The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The best game ever: Castlevania, Symphony of the Night.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The best game ever: Castlevania, Symphony of the Night. Empty
PostSubject: The best game ever: Castlevania, Symphony of the Night.   The best game ever: Castlevania, Symphony of the Night. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2007 10:22 am

Okay, now that I'm going to have a little more time, it's time to let you folks know about, in my opinion, the best game to ever grace a system. It was for the PSone and it is Castlevania, Symphony of the Night.

The original Castlevania started with a dude named Richter Belmont killing dracula. It was an okay game, but not nearly as good as this one. Anyway, Dracula is being ressurected. By who?

The dark priest, Shaft. (LMAO.)

Anyway, that funny chunk of storyline aside, SOTN starts out with you playing as Richter Belmont - and his wicked awesome whip made out of chains. You are at the end of the last game, and you get to kill Dracula AGAIN. And in this battle, it is impossible for you to die. It just kinda reminds you of what's going on. Cue the future, and we get to meet Dracula's Son, and the main dude in this game, ALUCARD!

The best game ever: Castlevania, Symphony of the Night. 300px-Alucard_002

Is that a load of hotness or what?

Anyway, dude apparently has beef with the castle popping back up, (it fell apart the first time Dracula died) and decides he wants to destroy the damn thing again. And it is Oh so much fun.

The style of this game is platforming - think a pimped out mario with more weapons than the military. Seriously, in all the other Castlevanias you had a whip or a sword, or if you were lucky, a whip AND a sword. This game?

- Varitey of swords, from Claymores to Flamberges, from slow to Lightning Quick.
-Nunchaku
-Brass Knuckles.
-Bladed Boomerangs.
-Fists
-Shield (Can be used to block OR as a weapon.)
-Varitey of subweapons. (Throwing Knives, Crucifix, ect.)

There are literally hundreds of weapons to choose from, and they all have their own special ability, be it teleportation, life drain, or others. Also, you can find elementally imbued weapons (i.e., fire sword, ice knuckles.) The possibilities are endless, and there is as much varitey to the armor as there is to the weapons.

The enemies are snatched straight out of mythology, starting with zombies, skeletons, undead, progressing to Cthulu, Dark Knights, and Harpes. There are thousands of enemies in this game, and the attention to how you have to kill them is usually very consistent with mythology (usually a stab will do.)

The boss fights are EPIC. They have some of the greatest ideas from the older stories, such as Bealzubub, Dopplegangers, and even a Puritan Witch that manipulated the people to hang innocent folks. There is always a certain method to kill the bosses, and they are very challenging. You will die a few times.

But not to worry, there is a save point everywhere you turn. And as further incentive to save, every time you do so, it restores you to full health/mp.

Another thing that should be mentioned is the simplicity of the controls. One button to jump, one button to block, one button to attack. Use the pad to move. That's really it. Oh, and did I mention the fact that you could turn into animals?

Last but not least, the soundtrack is impressive. It may not be much, but it's a PSone, so I give it all the props it deserves. It's great killing music.

Replay value is awesome, because after you beat the final boss, there is a whole other castle to conquer - the inverted castle. There, you fight another boss. I won't say who, only that it is very challenging and worth it.

This is one of the games other than God of War and Killswitch that I actually give a 10 out of 10 to. Here's some screenshots.

The best game ever: Castlevania, Symphony of the Night. 115881_6
DAMN Alucard is cool.

The best game ever: Castlevania, Symphony of the Night. Screenshot_1300108847_1174139893
Richter killing Dracula.

The best game ever: Castlevania, Symphony of the Night. Hellhound
Cerebus could certainly use a tictac.

The best game ever: Castlevania, Symphony of the Night. Drac03
"Damn dad, you've really let yourself go."

The best game ever: Castlevania, Symphony of the Night. Foto+Castlevania:+Symphony+of+the+Night
"OUCH!"

That's all. Hope you folks enjoyed. This is a PSone game, so it plays on PS2 and could probably be found somewhere for about 5 bucks!
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

The best game ever: Castlevania, Symphony of the Night. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best game ever: Castlevania, Symphony of the Night.   The best game ever: Castlevania, Symphony of the Night. EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 12:24 am

I wouldn't call it the best game ever, but it is pretty good. I played some dodgey port of it on the PC, and (for me) platform games are easier to get into on a console, but... I don't know, it was good, but I like my games a bit 'meatier'.

I didn't really think the replay value was that great. I've played it through twice now, and I don't think I ever will again.

Man, Alucard is one bad ass dude.
Back to top Go down

The best game ever: Castlevania, Symphony of the Night.
Page 1 of 1