The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Books :]

Go down 
+2
Le_Saboteur
Kirsty
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

Books :] Empty
PostSubject: Books :]   Books :] EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 8:21 pm

What are your favourite non-novel books?
Like art, photography type "coffee table" books.
(I don't know if there's a name for them...but maybe my ideas will help Razz)

I pounced on the last copy of Dita Von Teese's book "Burlesque/Fetish and The Art of the Teese" in the bookshop when I saw it & I love it. All the purdy pictures and stuff on burlesque.

I'm a huge fan of FRUiTS & own both of those books. Even if I would never dress full like some of them do, I love looking at them and getting ideas Very Happy

My friend bought me this cute little book when she was my secret santa. It's about hugging and has a photo of animals on every page and a sentence and talks about hugging and different hugs.

My favourite favourite is the Suicide Girls book. It's got photos of different girls and then a section of journal entries and stuff. It's not exactly an amazing book...just photos from the site but it's nice to have Razz

Share? :]
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Books :]   Books :] EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 8:29 pm

My PostSecret book my brother bought me. I like reading people's secrets!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Books :]   Books :] EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 8:34 pm

Aw wow...I looked it up on amazon.
It looks good Razz
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Books :]   Books :] EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 9:23 pm

I really like Kevyn Aucoin books...he's amazing and so open minded about make-up as an art

and this Vargas book I saw at Barnes and Nobel, I didn't buy it but I've looked through it a million times and I love it
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Books :]   Books :] EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 2:51 am

r!nGw0rM wrote:

and this Vargas book I saw at Barnes and Nobel, I didn't buy it but I've looked through it a million times and I love it

Can you remember the name of the Vargas book? I've been looking for some sort of collection for so freaking long, but whenever I go into Borders, they're like 'buh?' and pull up this huge list of titles (have to order) and I have to pick one. If it's awesome, I'd looove to know if you can recall the name.
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Books :]   Books :] EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 3:18 am

Mostly design/architecture/graffiti type books with lots of pictures. Especially if they're british cause then you know a lot of the places and can look out for the buildings. It can be amazing how little you actually know about where you live.

Those Bunny Suicide books - they're hilarious!

I also have a few makeup books like the Kevyn Aucoin and Bobbi Brown ones. They're nice to refer to when I'm stuck in a rut, but otherwise just sit and look pretty!
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Books :]   Books :] EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 9:07 am

My Marilyn Monroe book thats got all these gorgeous pictures and stuff about her in it.

I also really want this Pez book I found a Barnes and Noble.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin

PostSubject: Re: Books :]   Books :] EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Le_Saboteur wrote:
r!nGw0rM wrote:

Can you remember the name of the Vargas book? I've been looking for some sort of collection for so freaking long, but whenever I go into Borders, they're like 'buh?' and pull up this huge list of titles (have to order) and I have to pick one. If it's awesome, I'd looove to know if you can recall the name.

I'll probably be going over that way later today...I'll check it out and PM you the title

the book is really great, it has everything set up by decades, like from late 1800s to mid 70s I think, it's huge too and it has some of the prettiest nude sketches, I'm not a lesbo or anything but I really love nude art, it always looks so pure
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books :]   Books :] EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 12:47 pm

Cranberry_Juice wrote:
My PostSecret book my brother bought me. I like reading people's secrets!! Smile

I loved that book!! The second edition was the best.

My favorite coffee table book is this book featuring lots of different graffitti artists and their work. It's like..all pictures. I'm pretty sure there are two editions, one is specifically female graffiti artists, that's the one I own.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Books :]   Books :] EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 2:14 pm

I love Peach Girl manga...I havent read the one for Sae yet, but damn it...I I love you Momo Adachi so much, I named my second pawphan after her! =D

I heart my Adachi. :]
Back to top Go down
asoftrevolution

asoftrevolution

Number of posts : 979
Name : Kat
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Books :]   Books :] EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 3:11 pm

okay, i may be a total dork, but i loved our psychology book we used last year. the most organized, easily readable text book ever. the chapters were kinda long, but most of it was interesting.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Books :]   Books :] EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 3:39 pm

I LOVED my biology book. mm!

I cant wait to get my hands on the american history books either, seeing as theyre brand new - I so cant wait!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Books :]   Books :] Empty

Back to top Go down

Books :]
Page 1 of 1