The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.

Go down 
+5
gill
asoftrevolution
Lindsay
Kirsty
PolyphonicThought
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. Empty
PostSubject: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 8:03 pm

http://www.bmezine.com/news/pubring/20030509.html
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 8:07 pm

good for posting this! I had one used on me in wally world, and I didnt like it much. now I have even more reason to dislike it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 8:10 pm

Very Happy yaaaayyyyyy
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 8:13 pm

hehe i got my lobes done with a gun in claires and they were poifect.

dont kill me...but i kind think if guns were *that* bad, people wouldn't let companies use them. Maybe that's just me being silly but yeh I can see how they are unsterile and how pushing the blunt stud through isn't as good as a needle and can cause problems but guns have been used for years.
Ok that article says the whole shoving the blunt earring through your lobe isn't so bad. So, I guess the issue is more the sterility. And it does say later on that they are making disposable things for them which is good.

I think you'd have to be stupid to let someone use a gun on you anywhere else other than your lobe though. I know Claires do like upper ear piercing and I'm like way that must kill because mine was kind of nippy with a sharp needle.

Also earring type posts arent really meant for anywhere except the ear lobe so why would you let someone stick one in your somewhere else. You'd have to be stupid.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 10:35 pm

I had mine done with a gun once and they had a hard time getting it to go through my ear!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
asoftrevolution

asoftrevolution

Number of posts : 979
Name : Kat
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 11:43 am

i had my upper cartilage done with a gun, and it was awful. my right hole never healed right, so i had to let it close up. :/ but when i got get them repierced, i'm going to get it done by a professional piercer.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 11:45 am

same with sam. a lil old lady did his with a gun and it just wouldnt heal. bubs took it out. he looks a bit silly anyway Razz
Back to top Go down
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian

PostSubject: Re: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 2:56 pm

in my silly days i had 4 lobes and one cartiliage done with a gun. and while nothing went seriously wrong, they did take longer to heal than needle done piercings and im left with that annoying little lump of scar tissue inside the piercing when you press it.

but yeh, wouldn't let anyone near me with one now. and i direct anyone to that article who doesnt know the dangers.

my next door neighbour took their kid to get her ears pierced when she was only like 3 and the force of the gun shattered her ear lobes. not a nice sight.

and kiki, does that mean regular guns and bombs aren't *that* bad because companies make them and people buy them? Razz people are stupid. and only care about money. every reputable piercing studio i know refuse to use guns at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-

PostSubject: Re: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 9:00 pm

my lil sister had her ears done with a gun, she had crazy scarring and the earring sunk into her ears...we had to have a paramedic remove them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 9:02 pm

oh my god are her ears ok now?

when i have kids, i'm gonna let em wait til they're old enough and decide for themselves, and i'm going to pay for their first 3 piercings for them.... but absolutley nothing on the face til they're sixteen. anything on the ears though.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 9:16 pm

mm. you know, I cant even wear earrings anymore cos it hurts? Ive no clue why.

not saying this is gun's fault,

but damn it. I cant even wear me gun shaped earrings anymore. ;-;
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 9:31 pm

you could have a nickel allergy?
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 9:33 pm

nah. Im not allergic to any jewlery at all - thats why its so strange!

at one point, if I wore earrings for too long,
even my studs,
my ears would leak and would be sore for a few hours. ;-;
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 9:34 pm

wiiiieerddd o.O

that must suck... Sad

tried white gold or titanium? surgical steel?
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 9:35 pm

yep, my earrings are white gold.

and my gun earrings, the hook parts are metal, so I dont know why that was a bother, either. ;-;
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 2:59 pm

Do you clean them really well before you put the jewlelry in, as well as the jewelry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 3:41 pm

ive had all 5 of my ear piercings, including a cartilage piercing, done with a gun. maybe im lucky but ive never had any problems at all.
the only piercing i had done with a needle was my belly and that rejected, but that was more my fault i think.
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 8:16 am

I too have had 8 of my 11 piercings done with a gun, and they have been fine. However, I agree that piercing guns should not be even allowed to pierce skin.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 1:54 pm

I never want my ears done again. I had to stop wearing earrings for a year because of the pain and the weird leaking from the piercing. I wore them for the first time in a year yesterday, and I just about died. it was worse than ever, and they were sore for hours after. ;-;

*dies*
Back to top Go down
asoftrevolution

asoftrevolution

PostSubject: Re: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 2:36 pm

puffy, if they were that sore, they probably had started to close up, and you stretched the hole by putting earrings in. :/
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 2:40 pm

it was like that a year ago,
and it was relatively easy putting my earrings in,
which did surprise me.

but mum wants me to wear earrings again ;-;
I just dont like it too much cos it hurttts.

cos mah earsies be sensitive.
like mum's tummy after she had one of Puffy's mammoth burgers. heh heh heh.
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa

PostSubject: Re: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 2:44 pm

....officially not wearing earrings again this week. Thanks, Puffy. Yech. Comparing earrings to burgers..
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com
asoftrevolution

asoftrevolution

PostSubject: Re: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 2:46 pm

if you can, you should try to get someone to repierce em, or at least have a professional piercer look at them and tell you whats going on. maybe you're allergic to nickel or whatever they make earrings out of?
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 3:43 pm

geez id die if i couldnt wear earrings >.<
they're my love!

sucks puffy! get checked.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 3:55 pm

ahhh I cant wear any fake earrings.
only gold and white gold and silver and such.

but my earrings are white gold, so I dont get it!

it makes Puffy a sad Panda. ;-;

*blames piercing guns for no reason whatsoever*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.   PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY. Empty

Back to top Go down

PIERCINGS GUNS ARE BLASPHEMY.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next