The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES*

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES* Empty
PostSubject: LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES*   LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES* EmptyThu Dec 27, 2007 1:50 pm

(Mods: Was going to put this in Bulletin Board but then I figured I
wanted more advice than just shops in London but feel free to move)

Yeah.
So I'm going to central London either this weekend or next week to hit the sales. *YAY*

<<QUERY 1>>
But you see, as I have stated on other topics, I am rather awful at
finding the nice clothes I actually want and end up in jeans and zippy
tops. Which is fine but online I NEVAR save pictures of those clothes,
I always pick much nicer stuff and I just can't seem to transfer that
to actual real shopping Sad

Like today on the bus I saw this girl who had on this cream lace
sleeveless top (not the floaty kind) thingy with little black buttons
going down it with a black cardigan on top and a pretty necklace with
three big black flowers on it and it was so pulled together and
awesome..
That is totally the kind of thing I like! But when I see something like
that in a shop I just get scared off and think it won't suit me or I
have nothing to go with it. BLAH!!

So basically does anyone have any advice on.. I can't think of how to phrase it.. basically where am I going wrong? Haha

<<QUERY 2>>
Which clothing shops should I hit in London? All I seem to go to now is
H&M.. I get scared off in Topshop confused2 I dunno I just feel really out
of place in there.. *meep* Also anywhere that will have cheap accesories? I really need some new acessories.. and nice handbags?

If my folder of clothing pics would be of aid for either of my dilemmas, just say and I'll upload them to Photobucket.
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES*   LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES* EmptyThu Dec 27, 2007 1:58 pm

Ok, topshop is so not scary if youre there when everyone is at work or school. Other times yeah it kind of is scary lol!
But primark is going to be equally as scary but its toooo cheap so you get over that fear pretty quick lol you should definetly go to H&M but there is about 3 in Oxford Street so if you cant find what you like in one you will probably find it in the other, and one has a whole floor for the Divided range. Look in Hamleys and Harrods and Selfridges just cos you have to! Espirit and UniQlo are cool too, as is Zara! Also look in Debenhams and John Lewis. Errmm If i think of anymore I'll tell you!

For your first query my plan shopping is to just buy it and try it on when you gert home, (I HATE changing rooms with a passion) and you can always take it back. That way you can see what you have to go with it and you wont regret not buying it!
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES*   LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES* EmptyThu Dec 27, 2007 2:32 pm

ohhhhhhhhhh!! london shopping! amazing!

upload your pics! i bet you have some gorgeous stuff in there.

for not being experimental, i'm totally with you on that. i see someone wearing something i like but can't bring myself to buy it for whatever reason.
could you find some transitional pieces? e.g. this girl was wearing a lace top - what about lookin for a cami with lace around the neckline? so you're kinda stepping away from your uniform but not wayyy outta line.

also

BUY BASICS!
(then you don't have to worry about things not matching!)

- flattering jeans (if you find a pair buy them in every colour and length for flats/heels!)
- camis/tanks
- cardis or basic trend-of-the-moment cut jumpers in black/blue/red etc.
- black/navy blue/brown belts
- scarfs and pashminas!
- cheap flats and ugg-a-likes from primark. they come in 10575 colours and are great for just chucking on with anything.
- silver and gold jewellery
- a well cut jacket. total key piece in any wardrobe.

i'm not sure how much cash you have to spend, but Urban Outfitters is worth checking out. teir jewellery is AMAZING and they do good discount around sale time!

also, Carnaby street! It's just off Oxford Circus and is brilliant for shopping. e.g. all saints, BE.YOU#[K], david and goliath, pepe, american apparel, criminal, fornarina, miss sixty, animal, sweaty betta and the vans store.
just off the main street is kingly courts which is like an outdoor courtyardy thing with like tons of shops over 3 floors. totally worth checking out.

as for topshop, it might be scary but hell, the place is so huge you can't NOT look! why don't you browse the website and see if you can find anything that you like the look of so you have a 'sense of purpose' (for want of a better phrase) and your not aimlessly browsing or feeling paranoid.

as for acessories, are there any markets around central london? could you take the underground to camden (*love!*) for all the kitschy kinda stuff?
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES*   LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES* EmptyThu Dec 27, 2007 5:22 pm

ok for trying new things and experimenting, I say just go for it. What I do, is I read magazines, I go on sites like thehighstreet and stylemob and find outfits I like. I then think "ok, how would I wear that?" and think about what I have that could make it up or what basics I could get. You could always get a little pocket notebook and keep it in your bag for writing stuff down.

So maybe go on some sites and get some outfit ideas you like.

If youre "scared" about taking a step, like the floaty top with stuff, maybe get just a basic vest top and a cardi and start there. Go to places like primark if you're not sure. Paying 6quid for something youre not sure about is better than paying 30 in topshop or something. I;ve bought some "hmmm" stuff from primark and i have ended up liking it thankfully but if I hadn't it's no big deal.

I agree in investing in basics. I bought a black cardi and a grey one a few months ago it I have worn them so much recently. I need to buy new ones. Best things ever.

I say just go for it. BE BRAVE! dont be scared to try stuff on. really. dont be. you have to try it on, dont just buy or cast it aside.

also, new look's sale is amazing. i dont usually shop there that often but have got some gorgeous stuff in there this weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

PostSubject: Re: LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES*   LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES* EmptyFri Dec 28, 2007 5:47 am

Thanks girls, yeah I think I just need to try more stuff on!
Ava, I'll try and go to Carnaby Street, sounds like it has an awful lot of clothing stores. I'm usually around Oxford Circus at some point in the day when I go to London so yeah.

Last edited by on Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

PostSubject: Re: LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES*   LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES* EmptyFri Dec 28, 2007 11:49 am

Here are the pics, maybe you could tell me which
shops are definitely not going to have what I like/shops which
definitely will?
That would be really helpful cus of all the crowds
around January sales time.

Here we go:
TOPS (As you can see I really want some empire waistline stuff)

BOTTOMS (Want some nice trousers)

RandomBits
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES*   LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES* EmptyFri Dec 28, 2007 4:09 pm

try new look for tops. i got some cute ones slightly similar to some of what you posted for about £3 each :] just basic - not tshirts but cute tops.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
abercrombie

abercrombie

PostSubject: Re: LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES*   LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES* EmptyFri Dec 28, 2007 4:31 pm

h&m and topshop would be great for the bottoms you've posted. i saw a ton of ra ra skirts in both and h&m is skinny haven!

the tayloring of the jacket is very zara-eque and for the pumps i'd probably hit schuh for the irregular choice section.

i love the tops you picked out! lots of a&f! Wink also, is the (3rd row from the bottom, second from the right) navy one with spotty neckline and bow from republic? i looked for that yesterday to no avail! Sad
topshop has a lot of empire line stuff in the sales, basics for £5. and cardi/jumper things with the buttons too.
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

PostSubject: Re: LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES*   LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES* EmptySat Dec 29, 2007 11:37 am

Thanks ladies, I'll be trying those shops, especially since I don't usually bother with Topshop and New Look.

Ava yeah I really love the stuff on the A&F site, so expensive though! I saw a girl the other day with one of the caramel coloured empire line jumpers on the other day..
No idea where that tops from, I don't think it was Republic though.
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

PostSubject: Re: LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES*   LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES* EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 3:37 pm

YAYYY I'M GOING TOMORROW YAYYY!!!
Wish me luck, I hope my shopping endurance is alright tomorrow. When I went to Uxbridge I went into like two shops and lost all enthusiasm.
I went on quite a few websites and looked at the sale stuff just so I'd have an idea of what I can find for cheap in each store. New Look in particular.
Ava, if you're online (I think you are), are the shops in the three floor thingy good? Because if not I'm not going to bother going over to Carnaby Street cus my dad'll have a moan if I don't find anything there after bugging him about it..
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES*   LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES* EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 3:46 pm

Good God, that coat you posted is one of the most gorgeous things I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

PostSubject: Re: LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES*   LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES* EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 3:48 pm

hey! stalker! :p

okay, here's the link to the carnaby street area.
All you do is roll over the 'blocks' that you want to have a closer look at, either on the big picture or the little one at the top left if it's easier. click and it'll come up with all the shops and the location of them for you!

Also, Kingly Court is the bright yellow section on the map which is the multi story bit.

Also, when you enlarge the map so you can read the shop names, if you click on the shops and it'll load a new page which tells you a bit about the shop and if they have a website they'll give you a link.

Sooo in a roundabout way, what i'm saying is have a look and see if you're into what they sell there! i loved all the stuff when i went but all our tastes are different!

hope you have a great time though! im very very jeaous! you better go to topshop lady! Wink
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

PostSubject: Re: LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES*   LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES* EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 3:48 pm

I knoww, it's completely drool worthy.. I love the ruffles.
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

PostSubject: Re: LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES*   LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES* EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 3:52 pm

Sorry dp

Ava after looking I may have to go there just for the Made In Brazil shop. I really liked some of the brands they had in Brazil..
Also those vintage shops and quirky accessory stores seem worth the walk also.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down

LondonShoppingSalesClothes*EXPLODES*
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Fashion Gossip :: General Chat-
Jump to: