The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bath Bombs/Bath Fizzies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Bath Bombs/Bath Fizzies Empty
PostSubject: Bath Bombs/Bath Fizzies   Bath Bombs/Bath Fizzies EmptySun Dec 02, 2007 3:01 pm

Okay, so I LOVE LOVE LOVE bath bombs and salts and specialty soaps. So, Grant and I are making our own (he's currently crafting soap as I type).

I just finished putting bath bombs into "molds". Here is the recipe I used:

Ingredients:
1 cup citric acid
1 1/2 cups baking soda
1/2 cup epsom salts
1 tsp extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
1 tsp rose essential oil (can substitute for another scent)
1 tsp lavender essential oil (can substitute for another scent)
Some dried rose petals and lavender buds ground up (I used a mini coffee grinder that I reserve for herb grinding).

Also need:
1 spray bottle with cold water
1 large mixing bowl (glass if you plan to use the bowl for food after, plastic if you reserve the bowl for bath bomb making)
wooden spoon
11 or 12 paper or Styrofoam cups (cut down to about 1-2 inches tall)--these will be your molds

Method:
Mix olive oil and essential oils in the small bowl with a wooden spoon.

Mix citric acid, baking soda and epsom salts in large bowl with your hands. Don't inhale! Citric acid can burn your nose and throats a bit.

Once it is fine and not lumpy, add the oil mixture and mix with hands. If you find it isn't wet enough, spray a bit of water and mix quickly (don't let the citric acid fizz too much). Mix and mix, add water as needed. The final result should be able to be squished into a ball and hold it's shape.

Put a bit of the rose petal/lavender bud mix into the bottom of the "molds", then press the mixture firmly into the mold, filling it up. Press hard, making sure the mixture is tightly packed. Put on a flat surface and cover with wax paper or parchment, and let sit for 24-48 hours.

---------------

I'll test one once they are dried, and let you know how they work! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Bath Bombs/Bath Fizzies   Bath Bombs/Bath Fizzies EmptySun Dec 02, 2007 3:16 pm

Ooooh`this sounds like fun. Too bad I hate baths...
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

PostSubject: Re: Bath Bombs/Bath Fizzies   Bath Bombs/Bath Fizzies EmptySun Dec 02, 2007 3:23 pm

We made sea kelp and chamomile bars (good for sensitive/allergic skin), and lavender and peppermint bars (they're in massager-shaped molds, great for getting rid of aches and pains and relaxing).

Smile Yay, soap making!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: Bath Bombs/Bath Fizzies   Bath Bombs/Bath Fizzies EmptySun Dec 02, 2007 3:23 pm

so do I...once someone's out of the shower, the tub floor looks so gross, I wouldn't even think to consider placing my ass down in there - even when its been bleached twice over, because once I went in there and a damn spider fell from the heavens and tried to eat me. then a bug was in there, so its like, fuck relaxation. I'll eat a special k bar and make Gardner rub my feet. now that's the good life, mhm.

but what molds did you use? just regular styrofoam cups or specialty molds?
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

PostSubject: Re: Bath Bombs/Bath Fizzies   Bath Bombs/Bath Fizzies EmptySun Dec 02, 2007 4:20 pm

PolyphonicThought wrote:
so do I...once someone's out of the shower, the tub floor looks so gross, I wouldn't even think to consider placing my ass down in there - even when its been bleached twice over, because once I went in there and a damn spider fell from the heavens and tried to eat me. then a bug was in there, so its like, fuck relaxation. I'll eat a special k bar and make Gardner rub my feet. now that's the good life, mhm.

but what molds did you use? just regular styrofoam cups or specialty molds?

for the soaps we used soap molds. For the fizzies, I used styrofoam cups that were cut down.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Bath Bombs/Bath Fizzies   Bath Bombs/Bath Fizzies EmptySun Dec 02, 2007 4:24 pm

makes me wanna have a bath too.

i was clearly sick and feverish the other day because i had two! only because i was ridiculous and couldnt have stood up in the shower.

i have a craft book with some stuff like this in it. if i remember, ill type them up for you guys.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bath Bombs/Bath Fizzies   Bath Bombs/Bath Fizzies Empty

Back to top Go down

Bath Bombs/Bath Fizzies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Arts & Crafts :: Crafts-
Jump to: