The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Favorite video game of all time?

Go down 
+5
Kirsty
shadowsforsale
Le_Saboteur
PolyphonicThought
GinaELIZABETH
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Favorite video game of all time? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite video game of all time?   Favorite video game of all time? EmptyThu Nov 08, 2007 10:01 pm

I would have to say that mine is one from the super Nintendo, Chrono Trigger, with God of War and any Final Fantasy coming in a close second and third.

What's ya'll's?
Back to top Go down
GinaELIZABETH

GinaELIZABETH

Number of posts : 3116
Name : Gina
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Favorite video game of all time?   Favorite video game of all time? EmptyThu Nov 08, 2007 10:03 pm

Mario Kart or Mario Party. Hands down.

Then, I would say DDR or Guitar Hero.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/onebyonexo
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Favorite video game of all time?   Favorite video game of all time? EmptyThu Nov 08, 2007 10:10 pm

DDR, for sure. its the only game that makes me seriously happy, no matter what mood Im in.

and that smooth moves game for wii? super fun. :]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite video game of all time?   Favorite video game of all time? EmptyThu Nov 08, 2007 10:20 pm

Mariokart is great, hours of fun. Easily my favorite multiplayer game. I still have to get Double Dash for the gamecube, never played it.

And they have a new mario party out for the wii, I've always enjoyed it, but I've never been able to wrangle up enough people that enjoy it to play with me. ;-;
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: Favorite video game of all time?   Favorite video game of all time? EmptyThu Nov 08, 2007 10:24 pm

aww srsly? I didnt know that! if you still have it I'll play whenever youre ready Very Happy

oh, and I forgot to mention MORTAL KOMBAT. numtastic.
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite video game of all time?   Favorite video game of all time? EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 1:34 am

Ugh, that's a really hard choice. I'm going to have to settle for a three way tie between Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy VIII and... Baldur's Gate, I think, but that's rolling every Baldur's Gate into one gargantuan game like I've done. If that's against the 'rules', then just the first two.

Close runners up are Kingdom Hearts I, Final Fantasy X and Neverwinter Nights I and II (when, again, including expansions and stuffs).

Damn me, I look like a total nerdface.
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa

PostSubject: Re: Favorite video game of all time?   Favorite video game of all time? EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 1:51 am

Diablo or the expansions are the only games I played with any regularity.. but Neverwinter Nights was fun, when I was in St. Louis.. I want to play Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 10, though I'd settle for watching them played.. ummmm, Windwaker? That's... um.. Link.. bah. I can't remember. Whatever that series is. It's late. I'm tired.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Favorite video game of all time?   Favorite video game of all time? EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 2:25 am

YES A NWN FAN! If you weren't practically marked by Puffy, Lizzybee, I would so take you as my main laday.

And eight is totally the best of those three, although ten was awesome as well. Seven was cool, but it wasn't as great as a lot of people make it out to be.

Edit: *nudge* You mean Legend of Zelda?
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa

PostSubject: Re: Favorite video game of all time?   Favorite video game of all time? EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 2:35 am

Yep. Zelda. That's the one.

And, off topic, Josh got me to agree to cosplaying characters from 7 and 10-2.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Favorite video game of all time?   Favorite video game of all time? EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 3:38 am

super nintendo; the lion king
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Favorite video game of all time?   Favorite video game of all time? EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 4:46 am

rawr I dont really play any "good" games. My total favourite, so much so Sam gave me his ds and the game, is Warioware:Touched! on the ds >.< I play it all the time.

Aside from that, Katamari Demacy and Kingdom Hearts. Is one of my games allowed to be a game I suck at but like watching? Becaise KH I tried and failed at, but I watched Sam play it and it's so puuurdy! lol.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Favorite video game of all time?   Favorite video game of all time? EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 10:14 am

I can't pick one. Not because it's too hard but because some of them were a very long time ago so I don't know which is best! But it would be one of the following:

Elite Beat Agents (DS) <<Best game on DS EVARR
Spyro 1 or 3 (PS2)
Tony Hawks Underground 1 (PS2)
Harry Potter 1 or 2 (PS2)
-------------------------------
Top non-gamers game:
Singstar (PS2)
-------------------------------
Top game from the games I've watched my dad play:
Call of Duty (XBOX)
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Favorite video game of all time?   Favorite video game of all time? EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 10:22 am

Gotta love my Donkey Kong!
Back to top Go down
asoftrevolution

asoftrevolution

Number of posts : 979
Name : Kat
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Favorite video game of all time?   Favorite video game of all time? EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 10:32 am

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is my all time favorite.
Twilight Princess was really good too.
Sims 2 is pretty addicting.
Halo 2-3 are amazing.

ummm. i really liked Kingdom Hearts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite video game of all time?   Favorite video game of all time? EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 12:01 pm

Yeah, the Lion King was the bomb. And you know, the hardest boss I've ever played is actually Jafar from the Aladin game.

Baldur's Gate is awesome, but I've only played the first one on the computer. Anyone like Dark Alliance I and II for the PS2? They were good ports, I think.

Also, If you like the Ports of Baldurs Gate, you should try a game called Champions of Norrath and Champions: Return to Arms. They're great. Anyway, I have a load of favorite games, actually, and I'm going to break them down my category:

FPS (First Person Shooter): XIII (PS2.)

Hack N Slash: God of War series (PS2. God of War 3 is only for PS3. I'm really pissed off about this..)

Platform: Definitely The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. (Wii.)

RPG: Crono Trigger. Anyone that hasn't played it really should. (SNES)

Side Scrolling: Castlevania, SOTN. (Best game ever, but not nessicarily my favorite.) (PS1)

Run N Gun: Killswitch (Ps2) I think this is an unknown jewel, actually.

There, now I've said it. Also, do we not have any Sonic fans?
He is usually very popular. I've played Singstar and love it! I sing so terrible, and it's great for a laugh. Also, Elite Beat Agents is the best game for the DS other than

POKEMON.

I was seriously addicted to that crap for years, and the new one is just as addicting. And Katamari is one of the best games ever! Rolling objects into a giant ball rules!
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

PostSubject: Re: Favorite video game of all time?   Favorite video game of all time? EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 12:30 pm

I liked Sonic on DS (sonic rush or something? I dunno) Wayyyy too easy, though.
And I liked Sonic Heroes the first time I played it but the second time I bought it it was just bleh and boring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite video game of all time?   Favorite video game of all time? EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 3:18 pm

for N64- Mario Party, Pokemon Stadium, KIRBY!!!, Zelda and the ocarina of time

For Xbox (original)- Sudeki, Jade Empire, SIMS, Amped, SSX Tricky and uhh.... that's it I think.
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Favorite video game of all time?   Favorite video game of all time? EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 10:35 pm

Sonic is so much harder than I remember it. We got the Sonic Mega Collection for the PS2 a few months ago and I got so frustrated (happens a lot with platform games for me, haha) with it. Just, the controls are so sticky! Don't get me wrong, I loves me some speedy blue hedgehog, but it's... difficult. I'm incredibly anal about Sonic, though, it's the only game where I try to get everything.

My favourite side scrolling game would probably be Jazz Jackrabbit. Dunno if anyone remembers that or not... It was a while ago, but damn, it was awesome.

As for the Dark Alliance games, I thought they were okay. I played through one, but didn't find it particularly thrilling. It was still pretty fun, though, not much of a 'real' roleplaying game- fits in well with games like Final Fantasy, except it's not as kickass, obviously.

Oh, I forgot to mention Fable. THAT game was fun. Like, crazy fun, even The Lost Chapters ended way too quickly for me.

Okay, so biting the bullet, I would say Final Fantasy XII is my favourite of all time- I'm 110 hours into it and am nowhere near finished. It's still my first time going through the game and apparently I've missed out on heaps of stuff (aka fat lootz) because I never stole from the right people, or opened the wrong chests. Curses.

Still, the story is so epic! It's like reading a book.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Favorite video game of all time?   Favorite video game of all time? EmptySat Nov 10, 2007 3:26 am

Gloomyjewel wrote:
I liked Sonic on DS (sonic rush or something? I dunno) Wayyyy too easy, though.
And I liked Sonic Heroes the first time I played it but the second time I bought it it was just bleh and boring.

eeew i bought that. i played it a few times and its soooo shit.
and its so shit its not even worth trading in because i would hardly get anything.
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

PostSubject: Re: Favorite video game of all time?   Favorite video game of all time? EmptySat Nov 10, 2007 2:06 pm

(if you're talking about heroes)
Hahaha I know! The second time I played it I was like
WTF? How did I ever enjoy this?
You just kind of go forwards till you're at the end of the level then sit through a cut scene and do it all over again..

but if you're talking about the DS one I lurveee it
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Favorite video game of all time?   Favorite video game of all time? EmptySat Nov 10, 2007 2:22 pm

no im talking about the ds one.
its utter bullshit. id rather get my gamegear out and play old sonic
Back to top Go down
witch_lilly

witch_lilly

Number of posts : 908
Name : Ruth

PostSubject: Re: Favorite video game of all time?   Favorite video game of all time? EmptySun Nov 11, 2007 11:13 am

You guys all have great taste in games!!

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is actually the fucking bomb.

So is Chrono Trigger - although I only played that later in life on the PC.

Also totally love Final Fantasy 7 and 8 =)

My all time favourite is resident evil 4 Razz
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

PostSubject: Re: Favorite video game of all time?   Favorite video game of all time? EmptySun Nov 11, 2007 11:31 am

Atm I have zelda on DS, it's pretty cool. But I've been waiting for it to come out so damn long grr..

Btw Keeks, I wanted to make a poll about favourite console, would that go here or in polls?
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Favorite video game of all time?   Favorite video game of all time? EmptySun Nov 11, 2007 12:25 pm

Chrono Trigger is pretty sweet... But I admit the main reason I played it was because of the character portraits. What a DBZ geek I was. I think I finished it but I can't quite remember...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite video game of all time?   Favorite video game of all time? Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite video game of all time?
Page 1 of 1