The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

tongue piercing?

Go down 
+2
Aelwyndaeira
anjelik_dreamin
6 posters
AuthorMessage

tongue piercing? Empty
PostSubject: tongue piercing?   tongue piercing? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 2:51 am

Im interested in getting one and was wondering, would it affect my singing or my speech much?

i know all the dangers with teeth and stuff and if i or my dentist sees it wreaking havoc in there i'll remove it. my teeth mean more than any piercing to me.
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica
Registration date : 2007-03-28

tongue piercing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: tongue piercing?   tongue piercing? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 3:56 am

I don't no shit about tongue piercings, but a lot of girls with their tongues pierced seem to sound like idiots. And if you want to sing, i would be especially weary.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna

tongue piercing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: tongue piercing?   tongue piercing? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 6:24 am

My sister has a tongue piercing, and only talked funny for the first few weeks of having it in. She rarely plays with it with her tongue and teeth (which is why people end up having teeth damage).

I'm not sure why some people permanently lisp when they get one....I know quite a few people with them, and none of them lisp. In fact, you wouldn't even notice they had them if they didn't tell you.
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com

tongue piercing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: tongue piercing?   tongue piercing? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 8:40 am

it has to be done in a really specific place (my friend is a singer, too and was thinking seriously about getting one). too far foward and you get a lisp, to far back and you have other speaking issues. make sure the person you go to has done alot of successful ones!
Back to top Go down

tongue piercing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: tongue piercing?   tongue piercing? EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 10:30 pm

thanks girls Smile

and yeah i'll keep asking around
Back to top Go down
witch_lilly

witch_lilly

Number of posts : 908
Name : Ruth

tongue piercing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: tongue piercing?   tongue piercing? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 10:27 am

I have my tongue pierced. They froze it and it didn't hurt at all. My speech was a bit funny for like 2 days but it was totally fine after that. I work in a call centre and that envolves alot of talking and I was totally fine. Go for it x
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

tongue piercing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: tongue piercing?   tongue piercing? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 10:40 am

my mum has one...well, had one; and her speech was awkward for a few days, and as soon as it healed, her speech was perfection. so I wouldnt fret. just go to a decent parlor.
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa

tongue piercing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: tongue piercing?   tongue piercing? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 11:14 am

I didn't have any problems with mine, other than eating spicy spaghetti the night I got it pierced.. I sing a lot, and I work a register at work so I have to talk to people. I don't have any speech issues unless I use the giant plastic ball ends, because I'm not used to them and they feel heavier than the ones I've got. I just switched the small ends from the bar they pierced me with to whatever shorter bar I want, and if I want a decorated top, I leave the smaller bottom.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com

tongue piercing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: tongue piercing?   tongue piercing? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 11:57 pm

now i just need to convince my mum x.x
Back to top Go down
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian

tongue piercing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: tongue piercing?   tongue piercing? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2007 6:16 pm

It might affect you'r speech and singing for a few days till you're used to it..But after that, providing it's properly placed, you should be fine..But yeh, shite piercers that don't know what they're doing can put it in the wrong place and you can end up with a lisp.

It might damage you'r teeth a little. As long as you're careful not to rattle the jewellery off them you should be ok. But the temptation is huge..I wanted my tongue done but I have my web done and I still manage to rattle that off my teeth without realising..
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-
Sponsored content

tongue piercing? Empty
PostSubject: Re: tongue piercing?   tongue piercing? Empty

Back to top Go down

tongue piercing?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Glam Yourself Up! :: Body Modifications-
Jump to: