The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New hair for school...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

New hair for school... Empty
PostSubject: New hair for school...   New hair for school... EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 12:33 pm

So my hair is this awesome red color...but for school I have to have a more subdued color. So if my hair is going to be a boring color, I want to atleast add some bold high/low lighting or chunking...anyone have any ideas?

New hair for school... 01front
New hair for school... 01right

That is what my hair looks like now. I'm going to color it a more auburn red and keep the same cut, but I'm not sure what to do to make it look uh..."cooler" for lack of a better word.

[edit] I know the pictures don't look that vibrant but IRL my hair is very very very red

Last edited by on Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: New hair for school...   New hair for school... EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 12:33 pm

I think your eyes would look awesome if you did chunks of purple..
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: New hair for school...   New hair for school... EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 12:37 pm

yeah...chunks of purple would be nice...but school doesn't allow it...purple is actually one of the colors specifically stated that we can not have...but I do love me some purple and red togather...
or maybe I could do like a level 3 or 4 and add a purple intensifier to it...then i can say that it's black and it has a purple undertone...
ooh ok that you Lizzy
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

PostSubject: Re: New hair for school...   New hair for school... EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 12:40 pm

Wait, your school says what you can and can't have? Mine just said our hair couldn't be too distracting. Wow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New hair for school...   New hair for school... EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 12:45 pm

Yeah our dress code says "No distracting hair colors such as green, purple, etc." and that's like a direct quote

I actually ended up wearing a wig for 2 months because they said the color red of my hair was too pink and I refused to dye it a different color...

but they let the black girls walk around with their ghettoed out red and orange and god only knows what other colors in their hair...so I'm like, It's because I'm white isn't it...
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

PostSubject: Re: New hair for school...   New hair for school... EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 12:46 pm

That's absolutely ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: New hair for school...   New hair for school... EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 12:47 pm

I'm not good with suggestions, but I can't belive your school won't let your have your hair however you want! My school never gave a shit what color our hair was!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin

PostSubject: Re: New hair for school...   New hair for school... EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 12:48 pm

yup...just about...damn small town bible belt bitches
cain't let no one do what they want...
we have "Standarized dress code" also...whoopty "fuckin" doo to that shit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New hair for school...   New hair for school... EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 1:07 pm

I hated having to have normal hair for school. But the head teacher didn't usually mind too much cos I kept winning the school awards and getting them in the newspaper.
I think it would look cool if your hair was auburn at the top but blended into a more purple tinge at the bottom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New hair for school...   New hair for school... EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 1:17 pm

I was actually also going to suggest to have purple streaks in it ... I'll think about it and see if I can come up with something else ...
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: New hair for school...   New hair for school... EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 1:30 pm

oh yeah, they told us specifically we couldnt wear coloured weaves - and they did anyways. not many people listened, though. and its kinda tradition for some kids to dye their hair green at our school -- we got school spirit, yo.

so yeah. I thought our parish sucked because of uniforms. Razz
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: New hair for school...   New hair for school... EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 3:53 pm

your hair is gorgeous!
i love it!

i think if you're not allowed to do purple, then the black with purple tones would be awesome, because you're under bitty is black anyway isnt it? or super dark at least.
mine was technically blue when i dyed mine black myself and you couldnt tell very much right away so i think you'd be fine.

but i loooove it how it is!
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: New hair for school...   New hair for school... EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 3:55 pm

I say make the red darker. like. almost a blood/burgondy red. that would be wicked rad ^.^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New hair for school...   New hair for school... EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 4:31 pm

I think a real golden brownish blonde color in chunks would look good also with some lighter blonde. But idk that's probably not your style. I dooo love your hair the way it is, though, too!

That's such bogus crap about your school dress and hair code...when are we ever going to be able to be exactly who we want to be? Adults should be able to do as they please with their hair Razz Like you're speaking about college right?? Ridiculous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New hair for school...   New hair for school... EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 5:06 pm

No...I'm in highschool...
I've never heard of a college with a standarized dress code...wtf?

Kiki...the underneath was black but the dye i've been using is made to lighten dark colors...it's completely frying my hair hahaha

so now the underneath is just a very dark red

I'm wanting to keep the underneath dark because it's longer so it adds some nice contrast
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: New hair for school...   New hair for school... EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 5:12 pm

yeh i really like the red and the dark.
and the shade of red really suits you! i dont think you should change it.

hmm ok reading you said you were going for more boring hair...

what about like this?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
like a dark brown or black with the choppy bits in red.

blah except i dont know if it would suit the hair style you have.
wah just keep it like thaaaaaat! Razz

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New hair for school...   New hair for school... EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 5:16 pm

i want to keep it the color that it is but I can't...it's a lot brighter irl than in the pictures...and school won't like it

I was actually thinking of doing something like the first pic except doing blonde in the middle and the purple-ish black underneath

then doing my bangs with the same colors like the second pic
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: New hair for school...   New hair for school... EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 5:31 pm

mmm it sounds kind of pretty.
hmmm id just dye the red a bit darker...unless you want something totally different and new.

i dont wanna post her pic...but a girl that was in my year at school dyed her hair red and idk if it would be what you're looking for, but i think the colour might work so ill post it anyway incase Razz

its crap ok...but she's on my myspace friends if you want a better look, i can tell who you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New hair for school...   New hair for school... EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 5:34 pm

that look simialr to what i was probably goin gto go for...maybe a lil more auburn so that it doesn't contrast with the blonde too much
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: New hair for school...   New hair for school... EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 5:36 pm

well..i didnt notice i didnt have you on myspace, so i sent you a request...and if you want to look at her hair, she's on the first of my friends pages and you'll be able to work out who Razz
so if you do wanna look then away ye go! she's put those pics up so i dont feel bad showing you were to get them.
i think it was brighter at first but its faded a bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New hair for school...   New hair for school... EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 5:40 pm

i'm thinking of doing my top few layers a bit shorter like the pics you posted...but not too short...i've been growing this hair from sholder length since 8th grade
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New hair for school...   New hair for school... EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 7:04 pm

are you still in high school?
I think you could get away with keeping some of that red (which looks great, by the way! cute cut, too!) if you tone it down with chunks of dark brown. because you'd be dyeing over the red, after a few washes that red will peek through and look really pretty! you can also lighten up that bottom layer to have a more cohesive look. i really think putting more chocolate brown all over, and maybe a redder red wash over will pull it all together. i don't know if what i said makes much sense... i hope it did! (forgive me..i have a major headache right now)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New hair for school...   New hair for school... EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 8:50 pm

yes...I am

and no offense to any one but I don't like brown hair...brown lowlights, caramel browns, red browns...none of them
I just don't like it and it doesn't suit me

I don't want to lighten the bottom layer, I like it dark because it is longer than the rest of my hair and I like the contrast

and I guess no one seems to get that I can't make my hair redder than it already is...the whole point was that I have to tone down the red for school but I would like some ideas as to how to make it less borning

please don't take any offense, I do appreciate everyones advice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New hair for school...   New hair for school... EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 9:10 pm

I think black blue would suit you well!
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: New hair for school...   New hair for school... EmptyFri Jul 20, 2007 6:29 pm

I looooove this. Sexy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New hair for school...   New hair for school... Empty

Back to top Go down

New hair for school...
Page 1 of 1