The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FRUiTS/Street Fashion

Go down 
+12
asoftrevolution
Le_Saboteur
NightmaresOnWax
anjelik_dreamin
PolyphonicThought
TOONRULESOK
abercrombie
KikiAdmin
Aelwyndaeira
gill
Gloomyjewel
Kirsty
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 11:19 pm

OMG that last picture is horrifying. I don't pretend to know anything about Japanese fashion (I do own fruits, it was given to me, I don't really like it) but do a lot of people dress like that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 11:26 pm

not really, it's a rebelious type thing over there...

over there dark hair and pale skin is considered traditionally beautiful
so the girls get tan and go blonde
like the gothy lolita thing is more accepted than ganguro is
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 11:29 pm

See I didn't even know it was called ganguro. I know gothic lolita but I couldn't label most of the crazy trend there.

In one way, I like looking at my fruits book just because I love the way they break ALL the rules but I would never wear any of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 12:10 am

I love FRUITS. lovvvve it, always have. I think I should start making some Fruits gear, it would be killer. I want the book, pretty bad.

FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 0714845108

I've never heard of Ganguro though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 12:12 am

TBH, what those girls are wearing there scares the shit out of me. So many conflicting layers, with all different patterning.

It almost hurts my eyes lol.

I prefer simpler clothing myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 12:16 am

That's why you are a virgin jade...

hahah, I am soooo kidding. dont hate me! I was jokkkking. haha. Very Happy

hm. haha.

I like gothic lolita better, myself.
FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 Egl1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 12:34 am

Hahahahahahahah. If that's the only reason, then I'm happy! Hahaha.

Yeah, I reckon that one (gothic lolita or whatever) looks cute there. The fruits is just like WOAH OVERBEARING to me lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 1:07 am

Yea, to me, I'm not sure if the fruits thing is creative or just ridiculous. I mean, it can't be that hard to just throw on every clashing neon thing you can find now can it? But again, I do enjoy that they don't follow any fashion rules. I mostly find it funny.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 5:56 am

I love fruits to look at and I admire the girls and guys that put so much effort into it.

And their stuff doesn't really clash...It's not like they have just thrown on any shirts the find on their floors. I mean the girl on the right is an easy example. All her stuff is red or pink and although the patterns are all jumbled up, that would be a cute outfit. I'd wear her top (well what looks like 3 of them) with jeans. And the blue mixes it up but she matches her shoes.

I personally don't believe that they just throw on anything. Either that or they do and most of them are extremely lucky because everything matches and works.

The only time I think fruits stuff looks ridiculous is when people like "western" people try to wear it. They usually fail miserably. I think it should be left to the Japanese girlies, who even when they are wearing a million hairclips or a doctors face mask thingy, they look cool Razz
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 5:59 am

Quote :
1. Stock your wardrobe with tank tops, spagetti straps, little sun-dresses and micromini skirts, skorts and shorts.
2. Beach slippers (i.e. Crocs are pretty “in” right now with beach babes, Jandals too), kitty heels, and puma trainers (make sure they’re flats).
3. Color your hair sun kissed blond, streak them to make them look really sun kissed like those beach babes.
4. Go for a bi-weekly tan - go crazy with it.
5. Buy copious amount of make up from your fav. brands (i.e. Channel, Estee Lauder, Shu Uemura, Kanebo, Tommy Hilfiger, Issey Miyake perfumes etc etc)
6. WEAR copious amount of make up - use fake eyelashes pls.
7. Accessorise with bling blings
8. Get a great bag to go with the outfits, make that maybe 10 different bags of your fav. brands (i.e. Kipling, Coach, Nine West, Channel, LV, Georgio Armani, Escada, etc etc)
9. Hang out at Shibuya and pretend to titter around shopping. Don’t forget your large Paris Hilton sunglasses to go with it.
10. Spend, spend, spend like a rich daddy’s girl.

I found that acout ganguro/kogal and it made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 6:01 am

hehe love it Razz

someone needs to go get faced up all ganguro now Razz
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 6:02 am

Kiki wrote:

The only time I think fruits stuff looks ridiculous is when people like "western" people try to wear it. They usually fail miserably. I think it should be left to the Japanese girlies, who even when they are wearing a million hairclips or a doctors face mask thingy, they look cool Razz

Like doogle! >_>
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 6:10 am

haha exactly!

i was a member of the fruits community on livejournal and would look at posts and be like...wtf? oooh you layered a vest over a tshirt and are wearing some bright socks and bracelets OMG YOU'RE SOOOOO FRUITS! >.<

i dunno...i just looked at the community and the first picture i found...she looks fine and her outfit is kind of cute and whatnot but compared to the japanese girlies...To me, only they can truely pull it off and be outrageous and get away with it.
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 6:13 am

Kiki wrote:
haha exactly!

i was a member of the fruits community on livejournal and would look at posts and be like...wtf? oooh you layered a vest over a tshirt and are wearing some bright socks and bracelets OMG YOU'RE SOOOOO FRUITS! >.<

i dunno...i just looked at the community and the first picture i found...she looks fine and her outfit is kind of cute and whatnot but compared to the japanese girlies...To me, only they can truely pull it off and be outrageous and get away with it.

Yeahh, i mean where i live we get alot of asian tourists, and they can get away with wearing stuff that would look silly on anyone else!! It's cute on them, and you can make slight sort of, nods to it, be slightly inspired, but to go full on looks silly.

AND TONIGHT I'M GOING TO GANGURO MYSELF UP HA HA HA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 12:48 pm

Kiki wrote:

I personally don't believe that they just throw on anything. Either that or they do and most of them are extremely lucky because everything matches and works.
If that matches, we need to redefine what matching means!

Also, I honestly don't think doogle looks any sillier than those girls.

Edit: just thought I'd share these, I have them bookmarked because it horrifies me.

FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 Tokyopopprincesswig

FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 Animakeup

FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 Animeeyes

FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 Animeeyes2

This one is scariest:
FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 Anime3

Last edited by on Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 12:50 pm

well they do match don't they!
The orange on the girl on the right's top matches the orange on her bag, on her skirt on her socks...

It's obviously planned to go.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 2:00 pm

I find that last one to be a bit cute, actually...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 2:10 pm

TOONRULESOK wrote:
well they do match don't they!
The orange on the girl on the right's top matches the orange on her bag, on her skirt on her socks...

It's obviously planned to go.
I mean, individual things they are wearing match but part of the idea I think was that they are wearing loads of neon things in clashing patterns.
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 4:27 pm

I like the concept, but quite honestly, I would get too hot wearing all those layers. Some stuff looks really crappy, you know?
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 4:53 pm

ah i love that make up!

ive seen it before and thought it was cool Very Happy

and its like these funny arty things you get...it's like planned chaos. Razz
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 5:40 am

I think crazy asian girls can SOMETIMES pull fruits/ganguro etc off, but i would never in a million years wear things like they do. Though i do sorta like lolita or whatever....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 7:22 am

that make-up is sooooo frigging cool. ha ha i want itttt.

and Keeks, that's exactly it, it's planned chaos.
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

Number of posts : 1676
Name : Mandy!
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 9:09 am

That makeup is insanely amazing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mandy.berthold

PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 1:42 pm

Louisette wrote:

Edit: just thought I'd share these, I have them bookmarked because it horrifies me.

FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 Tokyopopprincesswig

FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 Animakeup

This one is scariest:
FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 Anime3

OMG! AWESOME!!! I think that should be our next make-up challenge!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 1:49 pm

I know!!!

Louise...I think you need to stop hatin

and I want that first wig!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FRUiTS/Street Fashion   FRUiTS/Street Fashion - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

FRUiTS/Street Fashion
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next