The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is this too much??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Is this too much?? Empty
PostSubject: Is this too much??   Is this too much?? EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 2:30 pm

My homecoming is soon and i already made the mockup of the dress I want so I know it fits right.

It's inspired by this Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket but the bust isn't gathered and it doesn't have the neck strappy thing.

(my flash hates me today. the red is actually more blood-like)
I have thisPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket that I'm using for the bodice and skirt but as i don't think i have enough fabric, I was thinking of using Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket for the sleeves and perhaps some black lace around the neckline and for the ruffle at the bottom.

Would that too much? Should I exclude the ruffle?
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Is this too much?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much??   Is this too much?? EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 2:35 pm

I think that would be nice for the ruffle, actually; but may be too much for the sleeves...otherwise, I think the outcome would be quite lovely.
Back to top Go down

Is this too much?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much??   Is this too much?? EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 3:48 pm

Duuudee the dress you are inspired by is so cute.
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

Is this too much?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much??   Is this too much?? EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 9:18 pm

I love the dress. I don't think what you're going with is too much. Ruffles are the sex.
Back to top Go down
ace-of-s

Is this too much?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much??   Is this too much?? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 6:49 pm

That inspiration dress is sooo cute. I dont think what you are going with to be to much, puff sleeves and ruffles are hot.
I also really like the color of the fabric. black and pink= <3
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

Is this too much?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much??   Is this too much?? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 7:54 pm

I think the patterned fabric on the sleeves alone might look a bit weird, but if you did the bottom ruffle in it as well it would look good. Or you could do the sleeves plain and just the ruffle patterned. I think if you do end up doing the sleeves patterned it needs to tie into the rest of the dress somehow.
Back to top Go down

Is this too much?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much??   Is this too much?? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 8:37 pm

is that Baby the Stars Shine (so) Bright? they have very cute things! i always want to order, but i can't for the life of me figure that website out. its really depressing...
and i agree about that second fabric being too much for the sleeves- a little pattern goes a long way!
Back to top Go down

Is this too much?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much??   Is this too much?? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 9:00 pm

yup yup it is!

i just put the URL through the google translator and it works fine.
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Is this too much?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much??   Is this too much?? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 9:25 pm

pinkhaired wrote:
I think the patterned fabric on the sleeves alone might look a bit weird, but if you did the bottom ruffle in it as well it would look good. Or you could do the sleeves plain and just the ruffle patterned. I think if you do end up doing the sleeves patterned it needs to tie into the rest of the dress somehow.

This is exactly what I would recommend!
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com
electrikkk

electrikkk

Number of posts : 1634
Name : Megan, Meggles
Registration date : 2007-04-25

Is this too much?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much??   Is this too much?? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 10:00 pm

Wowwow, I love that dress you posted...it may possibly become the inspiration for my homecoming dress as well! :]

I think you're going to look wonderful darling. Remember to post pictures too!
Back to top Go down

Is this too much?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much??   Is this too much?? EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 11:08 pm

I shall.

And thank you! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is this too much?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this too much??   Is this too much?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this too much??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Arts & Crafts :: Crafts-
Jump to: