The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Perfect Girl Evolution Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Perfect Girl Evolution Review Empty
PostSubject: Perfect Girl Evolution Review   Perfect Girl Evolution Review EmptyTue Dec 18, 2007 12:39 pm

So I just watched pretty much the full run of Perfect Girl Evolution, and I have to say... I think I'm in love. I mean this is an anime with: Horror references, crossdressing pretty boys, a makeover, and really amazing art (when they're not taking the shitty animation route)

The plot centers around Sunako Nakahara a gore obsessed and atypical young woman who believes herself to be hideously ugly, but in typical ugly duckling story fashion, she is in fact stunningly beautiful. Her eccentric ways are threatened when her bonvivant aunt makes a bet with four jawdroppingly pretty boys over whether or not they can turn the morbid Sunako into a proper lady.

Sunako Post-Makeover:
Perfect Girl Evolution Review Wallflower01.jpg.w300h450

Sunako's unusual behavior is linked to an incident in high school during which she confessed her love to a young man and he rejected her as "ugly" after said incident she simply stopped trying.

Eventually, Sunako develops a love interest with one of the boys (Kyouhei) despite that looking directly at him gives her a nose bleed. I won't give you anymore spoilers, but I will highly suggest you pick up a copy here.

Title: The Wallflower, Perfect Girl Evolution
Genre: Comedy, Anime, Romance
Child Safety: Too angsty
Rating: 4 1/2 out of 5

Originally posted at my blog: http://bohemianizationfetish.blogspot.com/2007/12/perfect-girl-evolution-review.html
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Girl Evolution Review   Perfect Girl Evolution Review EmptyTue Dec 18, 2007 1:29 pm

Ohh, I've read the manga before, it's one of my friends favorite.
But the art on the DVD cover looks to generic for me, the art in the manga is amazing though!
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Girl Evolution Review   Perfect Girl Evolution Review EmptyTue Dec 18, 2007 11:28 pm

Looks pretty cool.

Tbh, I haven't seen any mindblowingly awesome anime (in terms of animation)... ever, really. The art on the cover of Gilgamesh looks good, but I've never bothered to follow it up.

*wanders off to look at Perfect Girl Evolution stuffs*
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Girl Evolution Review   Perfect Girl Evolution Review EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 4:43 am

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo has a wonderful style...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Girl Evolution Review   Perfect Girl Evolution Review EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 3:18 pm

gilgamesh and lain are both good kendra Wink

and yeah the art looks generic to me as well on this one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Girl Evolution Review   Perfect Girl Evolution Review EmptyThu Dec 20, 2007 7:40 am

I personally find the character design to be rather cute.
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Girl Evolution Review   Perfect Girl Evolution Review EmptyThu Dec 20, 2007 7:05 pm

I think the character design/style is much better in the manga, as it usually is, but when it comes to anime some parts of the style get lost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Girl Evolution Review   Perfect Girl Evolution Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Perfect Girl Evolution Review
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Entertainment :: Tv & Movies-
Jump to: