The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Puffy needs help!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! EmptyMon Nov 12, 2007 10:19 pm

So I'm turning to my girlies for advice!

I just made a post earlier about stuff I needed:

Quote :
- kabuki
- mini kabuki
- face primer
- shadow primer
- bronzer
- powder blusher
- mini brush kit

I've found the kits and a kabuki to try already,
and I can make do with finding a blusher on my own,

which leaves me with bronzer, shadow primer, and face primer.

here's the thing:

I hate shimmer. with my oily skin, it washes me out. I need a matte/semi matte bronzer just for contouring or when I'd like to glow. I dont want anything too dark, since Im dark enough; but not anything too light that you can't see it, either.

as of a primer for face, I just need something that can banish my oily skin and keep me looking fresh! I'm using Studio Fix as a foundation now, and at the end of the day, even with blotting sheets, its a lot to keep looking clean and radiant between 3 straight classes.

for eyes, I may go back to my WnW creme shadow for a shadow base, but I'm always willing to try something new. thing is, I'd like something matte as a base - yes, I know, Im a matte freak. dont judge me! Razz

and I've been going for more neutral looks at school [soft plums, light pinks, browns and taupes] so don't start rambling about paints and smudges. they're fun, but not what I need right now!

and no, I cant afford anything expensive. nothing high end, basically. yes, I know that narrows it down a lot, but since I was basically fired two months ago, its hard for me to do anything!

and if you can, post pics of whatever you're describing/posting about [if you can find them, dearies!]. that'll help me narrow it down til I decide!

thanks for any help, loves!
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! EmptyMon Nov 12, 2007 10:32 pm

You know what I'm gonna say....Fyrinnae! They have bronzers in shimmer, sparkle...anddddddddd MATTE! I personally haven't tried them but MUA gave them a 5...granted it was a single reviewer, but hey! I'm not too sure about the mainstream brands, they could be a little more on the sparkly side.

As for eye base, I use Fyrinnae's but i wouldn't say it's great. It sorta does the job, and for the price it's a steal, but i think there's stuff a LOT better out there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! EmptyMon Nov 12, 2007 10:33 pm

Ok. For eye shadow primer, I think I said somewhere in Glam that I use a concealer. Usually I'll just dab on the yellow concealer I use to try and hide my under-eye circles, and that works well. I've also got something by Neutrogena that I use, and that's a concealer, too. NYX has some concealers that I've been meaning to look into, I believe.

NYX also has some mosaic powders that could be really interesting. And they have three shades of bronzers, with pretty little pictures on them. I like my new Rimmel bronzer, though.

For oil fix, I have no idea.. I'll be looking forward to that answer, too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! EmptyMon Nov 12, 2007 10:34 pm

nivea cream for shadow primer!!

i swear by it.

its my bitch.

and thanks for the yellow concealer comment liz! what brand is it cos i have massive under eye circles (thankyou yr 12)
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! EmptyMon Nov 12, 2007 10:42 pm

It's Physician's formula. I've also got the green, which is really good for the redness around my nose.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! EmptyMon Nov 12, 2007 10:43 pm

Ive tried concealer but thanks to allergies and all, my lids are oily, and eat through concealer in about five minutes, really. so any face creams/concealers dont work on me.

mainstream brands are really shimmery, which is why Im here! I saw one PF bronzer worth looking at, so I'll check that out next time I have some cash flow.

also, I cant order anything online, Jess! if I could, Id actually try them but I never got to go through my plans of a savings account and all thanks to HT.

and oil problem...

at the end of the day, my face looks gross and chalky on my cheeks. everywhere else Im fine, except there! plus, because my classes are boring, I nap on my hands [those desks = pure filth] so that helps it rub off. I want something that can keep my face OIL FREE for 12 hours or more, so I only have to reapply once or twice instead of 4+ times during the day!
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! EmptyMon Nov 12, 2007 10:44 pm

Ok. For your Christmas present, I'm gonna try and find some eye primers for you. I think I'll get you the Urban Decay one, but the rest I'll try to find something cheaper that you can get if you like it.
Back to top Go down

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! EmptyMon Nov 12, 2007 10:45 pm

i know this is a wierd question but apart from the oilyness do you ahve good skin?

and what facial cleansing/toning/moisturising products are you using?
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! EmptyMon Nov 12, 2007 10:52 pm

well, Im still sending you HT shadows, discount or no!
and my fav mascara since I was a lad Very Happy

I have combo skin, lily. dry on the outside, oily on the t-zone. I need a new cleanser, but Ive been using my Body Clear body scrub by neutrogena on my face when I shower [or in mornings when Im rushing] and I moisturize where I need to and a little on my oily spots. I dont start makeup until the moisturizer is fully absorbed. my moisturizer is by ambi, a brand for dark skin.

oh, and for you ladies looking for a new balm,
try Blistex Lip Infusion - Soothing Splash.

someone stole my goddamn aquafina, and its been discontinued;
so I had to get a replacement!

I bought the medicated one, and its nice. when you let it stay out for a while, the roller ball is cold which gives amazing relief. it doesnt last as long as my aquafina, because its a thinner formula, but its still nice. its also very tiny and compact, so it can even fit into that tiny pocket you find to be useless on your jeans. it was worth the 2 bucks!

...goddamn, cant even ask for advice without doin a review.
Back to top Go down

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! EmptyMon Nov 12, 2007 10:55 pm

have you tried using clean and clear facial scrub?

i used to be kind of oily and it was banished after about a week of using that stuff...

hmmm

if you're skin isn't pimply at all, why not try just putting a tiiiny bit of powder over your oily zones?, i mean, you don't -have- to wear foundation every day Razz
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! EmptyMon Nov 12, 2007 11:59 pm

clean and clear is my holy grail - remember my sticky about it, when I did the full list of reviews? sadly, I havent had the money for it.

my skin breaks out when it wants to [like now] or if Ive forgotten to remove makeup, and even with a good cleanser, Im still oily within the hour. my combo skin doesnt like to behave.

and my foundation is a powder foundation, because its too much for me to deal with a liquid every day. its light enough, but my oil eats though the powder just like *that*. I cant even really wear blusher because of it. that's why I need a really good primer.
Back to top Go down

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 12:51 am

oh shit some brand just brought out a primer:fundation combo

and my STUPID BRAIN

can't remember
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 2:57 am

Maybelline has one.
Back to top Go down

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 3:22 am

thats the one!!

thankyou jesssiepoooo
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 5:46 am

so does covergirl.
but is there anything I can buy that DOESNT mix with a liquid foundation? this stuff kinda isnt helping me ;-;
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 5:48 pm

The only good products I use are from Fyrinnae, so i really have no idea puffy, especially with all your different american brands and all. Sorry!
Back to top Go down

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 6:58 pm

i shall go to priceline tomorrow and ransack the shelves with my camera for you
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 8:45 pm

Puffy is considering:

this bronzer, because its matte and mineral, so it wont make me break out.

this bronzer, because its a matte powder with VERY LIGHT gold particles, which will pick up the golden tones in my skin

this blusher in "nude glow" and "blushing glow", because they're mineral and perfect for everyday.

Im leaning torwards the first bronzer, and Im head over heels for the blushers, but I'd like some opinions. :]

Last edited by on Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 9:13 pm

I had the regular face powder version of the first one and I really liked it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
PolyphonicThought

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 9:28 pm

it looked really nice to me - like, it wouldnt be too dark. if I could, I'd buy all four, but that would be about $50 and I dont have that kind of money.

the second bronzer looks nice cos the shimmer isnt that overbearing. but Im not so sure!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 3:24 pm

UPDATE!

I tested both of the bronzers in store,
and they were too light.

...WAY too light.
didnt even look like a bronzer.

so, as you can imagine, I was pretty pissed. PF only proved that not only do they not make my shade in foundation/concealer/powders, they dont even make decent bronzer shades for darker skin tones. very disappointing.

I will say that I THINK Ive found one thats dark enough; the one with the pearls. so we'll see...

and I may have found a face primer, by sally hansen! its an areosol one, like spray foundation. super excited. can anyone find me some reviews on those? n.n

Ive also found really GOOD brush sets. cant wait to snag those, either! n.n
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2007 3:31 pm

here's one on MUA
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=89215/Line_Smoothing_Airbrush_Primer/Sally_Hansen/Primer/_Corrector
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 2:35 am

http://www.fyrinnae.com/index.php?cPath=57
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 2:37 am

Puffy said online is a no go zone. That's what i would have said too. I want it heaps!
Back to top Go down

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 2:41 am

oh woops

i should have re read the first post

sirry rirry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Puffy needs help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puffy needs help!   Puffy needs help! Empty

Back to top Go down

Puffy needs help!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next