The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

best color for contouring

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

best color for contouring Empty
PostSubject: best color for contouring   best color for contouring EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 11:28 am

hello, it's me again! I have a tendency to ask tons of questions, so please forgive me. I want to start contouring my cheeks, but I don't know what color to choose from. I have got pale skin with a pink/ruddy tone to it. I usually use a yellow/green corrector powder to even the skin tone. For normal blush, it's either a pink or a peach color. I've seen contour colors used for pale skin in a medium brown, but is that too dark?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: best color for contouring   best color for contouring EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 12:16 pm

I've been using Bare Escentuals' Warmth. It works but gets too dark easily, so you've got to really work with it. I've got very very pink/blotchy but pale skin.
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: best color for contouring   best color for contouring EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 3:51 pm

I use a light brown eyeshadow, and find it works really well, and blends nicely with peachy/pink blushes (I just blend really well, and then go over with a light dusting of powder).
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: best color for contouring   best color for contouring EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 8:48 pm

I use a brown powder that's made more for bronzing than anything else. Like Warmth, the colour builds really quickly, so you have to blend it like crazy Very Happy I have quite pale skin, pretty neutral in tone.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: best color for contouring   best color for contouring EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 9:08 pm

medium browns are perfect. here's a video of leesha's daily face. look at what she uses to contour - its really dark, but with a decent brush, it blends out fairly nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO3n3as8ooI

just experiment and see what works for you, love!
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa

PostSubject: Re: best color for contouring   best color for contouring EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 9:14 pm

I just got the palest bronzer by Rimmel today, I think it's Sun Light? And I put some on when I got home, and it does its job. I don't look like I got attacked by a tanning bed, and I don't look like I've got dirt smudges on my face. I think this'll be what I get from now on, it's good for my pale skin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: best color for contouring   best color for contouring EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 9:59 pm

She has just the perfect amount of contouring going on, there.

Definitely play around with different stuff. The first time I tried contouring, I looked like a drag queen. Not a good one, either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: best color for contouring   best color for contouring EmptySat Nov 10, 2007 3:01 am

yea i would say like a pale-medium bronzer. Brown is the best colour to use though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best color for contouring   best color for contouring Empty

Back to top Go down

best color for contouring
Page 1 of 1