 1:45 pm

thank youuu you lot Smile yeah i've decided that it def isn't worth the risk right now so i will just save some moneys and then get it done professionally cos i like my hair and i know someone that is qualified in colouring so i may ask how long she reckons it will take and see if it is worth investing loads in lol! thank youuuu xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 1:57 pm

but whilst i'm here i might aswell ask, if i were to get my hair cut what do you think i should do to it? i usually have it straight but it's wavy in my av.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 1:59 pm

just get some layers done, especially around your face - it'll still look nice, be it wavy or straight, so you dont have to worry with styling too much!
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 2:40 pm

Yehh.
I'm finding it reaallly hard to resist... can't... resist...

A-LINES ARE FAB, I DID IT, THEN RHIANNA DID IT, THEY MUST BE AWESOME.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 3:23 pm

I think you'd look really cute with a graduated sidey-fringe. and lots of layers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 10:40 am

lol yeh a-lines are smexymaful! and thankies for the advice i like the graduated side fringe suggestion, my fringe grew out a while ago so that's be pretty easy to do! and layers are my love! so thankies atleast now i have an idea of what will suit me! xx
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna

PostSubject: Re: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 12:25 pm

A good thing to do before getting it lightened is wash your hair with dish soap. This helps get the dark colour out of it, and makes the bleaching easier.
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 12:58 pm

whats dish soap? is that like fairy liquid?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 2:08 pm

I think that dishsoap ... is the soap you use for foing the dishes? ... At least that's what I think it is ...
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

PostSubject: Re: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 2:24 pm

Lamia wrote:
I think that dishsoap ... is the soap you use for foing the dishes? ... At least that's what I think it is ...

yep, dish soap is for dishes....kind of like hand soap is for hands....LOL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 2:44 pm

lol awesome i will try that, i may have to do it for a few weeks before it lightens tho cos this hair colour seems to be really stubborn!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 2:45 pm

Aelwyndaeira wrote:
Lamia wrote:

yep, dish soap is for dishes....kind of like hand soap is for hands....LOL!

lol fanx, im such a retard lol x
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

PostSubject: Re: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 2:54 pm

[sweetHEART] wrote:
lol awesome i will try that, i may have to do it for a few weeks before it lightens tho cos this hair colour seems to be really stubborn!

Yep, that's what a hair dresser told me after I bleached my hair and it got fucked up. I had dyed my hair black over and over again for about 5 years....so there was A LOT of dye in there. If you wash it every other day for a few weeks, it'll help with the bleaching product. Just make sure to condition!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.   Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe. Empty

Back to top Go down

Blonde/Light brown or red?! and bleach help again hehe.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Glam Yourself Up! :: Hair-
Jump to: