The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Look everyone, I'm a Dragon!

Go down 
+3
shadowsforsale
Aelwyndaeira
Le_Saboteur
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Look everyone, I'm a Dragon! Empty
PostSubject: Look everyone, I'm a Dragon!   Look everyone, I'm a Dragon! EmptySat Oct 20, 2007 9:37 pm

Well, not really, but it made you click the link, right? I've finally decided that, yes, I want to do makeup artistry and so... Well, having something fun/different in your portfolio is always a good thing, correct? It'll show the panel and the Design and Arts College that I like doing all kinds of stuff.

Nothing much else to say, really, except that fantasy books and video games have had a pretty big effect on my brain.

Look everyone, I'm a Dragon! 1r5jxf

Look everyone, I'm a Dragon! Zvrmog

As we're only allowed six pictures (and obviously I wanna do six different looks or whatever), which one is better?

I can't believe I'm putting this up on the intarwebs >.<
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Look everyone, I'm a Dragon!   Look everyone, I'm a Dragon! EmptySat Oct 20, 2007 9:58 pm

I like the second one best, but it would be better if you could see more scales on the chest area, like in the first one.
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa

PostSubject: Re: Look everyone, I'm a Dragon!   Look everyone, I'm a Dragon! EmptySat Oct 20, 2007 10:35 pm

I kinda like the first one best. Will you come to Chicago and play with my makeup? Pleeeeeeeeease?
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

Number of posts : 1647
Name : Alexa.
Registration date : 2007-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Look everyone, I'm a Dragon!   Look everyone, I'm a Dragon! EmptySat Oct 20, 2007 10:40 pm

i like them both!
it looks really cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alexisastar
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: Look everyone, I'm a Dragon!   Look everyone, I'm a Dragon! EmptySun Oct 21, 2007 1:03 am

lovely work, m'dear. only criticism I could give is to work with the lips more - the liner was messy - and maybe add gloss over it, so it still looks green, but pulled together at the same time. even a little blush wouldnt have been bad. I couldn't tell you which I liked best, because the angle shot and head first shot are both lovely. you're on your own with that one, love!
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Look everyone, I'm a Dragon!   Look everyone, I'm a Dragon! EmptySun Oct 21, 2007 1:41 am

I just couldn't get the lips right! I tried about four times, but the pigments weren't working quite right for me- I'll have to play around with them more to really get the hang of it, and get my hands on some sort of mixing medium specifically for lips. There was a fair bit of gloss on originally, but it probably rubbed off my that point. It looks very chalky, I know, especially in the head shot >.<

I tried blush but it just didn't look good. Perhaps if I had a more apricot or peach blush it would've looked more... right. The pink was just eugh.

Thanks for the critique, it helps!
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Look everyone, I'm a Dragon!   Look everyone, I'm a Dragon! EmptySun Oct 21, 2007 4:37 am

I think it would look awesome with some glitter on the scales. But then i think everything looks more awesome with glitter :p Very pretty Kendra! I think i like the first. It shows off the makeup better IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: Look everyone, I'm a Dragon!   Look everyone, I'm a Dragon! EmptySun Oct 21, 2007 6:34 am

That.
Is.
So.
Neato.

I agree about the lips, but apart from that.. WICKED! I like the first pose yet. It's more like you're in character, and it shows off the make up better.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: Look everyone, I'm a Dragon!   Look everyone, I'm a Dragon! EmptySun Oct 21, 2007 11:57 am

oh yah, apricot blush would work - pink with that shade of green would be...icky. ;-;

and just mix the pigments with lip balm! ;D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Look everyone, I'm a Dragon!   Look everyone, I'm a Dragon! EmptySun Oct 21, 2007 3:11 pm

I totally thought you were naked at first Laughing
I like the first photo better
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Look everyone, I'm a Dragon!   Look everyone, I'm a Dragon! EmptySun Oct 21, 2007 3:27 pm

The first picture!

It shows more details of(f) (?) the make-up!

It's IMO the most eye-catching of both.

Good work! I agree with what Puffy said Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian

PostSubject: Re: Look everyone, I'm a Dragon!   Look everyone, I'm a Dragon! EmptySun Oct 21, 2007 4:42 pm

That's one sexy dragon!
I like the second one, cause I like your facial expression better..
But I suppose the first is better for showing off your mad skills
=)
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Look everyone, I'm a Dragon!   Look everyone, I'm a Dragon! EmptySun Oct 21, 2007 6:34 pm

Curses, I didn't think of lip balm. I tried with gloss but it just went blah... Then I tried layering and all sorts of different application, nothin' worked.

Thanks you guys Very Happy I think I will go with the first one.

And I just pulled down my bra and singlet straps so you couldn't see, 'cause it looked dumb.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look everyone, I'm a Dragon!   Look everyone, I'm a Dragon! Empty

Back to top Go down

Look everyone, I'm a Dragon!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Glam Yourself Up! :: Makeup & Beauty-
Jump to: